Meeting The Family

*SkolarStar*

I've already met his mom and brothers. Each was a different occasion. Tonight I meet everyone including his daughter.

I'm bringing a dessert. What should I bring?

This is a food and family test. I'm so nervous.

Just be you. Don't think of it as a test. Assume that you have nothing to prove. Make something you are good at making that you already know everyone loves. Don't try a new recipe. Or just pick something up from a nice bakery. Be you, be friendly, sweet, and open. Whatever you do, do not going in thinking you are being tested. If anything I'd watch to see how comfortable he makes you feel and how protective he is. Also, focus more on looking cute and being relaxed than on bringing the perfect dessert.

Yes, if anything you need to see how you merge with the family and how they treat you in addition to how he makes you feel around his family. Don't sweat the "test" because don't fall for being tested. Just be you. If you would normally make a dessert make it (your favorite, something he would like, etc), but otherwise if you're not a baker, stop at a bakery and pick something up. I think people like "genuine" people. Don't over do anything just be yourself and relax.

UPDATE!

I forgot that i made this thread.

It went great. I relaxed and just enjoyed myself. His family treated me with kindness. His mom was glad to see me again. His daughter was skeptical at 1st and warmed up.

As for the food, I went to black owned bakery (apparently it's one of the best and I didn't even know it) and got cupcakes. They were delicious.

Back