MEASURING NEW GROWTH

hunnybunny81

How do you all measure your new growth...do you do measure it stretched or unstretched??
drunk.gif

I don't really measure my new growth except for maybe after a touch-up I'll figure the difference in my pre touch-up length compared with my post touch up length is how much new growth I gained.

I measure mine after my touchup, not before because it's hard to determine because of the thickness.

I think this is a very good question. Now that I'm tracking my hair's progress I wondered the best way to measure my new growth. There isn't a significant difference between my new growth and my permed hair so I guess I have to measure it against my shoulder/back.
confused.gif

I do like most of the ladies have said. I wait to I get a touch up then I can tell. I don't know about yall but I really don't see a huge difference between my new growth and the relaxed hair. I thought I was a 4a/b but I am beginning to think I have 3c/4a type hair. I dunno I am so confused
confused.gif

cool.gif

With PP Biotin, I can clearly tell where the new growth is because it isn't quite as curly as my "normally grown" hair.

Also, on the edit-yourself-screen, what does "hairline to ends" and "scalp to ends" mean? Am I stretching the hair with one and not the other? Is my hair relaxed with one and not the other? I don't understand that.
blush.gif

honeyvibe, my interpretation is this:

hairline to ends means to comb your hair going back and measure the length from the hairline to the longest point in the back.

scalp to ends means measuring the length of strands from the scalp to the end of the strand. this can be different lengths depending on where you're measuring.

the second method is definitely more accurate IF you measure at the exact same spots each time. the other method is simpler and easer to track, but not as accurate IMO. just say your hair is 20" from hairline to ends in january. if you measure again in march, and it's 22", that means you got 2" of growth (generally speaking) in that amount of time.

i hope this helped... heck, i hope i'm right!
laugh.gif

adrienne

I am very reluctant about measuring my hair. IF I trust
anything, besides pictures and "eyeballing" hair growth, I MAY trust this method that I got from a link someone here was kind enough to give me:

Part hair down middle
Take tape measure
from middle of forehead in front, measure hair to back

You may have to use a mirror to see where your hair falls on the measuring tape

Using this method of measuring hair it would appear that my hair has grown 3/4 to 1 inch in one month but I am so uncertain about this hair measuring thing i won't rely on it. Best thing is to take pictures and "eyeball" my growth... If I find that link i'll post it here or send it to you...

Back