how do you use mega tek/ovation

• leave in mega tek/ovation

Votes: 136 75.6%
  • wash out mega tek/ovation

Votes: 44 24.4%

• Total voters

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
sorry ladies im not sure if this has been posted before but please bare with my ignorance on the subject.

ok here goes.
i have been using both mega and ovation on my scalp and hair mixed with castor oil, peppermint and rosemary oil. i apply it to my scalp and my hair. one thing i have noticed is that my hair is is a lot stronger and it the breakage is virtually non existent. as far as my hair getting longer im not sure if it is. im thinking maybe im doing something wrong.
this is my regimen:pree poo with 10 en 1 overnight, wash my hair twice,use aphogee 2 min. reconstructor for 5 minutes, dc with alter ego and some dominican conditioner that smells like big red. i sit under a heated cap for an hour then rinse my hair.
after that i apply the mixture to my scalp and i smooth it out in my hair. when i finished i have 6 big braids. that's basically it. so im wondering is it best to rinse out the mega tek or leave it in.
ooh i forgot to mention that i wash my hair twice a week. i also apply the concoction on Saturdays,Mondays,and Wednesdays

thank you in advance for your participation in this

Last edited:
In the original MT/OCT thread it was suggested that you not use any other protein treatments while using the products. I am not sure what is in the Dominican products, but using MT and Aphogee may be too much protein. Additionally they are using it as a leave-in on the scalp only not on the entire length of the hair.

I agree. You may want to stop using the Aphogee if your using MT/OCT. You're asking for trouble. This can cause protein overload.

definitely leave it in and you may want to bump up application to every other night as opposed to 3x a week... i was applying mine every night, but because i'm so heavy handed with it i thought i'd better slow it down a bit, i was using way too much... but the growth is awesome!!!!!

I apply it to my scalp every other day and leave it in. But if you're applying it to the length of your hair you should rinse it out or you could get protein overload.

I bought this stuff in June I believe and have used it for maybe 3 weeks total. But when I was using it I left it on my scalp, didn't wash it off and I used daily.

I'll be in braids on Friday so that'll make it easier for me, really lazy when it comes to this, to apply and K.I.M.

I apply mine as a leave in mixed with my Amla/Brahmi oil. But last night I used it as a Deep Conditioner. My scalp and hair is soooo thankful. My hair feels super good. But, I won't be making a habit out of it. I am not trying to have all my MegaTek gone... :) I was using Aphogge also, But I stopped when I started MT. There is ALOT of protein in the Reconstructor.

Hope This Helps (Even though I didn't give advice :))

i thought putting in on your hair makes your hair stronger.:perplexed

It does make your hair stronger if you don't over do it.

Discontinue use of any other protein (Aphogee) because you will get protein overload which will cause breakage.

I would recommend starting off slow OCT/MegaTek 3 to 4 times a week applying only to your scalp (leave in) and then build up to more times if you like.

If you want to put it on your hair as a treatment once a month after washing you can, but be sure to rinse it out and only let it stay on your hair for a few minutes while in the shower. You will then have to follow up with a deep moisturizing conditioner.

I think I can safely say though most are using OCT/MegaTek only on the scalp, especially naturals.

HTH

Last edited:
I've been using it for about a month so far and I try to use it every other day. I put it on my scalp, rub it in a little, and style my hair in either a bun or twists/twistout. I stopped using my other protien treatment and only DC once a week with the ORS pack. And I have definitely noticed a lot less breakage. I said I was only going to use one bottle and see what happens, but now I'm thinking I might try another one...

thanks again ladies
so let me see if i got this right. use it on my scalp only but if i want to use it on my hair do it once a month because i dont want to over do it with the protein. correct ? please tell me if I got this right ?:drunk::drunk:

thanks again ladies
so let me see if i got this right. use it on my scalp only but if i want to use it on my hair do it once a month because i dont want to over do it with the protein. correct ? please tell me if I got this right ?:drunk::drunk:

Yup. You got it right.:clapping:

I cowash with mines everyday on the length of my hair, because i can't commit to scalp applications everyday plus it's a condtioner. My hair feels great. It's soft and strong. Now I am waiting for the thickness and length.

i thought putting in on your hair makes your hair stronger.:perplexed

It does make your hair stronger, but you have to use it like a treatment; rinse it out after applying to the hair for a few hours or overnight or you could risk protein build up.

For those of you using MT/OCT expect to wash or co-wash more frequently. I just got use to washing 3 days a week, at the point now where I look forward to it.

I apply usually every night at a minimum of 5 days a week. I only wash one a week. I do an herbal steam treament in between washes for less product buildup.

Just got my bottle of MT. Will be joining this challenge. Here's my mixture:
Mega-Tek
Jojoba oil
Emu Oil
Few drop of TeaTree Oil

Apply to scalp only at least 4times per week.

Will post starting pics when I take out my braids for wash, DC, & maintenance.:yep:

I have a question,

So, I ordered my mega tek ....blah blah blah it should be here soon.

Is there such thing as over using it? And if I use it [i plan on mixing it with castor oil] do I have to stop every other product in my regimen?

I have a question,

So, I ordered my mega tek ....blah blah blah it should be here soon.

Is there such thing as over using it? And if I use it [i plan on mixing it with castor oil] do I have to stop every other product in my regimen?

You only stop using products with protein in them 'cuz the mega-tek has mega-protein in it. Too much protein causes breakage.

I have a mix that I apply every day to my scalp only.
I now use the Megatek once a week as a conditioner and I think it has made a noticeable difference in my hair. It looks smoother, sleeker, shinier, and better in every way. :yep:
I used it as a leave in on my length only once and I will not do that again. Sometimes when I do overnight prepoos, I will use this.

I generally apply megatek mixed with emu oil (a known growth oil) to the scalp every other day. I've gotten lots of growth this way. :yep: Haven't tried it on the length of my hair yet.

I have a question,
Yes you can over use it. If your hair is hard, tangly and falling out you've overused it. Only stop other products that contain protien.

I use Megatek on my scalp daily (straight from the bottle, nothing added). I only apply to the length of my hair if I need a protien treatment (which isn't very often). This has replaced all other protein treatments for me.

Back