MICRO CRISIS??

Janelle

Hey everybody.. I just recently got micros and I was wondering what I should do to maintain my hair underneath? I'm expecting my hair to have grown once I remove them and I also would like for it become healthier. So I was wondering if any of you are experienced and could offer advice on this micro situation. Thanx

Hi,
I took out my micros about 2 weeks ago and I had them in for about 2months-I would have left them in for another month but I just got tired:D
Anyhow when I took them out, my hair was in perfect shape-as in my hair did not break and it was very healthy- everyone around me commented on its health- you can check out my fotki pixs. This is what I did to take care of my hair underneath. I washed it every week with shampoo and conditioner without fail. I sprayed my scalp and braids with infusium and a very good braid spray like African Royale after I airdried the braids- I never used any heat. Then during the week I sprayed only the braids with infusium and the African Royale braid spray. This was to minimise build up on my scalp. Occasionally I used hair oil on my scalp when I felt the need. Like I said I did this religiously throughout the period I had the micros in. My hair definitely grew some:). You can get more info on braid care from this site www.growafrohairlong.com. It really is an inspiring site by Robin Woods.
I hope this helps!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! But what are so major retailers that sell infusium? And are there any more suggestions or tips for anyone else. I really appreciate this you guys.

yes i use the crown and glory technique too. i think the most important thing is to speak up if the person braiding your is doing it too tight, because that's how you end up with a hairline back behind your ears (scary)!! but anyways that's what i do too but i wash my hair everyday and i usually get larger braids, because i don't like to sit for the micros. but i wash it every morning, towel dry it, spray the roots and braids with a mixture of infusium 23 original, infusium 23 moisturizing formula, and aloe juice, spray the braids with the braid spray and then oil my scalp with doo gro oil, wild growth oil, and profectiv mega growth oil, lastly i put profectiv's temple balm around my edges. and i have to say it grows pretty fast. it's like a two edged sword though i want to keep them in longer but it grows so fast i have to take them out before i'm ready, but at least it's growing. i think i'll try the micros see if i get more wear out of them if they're smaller! I need to get a cam and take some pics

Last edited:
I wonder if you leave your micros in for 7 months will your hair lock? because i'm going to bootcamp pretty soon and i don't think im gonna get to get my hair rebraided every 2 months!! what do you guys think?

Please make sure you take extra care of them Micros made my hair fall out but my braider braided too tight. Moisturize your hairline and baby them.

WELOCOLM TO THE BOARD:trampolin

girlyprincess23 said:
I wonder if you leave your micros in for 7 months will your hair lock? because i'm going to bootcamp pretty soon and i don't think im gonna get to get my hair rebraided every 2 months!! what do you guys think?

Yes I think your hair will definately be in danger of locking. Especailly with micros. 7 months is waaaay too long unless your hair grows super-slow. Please be careful. 3 months is aout all you should try.

sjt86 - You can get infusium pretty much anywhere. Target/Wal Mart or BSS.
I also love African Royale braid spray. I use it even when I"m not in braids.

I also have to cosign Crown & glory. It has worked for me. Although my braids are always slightly larger than micro-sized.

Mook's hair said:
Yes I think your hair will definately be in danger of locking. Especailly with micros. 7 months is waaaay too long unless your hair grows super-slow. Please be careful. 3 months is aout all you should try.

I also have to cosign Crown & glory. It has worked for me. Although my braids are always slightly larger than micro-sized.

Ditto!!!!!

Mook's hair said:

I agree with Mook and I don't have anything positive to say about micros left in for 3 months either, maybe 1 month. My experience with micros was all about tiny itsy bitsy knots and tangles. I think bigger braids are better for long time frames. Have you considered cornrows, kinky twist, or pencil sized individuals? Personally, I find cornrow easier to maintain(wash n con) and take down(detangle).

Back