Might be a silly question, but . . .

Glib Gurl

What do you all think of those "ethnic" hair products they sell at the grocery store? Y'know, the ones called Doo Gro, African Pride, Dr. Miracle's, etc.?

Also, any thoughts on Ambi?

Are they just junk or do any of them work?

Tryin' to save some money,

GG

i think i saw doo grow (or one of the "grow" products )at a professional supply store. i was somewhat surprised. for the other products i like to get someone elses opinion before i try it.

i've used ambi for years. it works wonders and has suncreen in it, but will lighten your entire face if you don't apply it correctly. i've been looking for it but wal-mart doesn't carry it anymore. gonna have to hit a bss.

I use Doo Gro Deep Down Intense Penetrating Conditioner and it works great on my hair! It really moisturizes it and makes it soft. It's become one of my staples.

Glib Gurl said:
What do you all think of those "ethnic" hair products they sell at the grocery store? Y'know, the ones called Doo Gro, African Pride, Dr. Miracle's, etc.?

Also, any thoughts on Ambi?

Are they just junk or do any of them work?

Tryin' to save some money,

GG

I use Doo Gro and Dr. Miracle`s and i like them

I have a friend that swears by Doo Gro products, her hair has grown quite nicely. I picked up a few of the oils, I like them, like the smells too but I'm upgrading to BT, which I'm expecting in the mail any day now. Ambi has a new line of facial products, that doesn't really seemed to be just geared to African-Americans. I've never used the soaps or anything in the traditional line, but I brought the moisturizing face lotion in the new line (creamish brown bottle) it professes to even skin tones, but I love it as a facial moisturizer all together after I wash.

I've used several Doo Gro products in the past and have been pleased with the results. Their Deep Con is great and i love their oils (the one w/o mineral oil).

I believe a braid spray I have is by African Pride and the ingredients are not bad.

I have the Luster's Pink Glosser and it works very well as a serum to add shine and eliminate frizz. It has many essential oils and no silicones (for those who want to go cone free). You'll see it in the grocery store and just about all drugstores where there is an ethnic aisle.

Back