Maxiglide Results

CurleeDST

Can some of you either post links to your albums after using Maxiglide or post pictures to show the results? I watched the infomercial today and they made it seem really nice and easy and effective yet gentle.

Let's see ladies - btw I am a natural with VERY thick 3c/4a hair that is color treated with highlights.

Let the games begin!

I have a few. The link to my album is in my siggy. Just results, no before pics. I will say that I LOVE my maxiglide! Best hair appliance I ever purchased and worth every penny.

HTH

I bought a maxiglide and I loooove it!!! I have 4b hair: kinky, cottony, all of the above. Two things you must remember is to NOT squeeze it closed tight (I'm still practicing that)and to not yank it through your hair. Keep slight downward momentum, but you are not 'combing' your hair with it. If I want my hair bone straight, though, I have to blowdry it and THEN use the maxiglide... a lot of heat, but I only do it maybe three to four times a year. If you just want to stretch the hair a bit, you can use it just with air dried natural hair. Make sure you comb through the hair section, first. ANYWAY... I think it's worth every penny. Hmm. having trouble putting my pic up... check out my gallery/album on this site....there's a few in there.

kittrelle said:
I bought a maxiglide and I loooove it!!! I have 4b hair: kinky, cottony, all of the above. Two things you must remember is to NOT squeeze it closed tight (I'm still practicing that)and to not yank it through your hair. Keep slight downward momentum, but you are not 'combing' your hair with it. If I want my hair bone straight, though, I have to blowdry it and THEN use the maxiglide... a lot of heat, but I only do it maybe three to four times a year. If you just want to stretch the hair a bit, you can use it just with air dried natural hair. Make sure you comb through the hair section, first. ANYWAY... I think it's worth every penny. Hmm. having trouble putting my pic up... check out my gallery/album on this site....there's a few in there.

SO the trick is to basically detangle first and NOT close the clamp while ironing? I used it on a section of my hair and it ripped out some of my hair:eek: and I was freaked! I will give it a try again, I'll blow out my hair and use the GLIDE. Hopefully it I will have much better results!

I have a Maxiglide results album, I am 4a/b relaxed and I had lots of newgrowth. My album and password are in my signature.

Here are my results. They would've been much better had I used Keracare Creme Press. In this pic, I let my hair hair dry and then used the Maxiglide. For better results, I would suggest using a leave-in conditioner or conditioner that leaves your new growth silky and/or soft when you hair dries (whether air drying or rollersetting). That way you won't have a problem combing your hair and running the MaxiGlide through.

Before: http://photobucket.com/albums/v156/true_junglist/Hair/?action=view&current=MVC-020F.jpg

After: http://photobucket.com/albums/v156/true_junglist/Hair/?action=view&current=MVC-021F.jpg

Also, take kittrelle's advice on how to prepare/use the Maxiglide ... it will save you a lot of headache and hair :lol: . When I first used it I didn't comb through my hair first and I was clamping down on that sucker for dear life ... I lost like 100 strands just from the crown :eek: . So thanks to Caramelhonee explaining what I did wrong I can use it without pulling out too much hair.

I thought my Maxiglide clonked out on me but I tried it this weekend on my son's hair and it worked nicely along with the Keracare Creme Press.

I'm different from others here though ... if I don't put it on 10, it won't do anything for me. :ohwell:

Also, as you see in the before and after pic, I only do the crown ... everything else stays braided.

Last edited:
Hi there - the password is being rejected to the Maxiglide album.

Babygurl said:
I have a Maxiglide results album, I am 4a/b relaxed and I had lots of newgrowth. My album and password are in my signature.

I used it for the first time tonight with PM's Super Skinny Serum as I blowdried, then Dudley's cream press as I went piece by piece.

All I can say is WOW...........who knew I could achieve professional press and curl results on my own? I mean my hair has grown to the point that while I was working the glide I felt hair on my back and thought it was hair falling down my shirt - it was MY HAIR.......still attached to the scalp that had grown. WHO KNEW!

This is definitely a suprise to me b/c I kept the receipt thinking I will need to return it some time this week but NO...this works better than my CHI, didn't burn my hair up, the steam helped to instill moisture and I have swing and shine on my natural hair.

I am very impressed. This will definitely help me with my protective style of buns with the ends tucked during the winter. NOW the real test is tomorrow morning how well it stands up after I run!

I will keep you all posted and take pictures tomorrow.
Thanks to this forum for so much information!

Okay I used the maxiglide last night and I must say it was an experience! I will sum it up like this:

Pros:
Larger plates allowed my to straighten my hair faster
none of that burnt smell
THe steam was my "BEST FRIEND" , it really SOFTened my NG
My hair has a natural shine
It does not burn, I could get really close to my scalp and NG without worrying about getting burned.

Cons:
Maybe I wasn't using it right but I found it pulled out way too many hair for my liking so I immediately switched to the flat plate.
I detangled my hair well, yet the combs kept ripping out my hair!
I finally got smart and rewet my hair and blowdryed it with a comb attachment and then I used the Maxiglide...guess what? It still ripped out my hair:mad: , I finally just switched to the flat plates and I must admit that I got really nice press.
Summary: I'm still iffy on this one, I will have to give it another go and see how things work out. I'll post pics of my overall results this weekend!

Alli, I find that I have to first comb thru each section, then as I use the maxilide not to clamp down but sort of close it and slowly move down the legnth of my hair. No hair lost. It does take practice though. You have to remember to glide not press down. Hope this makes sense.

simplycee said:
Alli, I find that I have to first comb thru each section, then as I use the maxilide not to clamp down but sort of close it and slowly move down the legnth of my hair. No hair lost. It does take practice though. You have to remember to glide not press down. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I was closing the clamp, I'll give it another go because overall I liked how the steam softened my NG.

Very important do not clamp down as if using a flat iron - because that tension WILL pull out hair. I used it on my thick hair last night and it did not pull out any hair was not already shedding. I had no tugging b/c I just closed it and ran it down the length of my hair.

It worked wonders - I love the way my hair feels and allows me to style my hair in a more protective and simple way for the winter. Gotta love it.

CurleeDST said:
Hi there - the password is being rejected to the Maxiglide album.

My password does work and it has never been changed, please note that the password for the Maxiglide album is different than my other hair albums.

Back when I was in college around 1998, Conair came out with a flat iron that had a steam compartment and the little teeth. If anybody has had experience with both, do you think the Maxiglide is really that much of a technological upgrade or should I go with the Sedu?

Thanks,
myco

You know what I will take pictures tomorrow. I have been wearing my hair in a bun and get this, it rained yesterday and I got caught outside without an umbrella and my hair is STILL STRAIGHT!

I ran 3 miles today in the gym w/ a scarf on my head guess what? STILL STRAIGHT! This thing is a keeper.

My girlfriend is natural and her flat iron just broke, I took my Maxiglide over there, used it on one of her frizziest pieces and guess what? It made it so smooth and silky with JUST ONE PASS. She was sold. She got her 20% off Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon and is getting one tomorrow.

She was sold!

Jessy55 said:
CurleeDST, do you have pics yet? :) I am very tempted to get a Maxiglide for Christmas.

I don't have any pictures right now, but I just used the Maxiglide last night and I was very happy with it's ability to straighten very quickly. It's the best flat ironing experience I've ever had.

However, it will probably take some getting use to. The other suggestions that have been made are good ones. Unfortunately, it does take some prepping before use like combing through and making the hair as smooth as possible.

I will say that I may have had a more difficult time because I left in some Nexxus Emergencee for like days (oopsy poopsy) and haven't done an intensive moisturizing conditioner, so when I do that again this weekend, the results should be better because my hair was on the hard side.

I took some pictures today - day 6 after first using my Maxiglide. I went outside in the rain with NO umbrella, worked out at the gym (ran 3 miles per session) this week and cooked over steaming food and here is what my hair looked like. I also braided it up last night.

be50scd.jpg

ae61scd.jpg

Back