Military Up Do's...Pics Please!

dede1129

Hello Ladies,

I am looking for new ideas for up do's to wear for my job in the Army. The regulation states that you have to wear your hair so that it does not touch your collar and if you have bangs they cannot hang below your eyebrows. I have been in for 8 years now and have just been accepted to be an Army Officer and I am so excited but I am getting so bored with wearing my hair in a bun all the time and am looking for new updo styles for 2011 so please post your pics and your regimen as well for those who frequently wear their hair up for at least five days a week. This is much appreciated!

Hi welcome to the officer corps. Anywho, I am wearing my hair braids back into a twisted french braid. I will take pics and try to post today:)

Hello Ladies,

I am looking for new ideas for up do's to wear for my job in the Army. The regulation states that you have to wear your hair so that it does not touch your collar and if you have bangs they cannot hang below your eyebrows. I have been in for 8 years now and have just been accepted to be an Army Officer and I am so excited but I am getting so bored with wearing my hair in a bun all the time and am looking for new updo styles for 2011 so please post your pics and your regimen as well for those who frequently wear their hair up for at least five days a week. This is much appreciated!

CONGRATS!!!! I am not active duty but I work on a USAF base and notice that most women wear buns or braids.

CONGRATS!!!! I am not active duty but I work on a USAF base and notice that most women wear buns or braids.

Thanks! I was leaning towards braids since that is what everyone else does but in the past they have done a number on my edges:nono:

Thanks! I was leaning towards braids since that is what everyone else does but in the past they have done a number on my edges:nono:
I've had braids - big, medium and micro - and yes, they damaged my edges too. I would stick with bunning - donut bun or bunning without a donut to give you access to your hair. Maybe a short wig would work also? I would look for alternatives other than braids because of the potential damages. You could also get a weave install to hide your hair. Just some ideas although again, I know it doesn't provide you with much variety but that's Uncle Sam for you.

I wore the inverted french braid. I liked it better because it wasn't bulky and there was less tension needed.
DSCN0791-th.jpg

1 braid. 2 braids. 1 braid & a pinned up bang. 2 braids & a pinned up bang. I'm not in the military but that's pretty much how i do my hair lately :) I alternate between plaits & cornrows.

i wear either a short wig or bun. Recently, i had my hair flat ironed straight and I wasn't ready to put my hair back into a bun so i let the front hang(my hair was cut in layers) and pin curled the back. i attached one of my fav wig. Although, sometimes i take old wigs in cut them into a bob or wear a wig in bun it LOL hth. congrats on your promotion!

Attachments

• DAYNA_L.jpg
    DAYNA_L.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 11
I always wore flat twists or cornrows that I gathered into a bun.

When do you start OCS? Remember, it's a mind game. Congratulations! And Good Luck!

I where my hair in a french braid, donut bun, or a french twist since I'm on deployment and have to where a cover all the time. When I'm back in the states I usually rollerset my hair and then the pin up th parts that fall below the collar since I can get dressed at work and don't have to wear my cover as much. HTH!!!

CONGRATS on your selection...hopefully I'll be behind you next fall.

i pretty much bun everyday, but i can see how you would get bored with it. congrats on OCS school! :grin:

the only thing i can think of is to get a quick weave (stocking cap weave). you can either make one yourself (learn from YouTube) or get a professional to make one. i think a short bob hairstyle like these would be cute!

Attachments

• QuickWeaveCC_img_25.jpg
    QuickWeaveCC_img_25.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
  • Rihannabob1.JPG
    Rihannabob1.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
Back