May 2005 Hits and Misses!

Hit:
NTM Mask (moisturizes my hair really well)
Hot sixs oil (spray)
Giovanni Direct Leave in

Miss: none for now

goldensugar23 said:
I have to say ladies i have enjoyed this post very much....

Hits..ntm leave in w/olive oil as a setting lotion.I didnt care for it as a leave in,it seemed to be to light for my hair.

ntm daily conditioner mixed with vo5 pears and mango conditioner.It smells great and gives me great slip!!
ntm hair mask
miss keys 10-in 1(i think or may be 12-1)creme rinse.smells great and gives me really great slip and detangles!!
biolage daily leave in tonic.NO MORE TANGLES :D

misses
humecto in a bottle(maybe better luck with the tub)?

ooooh...GoldenSugar....I saw all the NTM feedback and u likey....:D
*throws up NTM gang sign and runs*

Hits:
Suave BioBasics Conditioner
Fantasia FrizzBuster Serum

Misses:
None

Jury's still out on:
L'Oreal Nature's TherapyPerfectCurls Defining Creme

Hits: :up:

Pantene R&N Oil Cream Moisturizer Love this stuff to death!! Makes my hair moisturized and soft, and it kept my relaxed hair straight to the max!

Nice-N-Easy in Medium Brown Haven't used this in a long time since it was updated just recently. Love the color and the little Color Seal conditioner with it kept my color shiny and healthy.

Feria Conditioner I want to thank KitchenTician for suggesting this conditioner because I was going to use a permanent color and in need of a real good conditioner for keeping my hair color shiny and fresh. Love this stuff all the waaay, baby!!! BTW, I finally got my Sally's discount card recently. That really came in handy for me to buy my conditioner.

No Misses just yet.

Miss
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter SHAMPOO...its TOTAL crap, it has SLES I shoudlve known but the conditioner is SO wonderful, I didnt think the shampoo would let me down, I guess Ill stick with my CCS.

Hits:

Wild Growth Hair Oil (It's awesome. I dunno where it's been all my life. And it does not stink! Something is wrong with ya'll noses, :lol:.)

Misses:

Surge, the spray on stuff. Good growth, but leaves my hair dry like the Sahara. I may just mix it with the MTG and WGO. So I'm changing this 'miss' to a 'jury's out'.

HITS:
Paul Mitchell So Strong Poo and Conditioner -
So far I've only used twice, but my hair felt considerably stronger even during the rinse-out. The poo is a bit harsh, but I always use a pre-poo so it doesn't realy affect me. The conditioner gives GREAT slip.

Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey Hydrating balm -
Remaining a favorite for my braidouts and super-curly rollersets. I like the hydrating feel my hair has once it's dry, and it does add shine. You do have to get past the initial sticky feel.

Using only a couple of products -
Could it be TRUE! For the past two weeks, I've only been using my pre-poo (Wheat germ oil and tea tree conditioner), PM Poo and Cond, with a touch of BBD Stretch and OH Balm. Almost NO heat. My hair seems to be thanking me...

MISS:
None. Wow - I gotta go check my stash, that can't be right... CAN IT?

Hits:
Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer: Love it, wonerful on my ends for bun styles.

Elasta QP Glaze conditoning shine gel: LOVE IT!!! I have my hair in a bun and the glaze gave me a nice shiny slick back wet look. My roots look nice curly :)

Hits:
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter - (though I can't stand the smell)
Elasta Creme conditioning shampoo
Adore rinses
Keracare first lather

Some More:

Hits:
- Phyto Relaxer Index 2
- NTM Healing Shine Serum - I gave up the Biosilk for the NTM. It is dabomb!

natalied said:
HITS:
-Vidal Sasoon Ion Steam Rollers
-Pibbs Kwik 514 Commercial Dryer (love it love it love it!) Dried my hair in 35 minutes at medium setting

MISSES:

None so far.....

HIT:

Elasta QP Mango Butter, don't know how I lived without it.

Major MISS:

NTM Deep Conditioning Hair Mask, made my hair feel like straw :mad:

nylady74 said:
HIT:

Elasta QP Mango Butter, don't know how I lived without it.

Major MISS:

NTM Deep Conditioning Hair Mask, made my hair feel like straw :mad:

Hardly anyone seems to like the mask. The regular is conditioner wayyyyy better.

Last edited:
In the Hair Product Hall of Fame:

Olive oil and coconut oil mixed together.

I know.....it's not like it's anything new but I had only been using these a pre-poo treatment.

The other day I mixed a couple drops of both togther in my palms and ran my hands through my hair! Such shine! :woot: Anything that makes my dull hair shiny is alright with me!

1/2 in and 1/2 out the garbage can:

Motions CPR Anti Breakage Lotion

I'm still undecided on this one.

Pros:

It smells AMAZING and gave great shine to my ponytails when I used it to smooth all my hair back.

Cons:
As a leave in conditioner it leaves my hair feeling ...polluted:lol:
I don't have another word for it. My hair felt..coated. And not in a good way.

jasmin said:
Hardly anyone seems to like the mask. The regular conditioner wayyyyy better.

*cough, hacking cough*

That's aiiight....just more for me on the shelves....;)

*evil laugh right about here...*

Oh Man....maybe I should lie and split them up into two months? :look:

Hits:

Bubble Up Styling Pudding
Citre Shine Making Waves
Citre Shine Anti Frizz Polishing Serum
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecter
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
L'oreal Out of Bed
Miss Jessie's Curling Pudding
Motions Herbal Relaxer Regular
Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner...I didn't know!! :grin:

Revisited:
Tigi Chocolate Head

Misses:
Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz

Standing Favorites:

Eqyss MegaTek Hair Rebuilder
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
Shapley's MTG
V05 Peaches & Cream Conditioner

There might be more, I'll check when I get home, these are the only ones I can remember. :look:

LaNecia said:
Oh Man....maybe I should lie and split them up into two months? :look:

Hits:

Bubble Up Styling Pudding
Citre Shine Making Waves
Citre Shine Anti Frizz Polishing Serum
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecter
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
L'oreal Out of Bed
Miss Jessie's Curling Pudding
Motions Herbal Relaxer Regular
Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner...I didn't know!! :grin:

Revisited:
Tigi Chocolate Head

Misses:
Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz

Standing Favorites:

Eqyss MegaTek Hair Rebuilder
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
Shapley's MTG
V05 Peaches & Cream Conditioner

There might be more, I'll check when I get home, these are the only ones I can remember. :look:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!!!! :eek: SECURITY!!!! SECURITY!!!

:rofl: :lachen:

I'm tearing up over here from laughing so hard!

I asked you last month, (don't make me find the post) to take my credit card cause I was having I-S-S-U-E-S but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you wouldn't do it... :spank:

Now look at me.... :cry3:

PJ outta control. :(

Another Hit:

Kenra MC as a Leave In - I used a quarter sized amount on towel dried hair... SLIP-A-LICIOUS!!! The comb-out was effortless!

Another Revisited Hit:

AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner - I used for my CO Wash today... VERY moisturizing!

miracle said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miracle
Hits:
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum--I'm 'in this stuff. It's my new staple serum.

Africa's Best Kid's Organics Shea Butter Dentangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion

No Misses

miracle said:
Adding A Hit:
AB Organics Carrot Oil Cream

Adding Hit:

ORS No More Flakes Scalp Pomade

Camille429 said:
Misses:
-Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner... made my tangles worse!! :mad: I need a new detangler ASAP!
-Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

no hits this month.

i hear u about the tangles sista!I had the worst tangles ever..until i used a creme rinse instead of just a conditioner.Also biolage daily leave-in tonic is the best for tangles.

MonaLisa said:
*cough, hacking cough*

That's aiiight....just more for me on the shelves....;)

*evil laugh right about here...*

yeah i liked the mask after i added some evoo to it.it works great when i get my dominican blow out.

goldensugar23 said:
i hear u about the tangles sista!I had the worst tangles ever..until i used a creme rinse instead of just a conditioner.Also biolage daily leave-in tonic is the best for tangles.

What is a creme rinse?

senimoni said:
What is a creme rinse?

a creme rinse is a instant conditioner that seems to give a better slip then regular conditioner.I use miss keys 12-1 creme conditioner..it rocks!!

I use a creme rinse after my reg conditioner to comb out my tangles under the stream of water.It leaves my hair very soft.

goldensugar23 said:
a creme rinse is a instant conditioner that seems to give a better slip then regular conditioner.I use miss keys 12-1 creme conditioner..it rocks!!

I use a creme rinse after my reg conditioner to comb out my tangles under the stream of water.It leaves my hair very soft.

*taking notes* :)

goldensugar23 said:
yeah i liked the mask after i added some evoo to it.it works great when i get my dominican blow out.

lol...I add evoo to all my ish now....

ooohhhh...I see you in that avatar sugar...I'm not mad at you..not mad at all....:lol:

jasmin said:
I might have to add some olive oil or something to the ntm mask to use it up.

rub the salt in the wound jasmin...dang.....lol....:lol:

I keep telling folks to follow the instructions before they give up....u only need to use a small amout of the mask...it's concentrated and not like the DDC...where you just slather it all on.

Oh well...lemme shut up before somebody tosses something at me.:look:

Back