Minor hair update with pics

Mystic

My hair has gone through so many different changes since I have been on this forum - no wonder I can't retain any length, lol! Started off with thin out horrible looking hair, cut if off, relaxed it..., went bald and was natural for a while. Did the BTK thing, it thinned my natural texture out so badly:nono: I was like, might as well relax it again; Initially the BTK hair was the best thing that happened to me but overtime, I hated my hair so that I ended up relaxing. To add my to my sorrow, I went to the hair dresser for a virgin relaxer and even though I know what the guy was saying is crock, I still let him start the relaxer on my ends first (according to him, that was the most porous part of my hair! WRONG!!!!:wallbash::wallbash:. My ends were so horribly thin, the middle kind of OK, and the root see through:nono:. I was like, when was I going to win with this haircare stuff! After that episode, I started going to a dominican shop to get my hair relaxed but it wasn't any better because they smooth the hair too much which did not work for my fine hair. I realized that the only way to get what I want in my hair is to be come a do-it-yourself-kind-of-girl. I started doing that this Feb, I think.

I started relaxing my hair myself, doing cowashes - sometimes daily or 3X/week, henna, and oiling my scalp at night with amla or any other indian oils; I must say that for the first time since being 100% natural, I am beginning to get back the body and natural textured feel that I have always wanted. My hair is looking and feeling so much better now and I wanted to share that even though you are relaxed, your hair can still feel and look natural if you take matters into your own hands. I hate very straight hair and like it textured like this. I am pleased with my journey so far, in such a short time.

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/img0542fotki.jpg/

HOW CAN I GET THESE PICS BIGGER?

Last edited:
We all fry our hair at some point LOL Your hair looks great and I can't tell that you did all that. Your hair still has alot of texture, are you texlaxed now?

Your hair looks great!
If you had posted in this thread that you were relaxed, I would have sworn you were natural.

I soak my hair from scalp to ends in elucence barrier balm 30mins-1hr before relaxing and 10 minutes before applying the relaxer, I spray silk amino acid to my scalp and hair. Apply the relaxer (have been using Linange mild) and rinse it out in 10mins.

Looks great! Texlax details please.

Wow Mystic- your hair looks amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing your pics. I feel like we are kindred spirits, slow growers and very similar hair texture.

IA w/ you to the fullest- there is nothing better than DIY. Seriously, who is gonna treat your hair better than you.

Happy for you girl.

Thanks SelfStyled! Tell me about the slow growing, lol. Your hair looks great also.

Wow Mystic- your hair looks amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing your pics. I feel like we are kindred spirits, slow growers and very similar hair texture.

IA w/ you to the fullest- there is nothing better than DIY. Seriously, who is gonna treat your hair better than you.

Happy for you girl.

Back