mbb too mild

me-T

dont get me wrong, i like mizani butter blends, makes my hair feel so soft afterward BUT, its a lil too mild for me.

i dont wanna wanna go all the way straight but i Would like to look like i actually did somethin to my roots.

i know cant just "perm hop" and go from mbb, to affirm, to phyto... i was just thinkin switch from mbb to a regular mizani relaxer. since it's the same brand i should be ok huh?

Re: Mizani BB too mild?

I would not say that Mizani Butter Blend relaxers are too mild, but I believe that MBB relaxers are more suited for those who burn easily or for those who relax their hair themselves. I think the milder formulas and the pre-relaxer products allow for more application/smoothing time as well as the prevention over-processing/over-lapping.

i'm gonna be "perm hopping" next touchup cause it seems like the mizani butter blends is just not getting the job done anymore (and i don't know why). i think i'm going to try hawaiian silky or elasta qp cause my hair is severely underprocessed right now.

me-t, i think if you want to try a different relaxer brand u should be ok...

i hope so cause i been thinkin bout silk elements a lot. maybe will save me money from havin to buy saa seperatley

i use coarse

Thanks, what's your hair type and do you like your hair bone straight? I'm thinking of trying MBB for my next relaxer so I want to hear the good and the bad. Also, what did you use in your hair after rinsing it out? I.e. did you do a hard protein afterwards?

Thanks

mostly 4b w/ some 4a lurkin. i actually like bone straight, but i'm tryin to get some thickness, plus overlappin is almost impossible it seems, so i'm tryin to hop on the texlax boat, but dang!

i sealed my processed hair w/ silk n' shine polisher (for the saa) and grease, washed with the mbb poo and con, also did a pre-neutralize protein with aphogee 2min

my hair came out REALLY soft but just wasnt straight enough. maybe 75%. i at least want 85%

btw, it goes on like butter too! if a stylist slipped this one someone when they asked for a conditioning treatment, they'd never know it! it melts in, and doesnt have that strong "perm" smell

i sealed my processed hair w/ silk n' shine polisher (for the saa) and grease, washed with the mbb poo and con, also did a pre-neutralize protein with aphogee 2min

What's saa? And w/your silk n' shine polisher was it the spray or the kind you squeeze into your hand? Did it make your hair shiny? I just permed and was wondering if I should try that? Did you do it w/your hair WET or Dry?

silk amino acid(saa) helps protect the hair during relaxin. i didnt order any from lotioncrafter.com, so i just bought that. its a lil spray bottle. idk bout all the shine and stuff, i only bought it as a cheap saa source, sprayed it on everyday the week before, and the day of my relaxer.

I used regular strength last time :ohwell: I may go back to the Sensitive Scalp version (no lye), try the regular Mizani or check out Affirm.

im a 4a i think, my stylist uses regular mizani bb i watched the clock while he was applying and smoothing it took him 20 minutes and then we rinsed i was getting a little nervous but my hair looked fabulous after i love this relaxer it makes my hair a million times happier than affirm.

Hmmm, seems like I really will be using the MBB since I don't really care about bone-straight anyway. My hair is so fine, so a little thickness still left in my hair shouldn't be so bad. I will use the regular strength instead of the mild one. Thanks for the reviews.

Thanks for the reviews everyone. If anyone has any more reviews, please share. I did a search, but I'd like to hear recent ones. TIA :)

Back