mega tek /ovation uses

how do you use mega tek/ovation

• leave in mega tek/ovation

Votes: 136 75.6%
  • wash out mega tek/ovation

Votes: 44 24.4%

• Total voters
wow - im in the minority - i only apply twice a week before i co-wash and i rinse it out b/c the shedding freaked me out. I got my MT in NOVEMBER and i JUST started to see a decrease in shedding (i've been taking garlic pills and only putting it on the scalp this whole time).

I apply MT on my hair directly and OCT to my scalp. As a result my hair has really thickened up (especially on my ends which was my problem area) and I'm seeing a great deal more length. However I only apply them 3 days out of the week (rotating between the two) and was them out at night.

I only apply to scalp twice a week and rinse out too, this is the preferred method in the mct/oct thread from what i understand.

I only apply to scalp twice a week and rinse out too, this is the preferred method in the mct/oct thread from what i understand.

and are you getting decent growth this way? i'm just wondering if i need to step it up - or just twice a week is good. TIA

if you apply MT or OCT to your scalp, do you gals find that you have more increased shedding? or no difference?

i apply MT to the entire length of my hair and leave it on for 20 minutes, rinse, and then apply my DC and leave that on for 45 min to an hour. I want to apply it to my scalp but i'm not sure how i feel about that. i did apply it to my scalp and roots as a pre poo treatment... but then the hair at the root curled up... maybe i put on too much?

OP what are your results and when did you start using MT/OCT?

Simplifed:

As long as you get MT on your hair and/or scalp more than 3x a week you have a good chance of seeing increased growth and thickness.

Last edited:
if you apply MT or OCT to your scalp, do you gals find that you have more increased shedding? or no difference?

i apply MT to the entire length of my hair and leave it on for 20 minutes, rinse, and then apply my DC and leave that on for 45 min to an hour. I want to apply it to my scalp but i'm not sure how i feel about that. i did apply it to my scalp and roots as a pre poo treatment... but then the hair at the root curled up... maybe i put on too much?

How often do you do the bolden?

and are you getting decent growth this way? i'm just wondering if i need to step it up - or just twice a week is good. TIA

Crazy don't know I am a new user so starting slow, I thought this was the way I was supposed to do it. I do know that I was shedding before and now i have hardly no shedding. I have applied it to the length of my hair once. Was thinking of doing that about once a month.

Even though I don't use OCT now, I've considered using it at some point in the future. Thanks to the OP for asking her question and to everyone who provided their :twocents:. :yep:

I use
the topical form
of MT on my edges..
my edges are thick now
since I am wearing braids..
*I add rosemary, cedarwood
and vitamin e oil*

I apply a very, very small amount nightly directly to scalp and rub in well. I limit any other use of protein based products.

However, I increase my moisture significantly because it can make the hair/scalp feel dry. I use some sort of daily moisturizer and when I DC I make sure it is a Moisturizing DC Treatment.

I had a bald spot the size of a .50 cent piece when I first started using it, Mid February '09. Now, May 1st you would never know it was ever there.:yep:

Ladies,

So even if you're just using MT or OCT on your scalp, you do NOT use any other kind of protein? I was asking because I recently starting using OCT on the scalp (3-4 times a week), and at first I stopped using my Aphoghee 2 min, but I started back up. Everything seemed okay, but I washed my hair last night (and used the 2 min), and my hair felt kind of hard, and I swear it was breaking. I'm seven weeks post, but my hair is generally much softer after a DC. :ohwell:

Ladies,

So even if you're just using MT or OCT on your scalp, you do NOT use any other kind of protein? I was asking because I recently starting using OCT on the scalp (3-4 times a week), and at first I stopped using my Aphoghee 2 min, but I started back up. Everything seemed okay, but I washed my hair last night (and used the 2 min), and my hair felt kind of hard, and I swear it was breaking. I'm seven weeks post, but my hair is generally much softer after a DC. :ohwell:

That may be too much protein. I don't use any other protein than Ovation Cell Therapy.

I don't apply my Cell Therapy as a daily application, but as a weekly treatment using their shampoo and creme rinse. My hair is soft, smooth, shiney and strong. I've never ever had shedding or breakage issues with Ovation. Just healthier, smoother, fuller hair and for me that's key since my hair was a complete mess before.

I've been using Ovation faithfully for over a year.

One last question on the topic. Can you use these type of growth aides with Ayurveda powers (Brahmi, Amla, Shikaki,etc) that are mixed with oils (Amla, Coconut)? :grin:

I use them on my scalp, as a 5 minute treatment, and as an overnight prepoo depending on what I have time for.

One last question on the topic. Can you use these type of growth aides with Ayurveda powers (Brahmi, Amla, Shikaki,etc) that are mixed with oils (Amla, Coconut)? :grin:

I wouldn't recommend it. Ayurveda powders made my hair hard as if it was a protein treatment, but it was stronger as if it was a protein treatment... I've never done the two together for that reason. Just one or the other.

I'm sure others can chime in.

HTH though :)

I want to just propose that you discontinue the Aphogee all together. I know the OCT can be used from scalp to ends. I personally used it as a DC. I had heard that MT gives you the thickness and OCT gives you the length!!! I hope this helps!!! Also consistency is a big PLUS as well as PATIENCE.IDK how long you have been using it for but just be patient and consistent, listen and read your hair and you should be just fine!!! HHG

I use the oils and I only use it as a once a week treatment!! I do not leave ANY Ayurveda products oils or powders in my hair over night, I do not use it on the day that I have MT/OCT in my hair, so i co-wash my hair the night before with a garlic conditioner (garlic helps stop shedding), then I put a weightless no paraben, no silicone leave in conditioner like Giovanni, seal with coconut oil or jojoba, put in a bun tie down and that's that. Next day I put my Alma oil, massage in making sure to apply from scalp to ends, put on a shower cap and let sit for an HOUR only as directed on the bottle. when I wash out with my alter ego conditioner my hair is strong shiny and smelling great:grin::grin:. I apply my Giovanni leave in cond, seal with coconut oil, let air dry and bun it!! I hope this helps!! HHG

Protein overload.

I've had two mini setbacks because of protein overload.

Ann

sorry ladies im not sure if this has been posted before but please bare with my ignorance on the subject.

ok here goes.
i have been using both mega and ovation on my scalp and hair mixed with castor oil, peppermint and rosemary oil. i apply it to my scalp and my hair. one thing i have noticed is that my hair is is a lot stronger and it the breakage is virtually non existent. as far as my hair getting longer im not sure if it is. im thinking maybe im doing something wrong.
this is my regimen:pree poo with 10 en 1 overnight, wash my hair twice,use aphogee 2 min. reconstructor for 5 minutes, dc with alter ego and some dominican conditioner that smells like big red. i sit under a heated cap for an hour then rinse my hair.
after that i apply the mixture to my scalp and i smooth it out in my hair. when i finished i have 6 big braids. that's basically it. so im wondering is it best to rinse out the mega tek or leave it in.
ooh i forgot to mention that i wash my hair twice a week. i also apply the concoction on Saturdays,Mondays,and Wednesdays

thank you in advance for your participation in this

I co my hair with Mega-Tek everyday. I couldn't leave this in my hair for long because I got bad headaches. :( I also mixed my Megatek with castor oil.

Back