Me and BKT...pics inside

PGirl

Here are some pictures of my 3rd BKT that I did today. I'm tired ya'll it took me 4 hours....

4a/Relaxed....

BKT.jpg

BKT2.jpg

BKT3.jpg

Here's what I did...

1. Clarified with Redken Cleansing Cream -- I really like this because it cleaned without stripping. Nice.

2. Blow dried on low heat just to get it dry 90%. -- I used a paddle brush to smooth it just a little, but mostly I used tension with my hands.

3. Separated into 4 sections and applied QOD Max Keratin. I used less than 3 ounces and it turned out better than before when I used more. Less IS more ya'll! I applied with a tint brush on the root. I tried to stay away from the scalp. I used a small tooth comb to comb excess from root to tip. I used my gloved hands to help spread product to ends as well.

4. Blow dried on medium heat with a paddle brush until 100% dry. This was hard for me b/c I'm not good with the dryer and the brush together, so sometimes I put the brush down.

5. Used my Rsession Root control iron to get my edges and my kitchen smooth. LOL. I used it on my roots in other tough areas too. I'm 11 weeks post right now.

6. Flat ironed on 400 degrees (Instructions say to go up to 450 but whatever) in small sections. I went over each 1/4 in section about 5 times each. My babyliss flat iron is very slim, so I could get my roots pretty good. I had some fumes and watery eyes, but it really wasn't bad. I have a fume extractor and I'm really not sure if it helped or not. Maybe a little. I also had a fan blowing pretty hard.

You can't see the swang or all of the shine in the pics. My hair is so straight. Much straighter than when I get it relaxed. It's heavier, but it moves beautifully. I will probably wash my hair in 5 days or so. No hurry because it looks great! It's perfect just like this.

I love BKT....And BKT loves ME!!!! :yep:

Last edited:
You did a great job:yep::yep::yep: Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'm getting closer and closer to doing this to help stretch out my relaxers.

It looks great!!!!! Are you planning on transitioning or are you using BKT to help stretch your relaxers?

It looks great!!!!! Are you planning on transitioning or are you using BKT to help stretch your relaxers?

I'm going to keep relaxing with a mild relaxer and stretch as long as I can. I'm shooting for 6 months right now (cross fingers). With BKT, it's definitely easier to stretch. Maybe a transition could happen in the future but BKT works better with at least a mild relaxer anyway.

Very very pretty!! Can you tell me more about the Rsession Root control iron? How does it work and where can I get one, if you recommend it?

I love BKT....And BKT loves ME!!!! :yep:

Oh, it DOES love you! And it LOVES :love: your hair! Gorgeous, PGirl. Hey, PGirl, how long have you been BKTing?

Very very pretty!! Can you tell me more about the Rsession Root control iron? How does it work and where can I get one, if you recommend it?

The first time I heard of it was in a youtube vid by Brittany. Here's a link if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bak-igzBSr4

You can fast forward to the 2:45 mark if you want to get right to the R session tool and how it looks when being used. Babyliss has a knock off version but my Babyliss root straightener is not all that great. Oh well... I hardly ever straighten anyway. :lol:

If you decide to purchase you can google it. I have yet to see it for less than $175 so I'll keep looking for now. See more info here and a pic: http://www.rsessiontools.com/rootcontrol.php

Beautiful job! I love your hair-- I wish mine was as even, but I'll get there! I just did my first BKT with Softliss Strawberry & I love it BUT my layers make my hair ugly because my hair is short at the nape area and long at the crown. On the bright side, the nape hair is recovering and growing very well ( I've had so many problems with it for the last FOUR years). I am hoping that with this BKT my layers will retain all its growth and my hair will finally be beautiful again! Thanks for the inspiration! I too am relaxed and texlaxed.

Thanks. I like the Root Control. My edges are really stubborn and I have trouble getting them flat so it does help. It's a very well made piece of equipment for sure so of course the price is steep. Get ready to shell out about 150 to 175.
rootcontrol.jpg

I got mine from the website http://www.rsessiontools.com/rootcontrol.php
but you may find it cheaper somewhere. There is a babyliss copy but I don't know if it's the same or not. http://www.folica.com/Babyliss_Pro_Go_d5019.html

Sheba posted Brittany's vid. Watch it because she sold me on buying it. It does work and it gets pretty hot. I only use it on front edges and kitchen and those areas around the ears that I can't flat iron without burning ny ears. I am thinking about getting a little tiny flat iron too for hard to reach areas. It is worth it to have the right tools if you are gonna DIY. You will still spend less than going to a salon.

I love me some BKT ya'll....

Wow! Your results are stunning! Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy, it is really growing girlie.:yep: You have a very pretty hair color too. :yep:

Beautiful job! I love your hair-- I wish mine was as even, but I'll get there! I just did my first BKT with Softliss Strawberry & I love it BUT my layers make my hair ugly because my hair is short at the nape area and long at the crown. On the bright side, the nape hair is recovering and growing very well ( I've had so many problems with it for the last FOUR years). I am hoping that with this BKT my layers will retain all its growth and my hair will finally be beautiful again! Thanks for the inspiration! I too am relaxed and texlaxed.

Awww...thank you. I'm glad I could inspire you. I am also recovering from a setback I had. My hormones got messed up 1.5 years ago, and I had a bald spot right in front. My hair thinned out really bad. Luckily, I got back on track. What you can't tell is I have a long layer in back that I'm still trying to grow out, but this time next year I'm hoping to be 1 length in back. BKT is the answer to my hair prayers. I love it. But my arms hurt... LOL

I wish you the best of luck! You can do it!

Back