may sound funny but... do you have a BIG HEAD?

hairedity

LOL!:lachen:

Okay, I do. I have what some call a "high forehead", or just a big head. As a child I was teased, as I teenager I hid it with bangs, and finally as an adult I got rid of the bangs and let the forehead shine.
Surprisingly nobody noticed and then I thought, cool, maybe I don't have a big head... but then photos would always confirm otherwise :perplexed

So I've read some posts in here where some thought their heads were too big for a certain style, like a BC or wearing the hair all back.

If you have a big head, I'd like to hear:
1) Is it a big forehead, or is the circumference big (like Oprah's) .. or is it both?
2) How do you wear your hair?

Yes check all the forehead in the avatar!! And check out my signature pic. My head has been big. I wear my hair off my forehead alot, I like my big head!! lol.

:lachen: Okay lets see... I don't think I have a big head but I've always been told otherwise. Not forehead but my entire head. I've been told I look like a Bratz doll and I'm assuming it's b/c my head is big??? My daughter has a head like mine and she could never, ever wear a turtleneck without getting stuck.... my dad has a huge "mexi" head and my head is just like his so yes, I guess I have a big head. :yep:

I got the Rihanna forehead...and a big head to go along with it. When I had relaxed hair, I had bangs but now that I'm natural, I just sport a puff.

Peep the avatar sweety...I got it from my dad. Be proud of your 4head (or 5head) because I always say it's the signature of wisdom.

Girl I got a big head not forehead. I'm proud of my big head. Did you see the thread I posted about finding plus size head scarfs? I guess they only make regular headscarfs for petite heads, lol:lachen::lachen:. I use to be subconsious about it. I never wore my hair in ponytails, I always had hair hanging in my face, but now I wear whatever makes me happy.

I have a big head, but a small forehead! :lol: That combination allows me to wear my hair pretty much any way I want.

yes i do have a big head!
My head was the only thing keeping me from walking when I was a baby.I was looking at one of my home videos....head was so big when I attempted to walk my head would hit the floor before the rest of my body would:blush::lachen::lachen:
sad but true...it dont look too bad now.

:lachen: Okay lets see... I don't think I have a big head but I've always been told otherwise. Not forehead but my entire head. I've been told I look like a Bratz doll and I'm assuming it's b/c my head is big??? My daughter has a head like mine and she could never, ever wear a turtleneck without getting stuck.... my dad has a huge "mexi" head and my head is just like his so yes, I guess I have a big head. :yep:

:lachen::lachen:Bratz doll!! and the turtle neck lol!!! I can relate :lachen::lachen:

yes i do have a big head!
My head was the only thing keeping me from walking when I was a baby.I was looking at one of my home videos....head was so big when I attempted to walk my head would hit the floor before the rest of my body would:blush::lachen::lachen:
sad but true...it dont look too bad now.

O my gosh, LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! ...These are such funny stories, I'm so glad to meet ladies I can relate to!! :lachen::lachen:

See and my thing is, and worse as a child, was the big head, but narrow shoulders because I had a slender body... I never saw anybody that looked like that, I guess sort of like a lollipop!

See and my thing is, and worse as a child, was the big head, but narrow shoulders because I had a slender body... I never saw anybody that looked like that, I guess sort of like a lollipop!

LOL now that is really the right word for me as a child growing up!!:lachen:

if you place 4 fingers on your fohead and it touches the top of the brows to the hairline you dont have a big fohead.. but if there is room for one more finger u got a 5 head= big head..lol..

in response the the question it takes like 2 1/2 mins to take out each french braid on the very top of my head to bottom of my head..

I have a huge head too. Big forehead and large circumference.

I used to hide it with bangs, but now I tie my hair back and rock the big forehead....can't change it so, gotto love...

Now I just need oyt find where to get custom made hats....

My friends and SO always said I had a big head but I just started believing it:look: lol I have a big head and forehead lol:yep: I wear a side swoop or side bang alwayz.

Last edited:
I got a big head too. I think someone asked this in another thread and I referred to my forehead as a "sixhead" (I need six fingers to cover it). It's sorta shaped like a large square (4 corners and all):lol:. Anyway, as a child I was called pumpkin head and always covered it with bangs. Today, I only wear side parts in my hair (on a slant). I never wear my hair all back.

:yep: Kid's use to tease me by saying "GO HEAD FO HEAD":lachen:

I use to hide it with bangs when I was younger. I have learned how to embrace what i've been blessed with and not worry about what other folk say or think. Now I rock any style!

Last edited:
1) Is it a big forehead, or is the circumference big (like Oprah's) .. or is it both?

I don't have Oprah's big head, more like Tyra's big forehead, but different because my face is round not narrow like hers! :look:

2) How do you wear your hair?

I wore my hair down almost every day before LHCF w/ long bangs & I mostly wear it down now, but I've been doing a few more updos lately. I've done the swoop and the china bangs in the past, but I don't wear any of those anymore. I keep my bangs really long.

ER, um, as an adult I never get self-conscious about it, but I don't pull my hair back tight in, say, braided extensions :blush: and I take care of my hairline.

Oh, the dumb comments I used to get as a teen...Then I realized the same guys who were teasing me were asking for my number! :rolleyes:

I have a big forehead and fine thin hair a mess lol.... My hair looks thicker when its all back so idk how ima do this bc Ive always had a swipe with a ponytail. My hair does not look right with a swipe when it down and my mom hates my ponytail bc she thinks it makes me look like a child and at work everyone keeps asking how old do you have to be to work here?

I might just have to deal with it and wear it all the way back

oooh my head is huge! I used to be ashamed of it cause i got teased a lot...still am a little bit. Which is why I used to wear weave so much, to sort of disguise it.

Oh and BTW I have a 6 head!

i have a big head but a average sized forehead and i do most styles. i realized that small cornrows arent for me though:nono:

Big Head here!:perplexed

All my life whenever someone does my hair they complain about my head. :ohwell:
I usually wear my hair in braids. But, Now I'm rocking a weave.

I have what people would call a fivehead and I'm perfectly fine with it.
Actually I didn't know my forehead was big before someone pointed it out not too long ago.
Couldn't care less though...I look fabulous with my big ol' head lol and I wear my hair however i please :o)

I think I have kinda a big head, circumference wise. I have a big face too, its kinda long. I'm okay with that.

I wear all hairstyles too, with no fear. LOL

Back