MHM Hangout

Have they changed the ingredients lately?

The ingredients on my bottle are totally different than what I'm reading online. I think they have changed the formula. This makes sense, because I'm positive I checked the ingredients of this before I started, just like everything else I'm using.

Oh no!!!!! I love this conditioner. I'm gonna have to check the ingredients on my bottle.

Not only do I love this this conditioner, but it's the only reasonably priced all purpose conditioner that I can find that has none of the "no-no" ingredients. If they take this one away, I guess I'll be blending my own conditioners? Idk?

I'm hoping Walgreens.com and drugstore.com made a mistake.

I'm on a 30 day no shea butter, no coconut oil, no castor oil challenge. I thought my hair was doing great with the addition of these items in my whipped SB mixture but now I'm not sure because my hair feels amazing without them. Dang!!

The ingredients on my bottle are totally different than what I'm reading online. I think they have changed the formula. This makes sense, because I'm positive I checked the ingredients of this before I started, just like everything else I'm using.

Not only do I love this this conditioner, but it's the only reasonably priced all purpose conditioner that I can find that has none of the "no-no" ingredients. If they take this one away, I guess I'll be blending my own conditioners? Idk?

I hope so too. I use this conditioner as my DC and my leavein. I guess I could go back to their other conditioner, the lemon grass one.

Yeah I am sure I checked the ingredients when it first came out and found that it matched the other Tresemme Conditioner that was approved. I purchased it myself and don't think I would have done so if it had the Polyquats and the pp# whatever in it.

Yesterday I washed my hair and returned to my old practise of making a thicker clay mix (consistency of milkshake rather than water). After conditioning (water, AO White Camellia, KC Knot Today and silk amino acids), I rinsed and applied the clay mix (c.bentonite, rhassoul, milk, water and a dash of ACV).

I left that in for about 30mins while I detangled. Then I rinsed, oiled (sunflower, grapeseed and jojoba), rinsed again and applied KCCC.

Pic: my hair this evening still has some wet patches at the roots. The length is dry and feels soft and strong.

Attachments

• 2016-01-06_18.58.27.jpg
    2016-01-06_18.58.27.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 66
I went to check my Tresemmé Undone. Both my bottles ingredients look fine. No panthenol or polyquats. I got the newer bottle a week ago at Target.
....maybe I need to stock up.

I'm here to post my testimony on MHM while protective styling.

I just took out my second set of crochet braids. I've been wearing them since October with only a week between installs. My hair seems to be thriving. It's not breaking and I'm retaining length, so my protein must be on point. My coils are popping so my moisture must be good. Now, yall prolly thinking, Oh, she must take good care of her cornrows underneath. No, I do not. :lol: I don't wash it, I don't m/s, I'm not going through with astringent, none of that. To me, that defeats the purpose of ps'ing. :look: If I wanted to do all that, I'd wear wigs all the time and just wash my hair like regular. :look:

All I do is leave it alone and MHM* every. single. day. during that week between installs. That's it. Oh, and I spray the synthetic hair with a blend of Downy and water to keep it supple and sweet-smelling. :kiss3: :lol:

Now, to be fair, my scalp is not a diva. I don't have to cater to it. It's happy whether I wash it everyday or once a month. If that ain't you... don't follow this (admittedly lazy) regimen.

*I follow it, but I'm not a fanatic about it. I use whichever products I choose. :look: The only things I strictly maintain are the order of operations and the clay rinse. So, today, fresh out of an install, I used shampoo (just one lather of Joico moisture recovery), conditioner (Wen, trynna get rid of it), then clay, KCKT and KCCC. I'll use shampoo one more day (cuz I'm doing a hard protein treatment tomorrow), but after that, no need. On days I have to go out, I'll use As I Am twisting whatever, cornrow, and throw on a wig. (My hair is a crazy shape right now and I wanna grow it out a little before getting it shaped, hence the ps'ing.)

I was gonna start MHM tonight, but I just finished combing/brushing (followed napural85 technique) out my hair and I am LOVING the results (pic in avatar). Now I want to either wear this fro out, prep it for a twistout or try my hands at flexirods again. I haven't washed my hair in a week. Decisions...Decisions:drunk:

Washing my hair today!!! Bout to mix my clay together. I wasnt going to DC overnight but last week I felt like I left the protein on my hair too long. Tomorrow I'll brush out my hair and then bun it.

Clay washed on Sunday and banana clipped half up. Yesterday I wet the loose part of my hair and smoothed through more gel. I think I will use some ACV and water rinse on Friday or Saturday. I can't stop touching my hair. Hope I'm not creating knots lol

Today I slathered some ghee on my ends (I wanted to do this last night but laziness got the better of me).

After baggying, I rinsed and then clay washed; (s.+c.bentonite, rhassoul, steeped marshmallow root and hibiscus, milk and water). I noticed a good few short hairs on my hands hmmm. Will keep an eye on this. Finished with the usual oils and gel.

Back to half up half down. The difference this week is that I've clipped up my bottom half so it's not resting on my scarf and coat as much as last week. Hoping this makes some difference in the amount of knots I find. I'll also try to baggy my ends this coming week.

Doing a long wash process tonight. I used the Olaplex for 15 minutes and a protein treatment with TVO for 45 minutes. I now have the Carmeltini in which I will let sit for 2 hours. Will do the mudwash, cowash and then apply the leave-in. I think I see more curl definition but I think at this rate it may be summer before I see enough to take a picture of. We shall see.

My hair is staying moisturized longer with less product but I still need to cowash every 3 to days. But for the most part it is working well. The TVO is gentle on my color so I may stick with it a while. Once I use up the 1st set of products I will re-evaluate.

Just checking in...still wearing twists for the most part. On Saturdays I dc under the steamer with either NG Herbal Blends, SM JBCO masque, or AO GPB then wash with slightly diluted Naturalicious mud wash. I wear a twist out on Sunday through Tuesday, twist back up on Tuesday night and ghe under a beanie till Saturday. I mostly do this part since the indoor heat wreaks havoc on my hair this time of yr.

I was looking back at some old pics the other day and I hadn't even given much thought till then about how different my hair is from the first few yrs of having natural hair until now. My hair has really been transformed by the mhm, or in my case the modified mhm. My hair is so curly now. I started doing twist outs recently to show more length but by day 2 my hair has curled back up and looks just like a wng. I found myself complaining recently because my hair won't hold the stretch that I want, but then I thought how this is the healthiest my hair has been since ditching the relaxers 5 yrs ago so I won't complain :)

I'm running low on clay. I think I'm gonna try ordering clay from mountainroseherbs.com. The clay that I have now I ordered from Amazon.

I got round to washing my hair today. My hair was feeling so good that I didn't even realise it had been a week since I wet my hair (counting the two nights I baggied).

I conditioned with a mix of protein and moisture- let that steam in in the shower. Then I rinsed and applied my clay mix (same as the last time but I think I added a little sodium bentonite). Left this on for as long as it took to dry on my face, and then rinsed.

I noticed there were more longer shed hairs, and fewer short broken hairs than my last wash. Good times.

I oiled with wheatgerm, grapeseed (length), and sunflower oil (ends), and them applied KCCC.

I've put two braids in the front and planned on clipping the back up in one of my new banana clips I bought on Tuesday, but I broke two of them just trying:mad:. They're made for thick hair lolo_O. The way they broke, I think it's a quality issue. Superdrug will be seeing me tomorrow.

Well I am coming up on my year anniversary with MHM. I can honestly say this method has transformed my relationship with my hair. Before this I never would have believed less is more for me and watered down has a much better result than concentrated and creamy. Since it has been a year I thought I would show my pics as I have gone through the process. The first one is after my first seven days, then in June and the last one was over the weekend.
feb 2015 curls.jpg June 2015 curls.jpg Feb 2016 curls.jpg

Washed my hair last night. I am wetting my hair every 3 or 4 days, sticking to my loose schedule. I've upped my conditioner use over winter. I don't use it every wash, but I did use it last night (1st step). I've also been keeping an eye on my ends, cutting away wispy ends. Overall, my hair feels good.

Well I am coming up on my year anniversary with MHM. I can honestly say this method has transformed my relationship with my hair. Before this I never would have believed less is more for me and watered down has a much better result than concentrated and creamy. Since it has been a year I thought I would show my pics as I have gone through the process. The first one is after my first seven days, then in June and the last one was over the weekend.
View attachment 350333 View attachment 350335 View attachment 350337

Congrats on making it a year with this thing:bouncegreen:. I've been doing it consistently for 17 months. I live MHM and I love how finding this method has completely enhanced my relationship with hair in general, not just mine.

View attachment 350333 View attachment 350335 View attachment 350337
I definitely see more clumping. Very nice.

I'm all over the place right now. I love the clay wash but I switched over to using semipermanent color so I have to leave the clay for color days. Otherwise the clay just pulls the color from my hair. So for now I will do a mudwash every two weeks before I color.

In between I'm all over the place. I'm using the tvo products, sometimes water rinsing and sometimes do cowashing to use up some things.

The good news is that my hair is finally manageable enough to be OK with the switch up. After I use up some things though I'm going to get consistent with some type of regimen. I'm still trying to figure it out .

Congrats @Ajna!! Your hair looks great!

I just got my photos from Komaza.... My hair is sad. 15 years with locs may have been too long to just take them out and everything be ok. I'm really looking forward to hearing what my consultant has to say in the conference. I feel like I've been holding my hair in limbo, waiting to hear back from them.

Back