measuring your hair length

LovelyStyle

Hey Ladies,

How exactly do I measure the length of my hair? I mean, from where do I start? Am I measuring from my forehead to the end, or from the crown area?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

A lot of people do it differently. Some use shirts, that seems to be a good way. I like to measure from the front of my forehead all the way back to the ends w/ my hair combed back. Basically from root to tip. This has given me the best results.

Another good idea is wearing the same shirt each time you measure, that way you can actually see how much further your hair has come along. I do this in my album, b/c sometimes that's easier to see than the numbers. HTH

I "measure" mine in the shower when it is soaking wet. I grip it in a ponytail and then grip right underneath my first hand. I then remove the first hand grip and place it under the second one. I know it sounds confusing, you just have to see it.

I measure my hair dry and stretched from scalp to the ends. The reason is because I'm transitioning and my hair grows out instead of down, so measuring from my forehead to my neck or back doesn't work for me.

breezy said:
A lot of people do it differently. Some use shirts, that seems to be a good way. I like to measure from the front of my forehead all the way back to the ends w/ my hair combed back. Basically from root to tip. This has given me the best results.

Another good idea is wearing the same shirt each time you measure, that way you can actually see how much further your hair has come along. I do this in my album, b/c sometimes that's easier to see than the numbers. HTH

I do that as well...i heard it said that your fore head never moves and as such, if you always use the same starting point, you'll get accurate measurements

Back