Megatek users, What kind of consistancy should MT be?

ebzonix

I just got mine shipped today from priority shipping and it doesnt have a stinch or anything, it's like this creamy consistency. The bottle says "Mega-Tek Equinne Rebuilder, Thicker Fuller Longer Manes & Tails" Now I ordered The Cell Rebuilder but I'm not sure if they are the same or different. Also, the instructions say to : "Apply to wet clean hair, leave on 5 minutes then rinse off. "

I have the internet receipt to send this back and get the one I asked for, but are they the same? If so, there's no need for that.

I just got mine shipped today from priority shipping and it doesnt have a stinch or anything, it's like this creamy consistency. The bottle says "Mega-Tek Equinne Rebuilder, Thicker Fuller Longer Manes & Tails" Now I ordered The Cell Rebuilder but I'm not sure if they are the same or different. Also, the instructions say to : "Apply to wet clean hair, leave on 5 minutes then rinse off. "

I have the internet receipt to send this back and get the one I asked for, but are they the same? If so, there's no need for that.

Your bottle is completely fine. I have both the Cell Rebuilder and Equine Rebuilder in the bottle and they have the same ingredients, smell and consistency. It should be creamy and smell like pina coloda. Some people go by the instructions and some people like me apply to the scalp 3 times a week.

Oh, thanks! I got alittle worried. Thanks alot for the reply. I think I'd have to go with the 3x per week. Is it possible to mix it with oils for applying on the scalp?

No problem...Yup in fact it may be easier to apply with oils. I used to put in an an applicator bottle with 1/2 oz aloe, 1 oz oils then the rest megatek when I was wearing braids. Now I just do it straight.

I wonder if it'll come out of a spray bottle, if not I'm going to have to purchase an applicator bottle today. Thanks so much for your help.

I wonder if it'll come out of a spray bottle, if not I'm going to have to purchase an applicator bottle today. Thanks so much for your help.
It won't come out of a spray bottle by itself. I just put a bit (about quarter size) on my hand and go through and smush it on my scalp. My hair LOVES this stuff and it makes my hair feel so soft.

I have used 5 days a week (decreased to 2-3 due to convenience) but experienced excessive shedding.

However, other members suggested oiling the scalp prior to application and that helped.

Yes, its supposed to be very thick. I mixed mine 50/50 with oils in a applicator squeeze bottle. This way I can apply it every other night and there won't be such heavy build up.

My mix is:
1 oz MT
20 drops Jojoba Oil
20 drops Emu Oil
10 drops Tea Tree Oil

I apply about 5 times per week.:yep:

Back