Maybe A Dumb Idea...

sunshinebeautiful

I am getting so freaking frustrated with maintaining my hair's moisture level in this cold winter air. As soon as I come in from outside my hair is screaming for moisture. I've been combating it with deep conditioning, but that only goes so far. After two days my hair needs another deep conditioning. :(

I just had an idea that maybe I should invest in a humidifier, at least that way my hair can pick up some moisture from my home environment. Has anyone tried this? Is this a good idea? Just thought I'd ask before I invest in an experiment that doesn't work. :lachen:

This idea isn't dumb, it shows how serious you are about your hair health:)

Lots of ladies have purchased humidifiers to maintain their hair's health. I saw it in a thread, you should do a search. I can't remember which one they said was better cool or warm heat but I am sure the info is out there somewhere.

Good Luck!:D

That is actually a very good idea. A humidifier will also help with your skin as well as your sinuses. I have a warm air humidifier in my bedroom, and I also keep a tea kettle filled with water on my propane stove in the living room. Some even you can even add scents to, or potpourri. I say go for it:D

Even if it weren't a hair problem, I would advise getting one too.

I love heat at night and I pay for it in the morning because my lips are peeling and one morning my hair was so puffy! I keep meaning to get one every Saturday because I threw my old one out but I definately will this week.

I think it is a great idea... I have been looking into purchasing a purifier for cleaner, healthier air in my home. I did find out from a lot of research, it is actually great for your skin and hair.

This is a wonderful idea. As others have said, it could not only be beneficial to your hair but your health as well. :)

It's a great idea. Thurs night when I washed I mixed essential fatty acids oil in my conditioner. Fri - Sun. I slept with a humidifier in the room and my hair remains pliable and shiny today. It also helped my sinus issues and skin. I think it will work!

This is the first time I have had a humidifier and I love it. I don't know why I never bought one before as my house is very dry in the winter months. It is good for my hair, skin and nasal passages. It also increases the warmth in the room without me having to turn the thermostat up.

The heater makes the air in my house very dry so I always turn on my humidifier for a few hours to put some moisture back into the air.It hydrates the hair and skin and my family breathes better without the dry air. It's not a dumb idea it's actually a very good idea and can help you if you suffer from sinus problems,asthma or dry eyes.
I have two humidifiers that I got free with a prescription from the doc for my sons asthma.

Hrrrmmm... interesting, interesting. I give my hair it's own personal humidifier twice a week - but this is an interesting idea. I've never noticed the air being all that dry in the house, but I might have to look into this...

Thanks ladies. I'm seriously going to purchase one for my home. If it helps my hair retain any moisture, it will be totally worth it. Now I'm off to research which kind to buy.... cool or warm air.

I have 2 humidifiers, small one for the bedroom, a larger Holmes for the living, dining areas. Both put out warm air, I love them both and add a few drops of lavender or jasmine oils to the 'well' areas which adds a wonderful :p relaxing:p scent through out the house.[B[COLOR="Teal[COLOR="Teal"]"]]PS..check prices at COSTCO, BJ's or other big box warehouse stores.[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back