mild relaxers

junipertree

I have been using Phyto for the past year and have been very happy with the results. I startedwith index 2 and found it was too harsh and used index 1 afterwards happily. I have started going to a new dominican salon for wash and sets since I've moved (I still go back to my old stylist for touch-ups) and recently Newstylist asked me first had I "thinned" my hair. I said no and she asked me what relaxer was I using because it looked like my hair was breaking. I told her and she said that I should use a milder relaxer OR add conditioner to the Phyto to prevent breakage. She said the breakage is not so bad because it's not in chunks but it is scattered which is why she thought I'd thinned my hair professionally.

Has anyone ever added conditioner to their relaxer? Also, what are the mildest relaxers on the market? I always thought Phyto was pretty mild, esp index 1.

I'm really perplexed because I do like the way my hair feels with the Phyto but, although I do have a lot of hair and can afford a few strands, I don't want it to continue. I also have been relaxing more frequently (I used to only relax once or twice a year and now have been getting touchups every three months). Any advice you ladies can give is greatly appreciated!

I added protein from styleone.com to Phyto II the last time I relaxed. I can't really say if it's doing anything because it's only been a month. But I do feel like I've given my hair a better start.

I don't add anything, but Vitale and Designers Touch regular are both pretty mild. It is like they are mixed with extra conditioners. The Vitale has a lot of aloe in it.

sareca said:
I added protein from styleone.com to Phyto II the last time I relaxed. I can't really say if it's doing anything because it's only been a month. But I do feel like I've given my hair a better start.

Thanks sareca! Have you used any of their other products? They look worth a try. I've never heard of styleone before....

I've noticed an overall thinning of my hair too. I've been using phyto index 2 for a little over a year and at first my hair reacted beautifully, but now my hair is significantly thinner. I'm thinking of over switching to index 1 next relaxer BUT not before i vist my dermatologist first.. ive been dealing with a lot of stress lately and want to deal with all the factors that may be causing my hair to thin. BTw im a 4a

Back