Miconazole Nitrate & Ayurvedics??

Jazzy413

So I'm looking to try miconazole nitrate as a growth aid with this stretch, but I also want to continue my Ayurvedic reggie. Is anyone using both -- if so, notice any particular issues, conflicts, or progress to speak of? I don't want to mix too many things and have a setback or do something crazy to my hair:nono:!! TIA!

I have the same question but for some reason was too hesitant to ask it. I am so ready to go to the dollar store and buy some monistat lol but I am using ayurvedic oils so much and Im scared to combine the two. I will wait until you get some responses.

I know there's someone out there thats doing this -- I wanna say I saw a post that mentioned it, but the thread wasn't just about these two as a mix...prolly about one or the other, but my search has been a lil funky and I know between the two topics I will be searching and reading posts all day:wallbash:

I know there's someone out there thats doing this -- I wanna say I saw a post that mentioned it, but the thread wasn't just about these two as a mix...prolly about one or the other, but my search has been a lil funky and I know between the two topics I will be searching and reading posts all day:wallbash:

I did that before I was in a protective style. I use the the pastes and oils and applied my MN. I still use my Oils and Shikakai bar and my MN spray mix no adverse effects whats so ever. I cannot wait to see the results when I take my twists out next month. Im so tempted to do the tea rinse but Im lazy. ( I have been boiling water in my mind for days.. maybe sometime this week)

I did that before I was in a protective style. I use the the pastes and oils and applied my MN. I still use my Oils and Shikakai bar and my MN spray mix no adverse effects whats so ever. I cannot wait to see the results when I take my twists out next month. Im so tempted to do the tea rinse but Im lazy. ( I have been boiling water in my mind for days.. maybe sometime this week)

oooooo Please post your results when you take them out. I would love to see the type of growth you got -- off to stalk your fotki! :spinning:

So I'm looking to try miconazole nitrate as a growth aid with this stretch, but I also want to continue my Ayurvedic reggie. Is anyone using both -- if so, notice any particular issues, conflicts, or progress to speak of? I don't want to mix too many things and have a setback or do something crazy to my hair:nono:!! TIA!

I was but it got to be too much for me.... Im trying to KISS

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Passionfruit, what was too much -- all the mixing of stuff? Did you notice any difference in growth rate or texture or anything?? LOL :spinning: I'm curious so I can determine if I want to even go to all the trouble.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Passionfruit, what was too much -- all the mixing of stuff? Did you notice any difference in growth rate or texture or anything?? LOL :spinning: I'm curious so I can determine if I want to even go to all the trouble.

trying to remember what I did... and when I did it

I was using 1 thing for my edges, another for my strands... and then my tea rinses... co-washing

I had more than 1 MN mix... trying to remember which one I liked more and for what reason...

I used MN for about 6 weeks.. I saw a slight difference but in hindsight it couldve been just straight growth....

then I was using Surge as a leave-in...

I just think, chemistry-wise, that we are self-defeating when we mix too many things or use too many products after another... we are effectively changing the chemical & molecular structure of some of the things that help use...

I think a simple MN mix ( with maybe one ingredient ) to controlled problem areas is OK.. but then to stick mainly with 1 moisture mix... 1 leave-in ....1 sealant....

hope that makes sense

not to mention when ya dealing with remembering which powders are conditioning & which are cleansing... and which ones ya may not wanna mix with MN or anything else

trying to remember what I did... and when I did it

I was using 1 thing for my edges, another for my strands... and then my tea rinses... co-washing

I had more than 1 MN mix... trying to remember which one I liked more and for what reason...

I used MN for about 6 weeks.. I saw a slight difference but in hindsight it couldve been just straight growth....

then I was using Surge as a leave-in...

I just think, chemistry-wise, that we are self-defeating when we mix too many things or use too many products after another... we are effectively changing the chemical & molecular structure of some of the things that help use...

I think a simple MN mix ( with maybe one ingredient ) to controlled problem areas is OK.. but then to stick mainly with 1 moisture mix... 1 leave-in ....1 sealant....

hope that makes sense

Ok so I see what you're saying.... I think I'm pretty simple when it comes to my regi for the most part -- I don't have 3 or 4 different things for moisture/leave ins/sealants. I have been pretty basic where that is concerned, though I have tweaked it when needed. Maybe I will start with an every other day approach or something. I typically do my Ayurvedic wash every 3-4 days so Im thinking in between those days is when I will try applying the MN mix -- and I will keep that pretty simple once I figure out what my mix will be.

Any other experiences? Luckiestdestiny keep us posted on how it goes!

As I sit here I just put some monistat 7 added with some Elasta QP. I hope I didnt make a mistake :sad:

Why do you say that? I think some ladies have used it str8 but some had experienced headaches so mixing it with other stuff kinda came into play from what I can recall. I am going to get some this week. I will do an Ayurvedic oil and powder rinse & condish Wednesday night, then start applying my MN mix until my next rinse/condish day which will be Saturday, then start it all over again:yep:. Maybe we can start a challenge:rolleyes: -- keep me posted girl!

Back