Mega-Tek on DRY or WET hair?

krikit96

Okay, I've gone thru the stickies and countless posts...I just need to know, so I can start my hair and get to bed. Do I wash my hair and THEN Mega-Tek??? Maybe DC with it under my dryer? Or do I just put it on dry hair and walk around with it on for a few days at a time?

This is my only question, because I've read so many millions of other directions about how to mix and what to use and how to condish your hair first or how to put it on your scalp and rock it that way for about 2-3 days and THEN wash...

I don't want to start shedding and losing hair, somebody please tell me???

OH: How many MG's of garlic should i be taking daily to combat the shedding?

When I use to use MT I use it on my scalp dry and applied it throughout the week mixed w/ a little oil and I took 2000mg of garlic.

Eta: made mistake I only used on scalp...tried a few times on dry hair as a protein treatment but didn't like it.

Last edited:
From what I've read if you use MT on the length of your hair you need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner because it is a pretty strong protein. Most people aren't using it on the length but on the scalp for growth.

If you're going to use it on your scalp you just have to figure out what works best for you to maximize the benefits. From reading the threads it seems common to use it on the scalp (some mix it with other things), after you washing (cowash or shampoo), either daily or every other day.

I've read about the shedding but I don't know about the garlic. I know there's a thread about it somewhere though.

Juspri: when you used it, did you see much growth? Did you shed alot? How long did you use it?

msa: do you thing using cream of nature would be a good moisturizing condish to use w/MT?

Hi KriKit! I am a faithful user of MT. Been Using it Since early Feb '09. I had a "Bald Spot the size of a .50 cent piece and by the end of April, You wouldn't have ever known it was ever there.:yep: I've had No Shedding etc... But I know My Hair was in Dire Need of Protein.

I apply very lightly every night to Scalp Only. Never on Length of Hair. But I only Wash and DC Once a Week. And I have been using a moisturizing Cond to Co-Wash with followed up with a Good Moisturizing DC.

I do make sure I counteract the effects of that Strong Protein (MT) with Moisture, Moisture, Moisture. Because Mega-Tek tends to dry your hair out. So You gotta Mad Moisturize. And I have a tendency to have dry hair/scalp anyway.

I also Clarify at least 1-2 times a month (or when needed) to remove Build Up of the Mega-Tek.

HTH

Juspri: when you used it, did you see much growth? Did you shed alot? How long did you use it?

msa: do you thing using cream of nature would be a good moisturizing condish to use w/MT?

I don't know anything about CON conditioner and I haven't really seen it mentioned in the MT threads.

I know people said they were doing heavy duty moisture DC's if they used the MT on the length of their hair.

Hi KriKit! I am a faithful user of MT. Been Using it Since early Feb '09. I had a "Bald Spot the size of a .50 cent piece and by the end of April, You wouldn't have ever known it was ever there.:yep: I've had No Shedding etc... But I know My Hair was in Dire Need of Protein.

I apply very lightly every night to Scalp Only. Never on Length of Hair. But I only Wash and DC Once a Week. And I have been using a moisturizing Cond to Co-Wash with followed up with a Good Moisturizing DC.

I do make sure I counteract the effects of that Strong Protein (MT) with Moisture, Moisture, Moisture. Because Mega-Tek tends to dry your hair out. So You gotta Mad Moisturize. And I have a tendency to have dry hair/scalp anyway.

I also Clarify at least 1-2 times a month (or when needed) to remove Build Up of the Mega-Tek.

HTH

WoW! Great testimonial! What kind of moisturizer are you using? I'm trying to figure out what is the BEST moisturizer I can use during the Mega-Tek thing I'm about to try. I take it you are using it only on dry hair...have you ever tried it on wet hair?

WoW! Great testimonial! What kind of moisturizer are you using? I'm trying to figure out what is the BEST moisturizer I can use during the Mega-Tek thing I'm about to try. I take it you are using it only on dry hair...have you ever tried it on wet hair?

Always apply to Scalp Only. I've Never used it on Wet Hair. Alot of people that used it on length of hair complained about a ridiculous amount of shedding, breaking etc...that's why they used Garlic Pills, Garlic Shampoo etc...to help combat that. (I never experienced that) But I did purchase Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Conditioner and I just Absolutely LOVE IT !

I use either AO HSR or AO White Cameila. I also Use Alot of Moisturizing Hair Masks and I always Deep Condition with Steam or Heat. I make sure My Leave-In is also creamy and Moisture Based. I use AE, Salerm, Dr. Bronners, AO (has a nice creamy moisturizing leave-in) and others.

I also make sure my Daily Leave-In Treatment is nice and creamy. I use either Phyto 7, 9, HS 14 n 1 and I just bought Mane 'N Tail has a Creme Therapy Leave In Treatment. Keep looking for Elasta QP Mango but cannot find it. (Use to use it back in the day). I think any good Hair Milk would also work to help you retain Moisture.

But I can see why Chemo Patients also use MT it does Work and it works quickly, if you can Tolerate that Much Protein in/on Your Hair.

Initally, my Hair was weak, porous and just overall Jacked Up, and in Desperate Need of Protein, but it is turning around.:yep:

btw: I do not apply a week before relaxing or a week after.

Back