Milky Way Brazilian Curl Self Install

TaylorT

Hey ladies!! I've been having some issues with my hair lately so I decided to get an install. I really wanted a kinky curly weave that was non synthetic and not too expensive. I originally wanted to do my install with Janet Collection Afro Jerry but the BSS that I went to didn't have it and I ended up getting a discount on the Milky Way. Anyway, I've heard A LOT of bad things about Milky Way hair but I've heard some good things too so I just decided to see for myself.

It's been in for two weeks and the only problem I have is the shedding. It does shed quite a bit but overall I like it.:yep:

Attachments

• IMG-20120127-00094.jpg
    IMG-20120127-00094.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-20120205-00142.jpg
    IMG-20120205-00142.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20120206-00169.jpg
    IMG-20120206-00169.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
it looks cute!
but i would feel guilty if i didn't warn you....you may have dreadlocks on your hands in two weeks. real talk. i took decently good care of this hair, and it still turned into a tangled, ratty mess. :nono:

next time, I'd either go with summersolstice's suggestion about a CV, or if you're like me and too lazy for alladat, BoBraz is a pretty decent kinkycurly you can find in the BSS. and you would probably pay about the same since BoBraz only requires one pack, and if i remember correctly, that milky way is $40 a pack and requires 2.

it looks cute!
but i would feel guilty if i didn't warn you....you may have dreadlocks on your hands in two weeks. real talk. i took decently good care of this hair, and it still turned into a tangled, ratty mess. :nono:

next time, I'd either go with summersolstice's suggestion about a CV, or if you're like me and too lazy for alladat, BoBraz is a pretty decent kinkycurly you can find in the BSS. and you would probably pay about the same since BoBraz only requires one pack, and if i remember correctly, that milky way is $40 a pack and requires 2.

Hey Rocky91! Thanks for the warning. I did some research on this hair before I got it and I did read that it gets really matted and tangles. I don't plan on having it in for more than a month though. I do plan on moving on to more expensive weaves but this is only my fourth self install so I wanted to try out something a little less expensive. But I got this hair for only 55 dollars for 2 packs so I couldnt really pass that up lol!

TaylorT said:
Hey Rocky91! Thanks for the warning. I did some research on this hair before I got it and I did read that it gets really matted and tangles. I don't plan on having it in for more than a month though. I do plan on moving on to more expensive weaves but this is only my fourth self install so I wanted to try out something a little less expensive. But I got this hair for only 55 dollars for 2 packs so I couldnt really pass that up lol!

Wow... You are right, thats a great deal!!

Back