mini hair crisis!!!

Mena

I noticed a section of my hair broke off. It went from 6in-->3in It is a very small section.
I am not sure why.
Here is my regimen.
I wear half wigs so I only do my hair that I leave out of the half wig.
Once a week, I deep condition my hair. The part I leave out. I will blow dry with a wide tooth comb then put the heat protectant on first of course. After it is dry, I flat iron it. Whenever I flat iron, I am EXTRA careful so ny hair wont get fried and nothing falls out. I do notice little hairs on my pillows some times. Also, sometimes I do notice hair in come out when i blow dry. I just it assume it is hair that is shedding anyway. Overall, my hair is really healthy so I am kind of confused. It is really healthy and shiny.
maybe I am not getting enough protein? I eat more fruits and grains than anything. Or maybe my hair gets to dry during the week? I use a water based moisturizer on it.

Advice?

Last edited:
May need more information for the ladies to respond.

Are you natural or relaxed?

If relaxed are you stretching and for how long?

You mentioned hairs on your pillow do you cover your hair at night?

Where exactly is the breakage on in your hair? Side, Front, Top, Back, etc?

Is the part that you blow dry the part that has broke off or is it under the wig?

May need more information for the ladies to respond.

Are you natural or relaxed?

If relaxed are you stretching and for how long?

You mentioned hairs on your pillow do you cover your hair at night?

Where exactly is the breakage on in your hair? Side, Front, Top, Back, etc?

Is the part that you blow dry the part that has broke off or is it under the wig?
Natural 4a/4b!
I don't cover all my hair at night. I have 800 count sheets so I assumed my hair should be fine if I slept on my sheets. The breakage is in the front.
The part that broke off is the part I blow dry/flat iron.

I wear 1/2 wigs also. You may want to take a break from blow drying and flat ironing the front once and a while. Dry it (air possibly with the scarf method) like you normally do the rest of your hair and put all of your hair under the 1/2 wig and where a headband or bandana over the front. This will give that portion a break and protect your ends from that front part of the hair under the wig.

Don't flat iron and dry that part in a rollerset and wrap. That'll make it smooth enough and should be able to blend.

Do you flat iron it daily when you where'em or you're good after a wash and blow for a while?

800 count sheets? Well you still might want to wrap your hair due to friction while you're sleeping and turning at night.

I haven't blow dried in a while so some of the ladies who do may be able to help.

As for the sheets I would cover my hair no matter what the sheet count is. It is the rubbing of the hair on the sheet even soft ones that can cause hair to break off.

A nice satin or silk scarf or cap may be useful.

Also with the blow drying what type of heat protectant do you use?

Not sure if anyone here blow drys their hair on a weekly basis, for some I know for me that was way to much when I use to blow dry my natural hair.

It is possible that the regular manipulation and blow drying could be too much for your natural hair?
Can you try another style that does not require blow drying weekly so that your hair can take a break from regular heat usage?

Just some suggestions. Let's see what others may suggest.

Don't flat iron and dry that part in a rollerset and wrap. That'll make it smooth enough and should be able to blend.

Do you flat iron it daily when you where'em or you're good after a wash and blow for a while?

800 count sheets? Well you still might want to wrap your hair due to friction while you're sleeping and turning at night.

I only flat iron once a week. never ever daily
I might experiment with the rollerset next week.

I wear 1/2 wigs also. You may want to take a break from blow drying and flat ironing the front once and a while. Dry it (air possibly with the scarf method) like you normally do the rest of your hair and put all of your hair under the 1/2 wig and where a headband or bandana over the front. This will give that portion a break and protect your ends from that front part of the hair under the wig.

I might need to try this. Hopefully, it wont look too crazy.

Whatcha tryna say?! :spinning: That I look crazy because that's how I'm working the 1/2 wig right now! :grin:

No worries, you'll get enough help and suggestions from these ladies. They are great!

It should be fine. I wear the half wig with headbands too sometimes. It just I usually try to blend my hair or hide it in the headband if it a lil nappy.

Back