MBL 2013 Challenge!

Tonight I'll be doing a cowash, PT, DC, and put my hair in braids to dry overnight. Tomorrow I will begin installing my micro twists.

Ugh! I cannot stand when someone damages my hair! I had to stop going to the hairdresser or I knew I would end up on the cover of a paper... #notgood :ohwell:

Yikes I was taking my weave out tonight and I started detangling and boy did I lose a lot of hair like I truly believe my hair is 10 tens thinner than before the weave. I'm kinda upset but its my fault for truly trusting this lady to do my hair. So now I'm back to baby mode with my hair I used conditioner water olive oil and peppermint oil with aloe gel to get my hair in a bun I will probably bun for the next 2 weeks to get some life in my hair.

Checking in:

Completed mini braid install, cowashed, and sealed ends with vaseline. I applied my MN mix on my scalp, as well. I think I will be BSB (back) and struggling for APL (front) by December. All in all, I'm happy with the progress my hair has made …

I hope you all are doing well …

My hair dresser called me all worried the other day because I have not came to get my touch up relaxer. She wanted to make sure my hair was not breaking off or anything like that. I guess she thought I was going to come at 8 weeks and it has been about 11 weeks now since my last relaxer. I plan on relaxing next week hopefully or the week after. My hair did not seem to be doing to bad but at this point I have a lot of new growth now of course. I clarified my hair the other day and conditioned also. And then blow dried my hair. I have been using softee herbal oil and I really like it on my scalp and I also tried the garnier fructis leave in a couple weeks ago and I also like that as well.

M&Sed last nite with HE touchably smooth leave in and sealed with EVCO. I then put in Bantu Knots for a knot out today. My hair is doing great so far. I'm really hoping to conquer all my goals. If only I could bun. I know it has to be easy but I just haven't mastered it yet. Guess I have plenty of time for learning. If not then wigs it is!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'll join!

Current length: Grazing BSL
Natural 3c/4a
Regimen: Cleanse and DC weekly then braid for braid out. Limited heat usage.
(Please excuse my cluttered bathroom)

Attachments

• 20121030_204539.jpg
    20121030_204539.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 110
Current Length:
BSL/BSB

Current State of Hair:
Natural 3c/4a

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):
Wash/cowash, DC (2x weekly?), Rollerset, Oil, Greenhouse/Wigs

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL:
Let's shoot for my birthday 6/2013; also, 7/2013 will mark my three year natural anniversary. Will check in either of those two dates if possible.

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share:
At the end of year, will come back to add photo.

I clarified my hair Friday, and I am still struggling to get the moisture back in. That's even after I DC'd friday and co-washed and DC'd yesterday. and It's just a tangled, rough mess right now. I'm really not trying to let this be a set back, so I'm just going to keep my hair in this bun until Wednesday when I'll co-wash and DC again. No manipulating it when it's in this state. I'm do have sooo much new growth right now though, so hopefully I can retain a lot of it. My next relaxer is going to be in about 2-3 weeks. I'll be either 10 or 11 weeks post.

mamaline
when you clarify, do you follow up with a hydrating shampoo, or just go straight to deep conditioning? i always clarify, hydrating poo, run a light conditioner in, rinse, deep condition. plus it depends on the clarifying shampoo you are using. i use Mizani Butter Blends Chelating shampoo or Keracare 1st lather. they don't strip my hair.

M&Sed last nite with HE touchably smooth leave in and sealed with EVCO. I then put in Bantu Knots for a knot out today. My hair is doing great so far. I'm really hoping to conquer all my goals. If only I could bun. I know it has to be easy but I just haven't mastered it yet. Guess I have plenty of time for learning. If not then wigs it is!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

SincerelyBeautiful
just grab your hair in a pony. twist the pony counter clockwise, or opposite (i'm a lefty) and allow the twisted pony to coil around. tuck the ends in, and use a hair pin, spin pin, hair stick, to hold it in place. i use the spin pins. you can use a satin scrunchie too.

and if you need help keeping the pony in place, use a rubber (gel like) elastic to hold the pony in place. use the same steps.

that is a pretty basic bun. once you get going, you can get really creative. some people are able to make a sock bun. i rarely use that method. it dries my hair out something terrible.

mamaline
when you clarify, do you follow up with a hydrating shampoo, or just go straight to deep conditioning? i always clarify, hydrating poo, run a light conditioner in, rinse, deep condition. plus it depends on the clarifying shampoo you are using. i use Mizani Butter Blends Chelating shampoo or Keracare 1st lather. they don't strip my hair.

I didn't use a hydrating poo after that. Maybe that was the problem. I used VO5 clarifying shampoo. I'll have to try that Mizani shampoo. I've been wanting to try some Mizani products.

I'm joining! I'm just above BSB after getting a good trim (cut out most of my color).

Be back to post a pic, regimen, etc.

I'm gonna be in 3 challenges and I'll get to whichever one I can lol (BSL, MBL and WL 2013)

Current Length-> a little below APL

Current State of Hair -> Natural!

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)->
don't laugh, cuz I know it's bad, but it's been working! I only wash my hair once a month normally, but for this challenge, I will try to at least rinse weekly/every other week..I am currently using Lenzi's Request with pretty good results once a week. I plan to stay in braids majority of the time. I am also going to start using Mega Tek with some essential oils twice/three times a week. Praying I can get anywhere around an inch a month. I'm going to try the seal/mosturize methods, which I have never done and still get pretty good growth, but I definitely want to see what difference it will make. Deep condition every wash with alter ego garlic treatment and now brahmi/Amla oils.

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL-> by at least April 2013. BSL by my bday in feb would be great.

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share-> haven't gotten that far, but will try to post photos regularly. Photo attached is my length today after taking down my cornrows. Plan to be MBL fully.

Attachments

• image-1548598876.jpg
    image-1548598876.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Current Length:
*An Inch Away from BSL

Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like:
*I am Texlaxed, Type 4, Fine Strand, High Density, and have Normal to High Porosity.

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):
*My Regimen Will Remain The Same:
1.Prepoo with Hair Trigger on My Scalp and a Ceramide Oil on my ends
2. Shampoo with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
3. If its a protein week then I would insert my reconstructive treatment
here. (I have various staple reconstructive treatments)
4. I will then DC w/ steam with a moisturizing DC
5. Apply Leave In's and Air Dry
6. BUNS, BUNS, AND MO' BUNS! :lol:
*I will also continue to moisturize with water, followed by a creamy moisturizer and then seal rich oils, butters and pomades. EVERY DAY!

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL:
By April, Preferably April 30, 2012, Its a check in day PLUS ITS MY BIRTHDAY :happydance:

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share:
I have a Fotki, I haven't update in a while, but here ya go :)
http://members.fotki.com/EnExitStageLeft/

Okay. So here we go:

Hair is natural, around BSB not BSL though.

Regimen: I still don't have a SET one (shameful) but I mostly subscribe to KISS. I wash roughly every one to two weeks with Elasta's Creme conditioning shampoo. I use mostly whatever conditioner is on hand unfortunately. My favorites currently are Redken's Clear Moisture and their Extreme Conditioner. I need to find a good deep conditioner and I will probably go back to using ApHogee's 2 Minute Reconstructor.

I wear my hair in buns or in twists although I think I'm going to vein a braid regimen because I find my hair is better in braids than twists.

Here's a current picture and I hoping to be MBL by June. Hopefully close to WL by next December.

My finger (if you can see it), is the top of my bra.

Happy Hair Growing!

Attachments

• image-2537920604.jpg
    image-2537920604.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 66
Hey Everyone,
I'm still in the running also, even though I am in need of a trim which I will probably get on Tuesday. Color is killing my ends and for this reason, I am going to go back to phony pony mode real soon so I can baggy my ends in Scurl and coconut oil. I need post a current pic so I will send it from my phone right after this. I probably have about 4 inches to get to MBL, so even with the trim I should make it by August 2013. That's about 9 months away, not far at all.

Good to see everyone so hyped for this!! MBL here we come!!

I've been taking MSM for about 2 weeks now and I can visibly see new growth at the root of my twists. That's not something that happens to me at only 2 weeks, so I would say that my hair is responding quite nicely to it! After I take my twists down in a week or 2, I'll dust then prob install some mini braids.

I'll post an update pic at the end of December.

Late update pic and poor quality but I'm horrible at taking self pics and my DH thinks the whole hair thing is crazy.

image-1402411614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair is showing out!! It took forever to get it into a ponytail. The back and middle is like i didnt realx at all. Im gonna try to be strong just leave my hair alone for about another 3 weeks or so but Im just about ready to throw the towel in.

I really plan to make MBL by December 2012 I plan to wear my hair down for Christmas so I will do a length update then. For now I'm still only weave. I want to buy more of this SS hair because it is great so after Christmas I plan to buy another bundle cause this one is getting thin because I didn't seal the wefts and its hand tied.

I did a month of protective styling in crochet braids. Took them out did an intense conditioning routine, let my hair rest for a few days and redid the crochet braids again yesterday.
I'm loving this style and I could clearly see that there was good growth. Although I am still unhappy with the unevenness of my hair it is healthy. I did a really good trim to take down some of it and will probably trim again when I take these out next month.

I should be able to make my goal next year with healthier hair. :lick:

Last edited:
I want to straighten my hair so bad but I said that I was gonna bun until New Year's. It has only been 7 weeks, I have 6 more to go... This sucks!

Seen a few broken hairs :( so I decided to do Aphogee 2 min followed by a DC which I'm doing right now. I'm hoping this will be resolved. I've been doing good thus far so I'm pretty nervous.

I believe i am MBL but i will flat iron next month to be sure :)

I'm sitting deep conditioning with Heaven In Hair by Deva...gotta get up and get to finishing up the cleaning i had planned to do today.

Back