"Men who don't wanna get caught DON'T"

Dee-Licious

****sorry about the cheating threads... but dag it's (unfortunately) a part of life****

The title was a quote said by man on the pilot show of Lifetime's new show State of Mind. One man's wife had just caught him sleeping with another woman.

He said a man gets caught either to punish his mate or because he's looking for a way out. This is said by a man... Do you ladies find any validity to this statement??

I guess I agree but that man is really a little boy. A real man would explain to his wife/SO that he no longer wants to be in a relationship. Only a little punk ****** plays game. JMO!

MsDee4 said:
****sorry about the cheating threads... but dag it's (unfortunately) a part of life****

The title was a quote said by man on the pilot show of Lifetime's new show State of Mind. One man's wife had just caught him sleeping with another woman.

He said a man gets caught either to punish his mate or because he's looking for a way out. This is said by a man... Do you ladies find any validity to this statement??

My grandmother used to say that and I partially agree.

I know of many people who don't get along anymore after one of them starts cheating. I think it is because subconsciously they are fighting their mates off hoping that they move on. Trying to push their mates away.

Granted it is a punk-ish way of going about it, but in some situation I can see why someone would find it hard to cut their partners loose. NOT condoning it, just saying.

If I was a spiteful bytch and I wanted to cheat for revenge, I would def. leave some clues if I wanted to hurt him.

I think it depends.
Some men def. want to be caught... urrr my ex while others want to cheat around without ever being caught.

In the case of my ex he just wanted me to fight for him and tried to manipulate me into becoming controlling and obsessive(uhhh he had problems kay??:look: ) .
Other men have a bad concience and are looking for a way to break it off so they aren't really hiding their cheating.

ella said:
1 In the case of my ex he just wanted me to fight for him and tried to manipulate me into becoming controlling and obsessive(uhhh he had problems kay??:look: ) .
2 Other men have a bad concience and are looking for a way to break it off so they aren't really hiding their cheating.

Your first scenario is a dumb ass reason :lachen:

and the second is the cowardly way out

MsDee4 said:
Your first scenario is a dumb ass reason :lachen:

and the second is the cowardly way out

I know I was like...:confused:
Are you kidding me?
The sad part he had enough chica's(how I had to find out) that played along with him.
I left that ship as fast as I could.:lol:

Actually this is not that uncommon in effed up relationships tough:perplexed

MsDee4 said:
He said a man gets caught either to punish his mate or because he's looking for a way out. This is said by a man... Do you ladies find any validity to this statement??[/B]

I think it's valid in some cases.

But then again, there are some men who are just sloppy and can't keep their lies together. They don't intend to get caught, but they can't help it cuz they sloppy. :lol: Then there are those men who don't take into account that they are in a relationship with a CIA agent. Can't get nothing past her (or her friends) no matter how good you try to scheme. :sekret:

Sistaslick said:

But then again, there are some men who are just sloppy and can't keep their lies together. They don't intend to get caught, but they can't help it cuz they sloppy. :lol: Then there are those men who don't take into account that they are in a relationship with a CIA agent. Can't get nothing past her (or her friends) no matter how good you try to scheme. :sekret:

:lachen: sooooo TRUE!!! my guy friend calls me and my girls the FBI/CIA of MSU becuase we find out pretty much EVERYTHING

not that we be snooping :sekret:

I almost agreed but then I started thinking to myself that some men are clinically insane even if they seem sane. Case in point, I know guys that have female friends that they just so happen to have sex with and they don't think of it as cheating?????????? Um I don't understand, some will even introduce this friend to their SO as a friend. Maybe they're bold and don't see anything wrong with it because there are soo many women and some can be convinced into mansharing. Please dont come to Philly.:lachen:

Sistaslick said:

Your reply is too funny and true.---As for the quote, it was good for a show line, but one size doesn't fit all; however, it might apply to a lot of cases.

Anyway, the pilot show was good. The other show before it with Jason P. was good also--both shows have good writing and interesting slants on the lives of the characters.

Last edited:
MsDee4 said:

I have always seen cheating as a way of punishing or getting revenge on the other person for some slight real or perceived. That's why I don't understand people who will stay with a cheater. Who the hell needs somebody in their personal life who feel it's their job to punish you?

If you refer to the Nip/Tuck humiliation thread, I kind of see women who take back cheaters, ESPECIALLY serial cheaters in the same light as the chick who put the bag over her head.

Sistaslick said:

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!! Q

MsDee4 said:

Yep. Its common on the infidelity boards. Women complaining about how "stupid" their married men were to have "slipped up" and let the wife find a phone bill, internet records, used condoms...etc.

Party line states that some men are just too punkish (big shock :ohwell: ) to own reality and tell the truth to their wives and familes. Instead, they go the "oops" route - let themselves be found out and then they have the pass that says that all of the resulting drama is the women's fault. Can't be a man and just say that this life, marriage etc isn't working... must be a widdle boy and let the women hash things out.

Weaker sex my ass.

I don't think this is true in most cases. I believe most men who are prone to cheating don't need a reason to cheat.

This thread seems to be a variation on the "Is it the woman's fault if a man cheats" thread.

caltron said:
I don't think this is true in most cases. I believe most men who are prone to cheating don't need a reason to cheat.

This thread seems to be a variation on the "Is it the woman's fault if a man cheats" thread.
How do you figure?:)

MsDee4 said:

I think that this could be true, but I do not think it’s definitely true. I definitely think some men want to get caught, b/c they are no longer satisfied with their current relationship. But some men are just sloppy or arrogant, and believe that they will not get caught, but they do. I think getting away with cheating will be more difficult nowadays due to all the modern technology (myspace, global positioning, private investigators). And, never underestimate women’s intuition. I think a lot (but not all) women have a radar to know if their man is cheating. There are certain behaviors a cheater displays.

All of those rich men who get caught cheating and have to turn around and pay 45,000 a month in upkeep got caught becasue they wanted to teach the spouse a lesson or leave the relationship? If only I could be so fortunate as to marry a rich man and have him turn around and punish me like that!

lisana said:
All of those rich men who get caught cheating and have to turn around and pay 45,000 a month in upkeep got caught becasue they wanted to teach the spouse a lesson or leave the relationship? If only I could be so fortunate as to marry a rich man and have him turn around and punish me like that!

^^^ preach!

Sistaslick said:

:lol: ok................... or they are cheating with a CIA agent they pissed and got him caught up :look:

lisana said:

There are no absolute truths in this world IMO.

Talking to an old guy friend last night, and he said it could be true unless the guy is just dumb and gets caught on TOTAL accident, but I'm thinking that "could" be sub-conscious....

lisana said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MsDee4 said:
:lachen: sooooo TRUE!!! my guy friend calls me and my girls the FBI/CIA of MSU becuase we find out pretty much EVERYTHING

not that we be snooping :sekret:

You know. I conducted a full scale investigation from NY to GA! Dirty DOG!

ella said:
How do you figure?:)

I just don't think men are that complicated. If they cheat, it's because they want to have sex at that moment. It usually has nothing to do with the woman. They are good at compartmentalizing. If they're unhappy in the relationship, they leave. The cheating men I've observed don't seem to feel trapped in the relationship, or have an axe to grind with someone.

I think this quote definitely describes why women cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote this was a woman, esp since this show was on Lifetime. I think women and men are totally different when it comes to this kind of thing.

Back