Maxiglide is the Truth!

Tee

Hi ladies,

After reading reviews on here I decided to buy the maxiglide months ago. Well, I never really wear my hair in anything except protective styles so I never used the iron.

Today I went to the beauty shop and sat 2 hours waiting for this lady to show up. She never showed up. (I was so upset) Since I fly out Friday, and will be gone all weekend I had to have something other than my bun working in the hair department.

I pulled out the maxiglide and my hair is just as good (if not better) than a professional 'do'. (without all that darn waiting!)

I am loving the results from my Maxiglide. I have gone at least 3 months without using heat. I was just all smiles tonight at the results. I ran to my computer to share this with you.

*The hubby did the back. I can never flat iron the back of my hair.*

Pictures to follow.

Before.....Wet Hair

100_0153.jpg

After with the Maxiglide

100_0163.jpg

100_0158.jpg

OnceUponAtime said:
Beautiful. Looooove the blunt cut.

I broke down this year and bought one too and I love it.

Thanks. That is the same cut I almost had a heart attack crying over. lol I love that it is even now.

Letitia...you're gonna make me go broke, lol. I love your results; now I want one! The only thing I feared about it was those little comb thingys snagging my hair while pulling the iron through my hair. Another thing I don't really care for when it comes to flat-irons is if they have those groove things on the top of them. When I want to use my flat-iron to smooth and curl, it'll leave those groove prints.

Did you put on any type of serum or anything on your hair before flat-ironing it? Is the maxi-glide supposed to be used on wet hair?

ETA: I saw the maxi-glide at Bed, Bath, & Beyond several months ago. It was at the one out by Wolfchase on Germantown Pkwy.

Last edited:
TSUprincess04 said:
Letitia...you're gonna make me go broke, lol. I love your results; now I want one! The only thing I feared about it was those little comb thingys snagging my hair while pulling the iron through my hair. Another thing I don't really care for when it comes to flat-irons is if they have those groove things on the top of them. When I want to use my flat-iron to smooth and curl, it'll leave those groove prints.

Did you put on any type of serum or anything on your hair before flat-ironing it? Is the maxi-glide supposed to be used on wet hair?

ETA: I saw the maxi-glide at Bed, Bath, & Beyond several months ago. It was at the one out by Wolfchase on Germantown Pkwy.

Hey TSU. They do have them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I saw them at the Poplar store too. It's a good time to use your 20% off coupon they send in the mail ALL the time. I got mine at Amazon because I didn't know BB&B carried them.

I was afraid of those little teeth too. But I found that you dont need to press it together hard. Once I stopped trying to press my hair by squeezing the thing so hard, I didnt get anymore hair on the iron. So now I know, dont squeeze hard! lol

I put a little oil in my hair before I did it. OH, and no grooves with this iron!! I really like that.

Sorry, you know I am not trying to make you a big PJ like me. giggles.

Ayeshia said:
Aww thanks...did you use the product in your siggy to flat iron or other things as well?

I didn't use it tonight but I love this stuff! It's great for buns and other styles were I want to slick the hair back. I can't saying how much I really love this stuff!! (I just put a lil oil in this time. that was it.)

Last edited:
TSUprincess04 said:
do you flat iron on wet or dry hair?

It was dry. I had to blow dry the roots a little. Other than that, I dont touch the blow dryer.

**Oh, did you see I am 9 weeks post now. I think I will make 12* :)

Letitia said:
It was dry. I had to blow dry the roots a little. Other than that, I dont touch the blow dryer.

**Oh, did you see I am 9 weeks post now. I think I will make 12* :)

Indeed you can make it, with results like that you could transition if you wanted to! :lol:

amr501 said:
Indeed you can make it, with results like that you could transition if you wanted to! :lol:

Thanks. I am trying to stay positive. I made 9 almost 10 weeks last time.

I know you will love this iron. As you can tell. My hair was NOOO where close to straight before I started. I really didnt think it would turn out so straight. And to think that ***** had me wait 2 hours and she never showed up. I guess there is a light at the end of every tunnel. IF she had showed up, I would have never tried the maxiglide. I should send her a thank you note! lol. Naaaa, I am still upset with her. lol

i just checked out your album and great job flatironing. with this baby you shouldn't need your stylist anymore (only for touchups and trims).

amr501 said:
Thanks for the link...I'll have to do a price comparison :grin:

It's 89.95 on Amazon also. If you have a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, check with them. They always have 20% coupons. That would a nice savings!!

caribeandiva said:
i just checked out your album and great job flatironing. with this baby you shouldn't need your stylist anymore (only for touchups and trims).

Caribeandiva, thanks. You know I was thinking the same thing about the stylist. This site has given me soooo much confidence in taking care of my hair.

Thanks to you all!

Letitia said:
Thanks. I am trying to stay positive. I made 9 almost 10 weeks last time.

I know you will love this iron. As you can tell. My hair was NOOO where close to straight before I started. I really didnt think it would turn out so straight. And to think that ***** had me wait 2 hours and she never showed up. I guess there is a light at the end of every tunnel. IF she had showed up, I would have never tried the maxiglide. I should send her a thank you note! lol. Naaaa, I am still upset with her. lol

I don't blame you I would have been upset too. But at least you got to keep the money you would have paid her, and discovered you could do just as good a job yourself!;)

Letitia said:
It's 89.95 on Amazon also. If you have a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, check with them. They always have 20% coupons. That would a nice savings!!

:eek: Will be there tomorrow! Thanks so much.

great results and you have beautiful hair.

i like the maxiglide as well, but i have to put my beloved down for awhile. i'm on a no-heat challenge.

I purchased my Maxiglide online at Linens N Things in June. It was regular $79.99 and $64 after the discount. The 20% discount code I used was 98082021027. Hopefully it's still valid if any of you need to use it. Oh and instead of paying $10 for s&h, I selected the option to pick it up at the nearest store.

Back