milstan Feather Flat Iron

Well I think the lady in the first video link is awesome. . . you got to see it. she look natural or texlax or something

OT: the way they spelled gorgeous just threw me off. run spell check on your vids man.

i didnt see her put anything on her hair, i hope she used a heat protectant or something. it was beautiful in the end though...

I'd be willing to give it a shot when I become all natural. I'm not sure if my relaxed hair can take it right now. I'm about a month and a half into my transition, so it will be a while, but I will let you ladies know my results:)

I'm going to be purchasing the feather flat and the slither iron. I was talking to a friend and we both agreed our hair was much better with old marcel irons and our hair feels much drier using ceramic.

Plus those worried about heat can buy heat controlled stoves. I'll be getting one I'm tired of trying all these ceramic irons and my hair end up feeling like crap.

I love the idea of the slither to touch up the kitchen and front edges of the hair. They used both on this child's hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJXCnUbmuww

I've tried them at hair salons, bad version of hair straighteners..stick to ghd or fhi ladies.

I haven't tried any of these, but define bad, please?

I'm assuming you mean it didn't straighten well enough. I also wonder if it just damaged the hair too much; therefore, it might've straightened at the expense of the hair....:perplexed

i mean they're nothing special. Just flat marcel tongs. They straighten but there is technique to using them and in the wrong hands its not pretty. My friend got a section of 4 inches of bsl hair burnt off clean LOL (wasn't funny at the time). I guess with those kinda irons that's always an issue.

Personally, I got more heat damage. BUT...i'm sure someone will come in here and give an amazing review! Just be cautious on how you use them ladies! xx

IMHO, I think the iron is innovative. Although I would never use it on my hair. Marcel iron was the main reason for me to find this board three years ago. Over time they seem to damage my hair making it lifeless, thin, and stringy (I am natural too).

They should make an electric one with adjustable heat settings. This iron looks so cool, and I've never seen one get that close to the scalp before without someone screaming.

I really need to refrain from buying this b/c I'm pretty sure my mom will kill me if I bring another hair appliance into her house. With that said, I'll probably buy one once my hair hits shoulder length and I have at least an inch of new growth :)

The problem with these irons ( the Marcels ) is that they can get up to 1000 degrees farenheit..... they are dangerous in the wrong ( or untrained ) hands....

My hands are certainly untrained with Marcel irons.

A tester would probably be a good idea - if a DIY'er were to purchase one.

i saw this flat iron on YT about 6 mths ago, and sent the owner a message asking him if he thought it would be easy for amateurs like myself to use a stove iron like that. He never responded...:angry2:
So I didn't purchase it...:rolleyes:

Back