MaxiGlide---Is it Worth the Dollar Amount?

bludacious

I saw a website where I can purchase the Maxiglide for $79.96 free shipping. Before I say yes, is it worth the $79.96? I am cheap and need accountability for every dollar!

it was worth it for me! ive never had a press feel like this...i CANT stop touching my hair....its been a week and its still straight....it doesnt feel crunchy or limp and ive never SEEN it this shiny!!!!

oh yeah...it was worth it! (by the way, thats where i got mine too....free shipping rules!)

Shatani said:
it was worth it for me! ive never had a press feel like this...i CANT stop touching my hair....its been a week and its still straight....it doesnt feel crunchy or limp and ive never SEEN it this shiny!!!!

oh yeah...it was worth it! (by the way, thats where i got mine too....free shipping rules!)

ITA! My daughter's hair is so shiny and light and soft! It's worth the many tears she's shed over the years getting pressed with a hot comb.

Shatani, do you have pics?

I looooooove my maxiglide! Best investment I ever made for my hair. I 've used it 3 times so far and got awesome results each time. I finally had to put it away so I won't be tempted to use it all the time, especially since I'm on the bun challenge. :lol:

onepraying said:

ITA! My daughter's hair is so shiny and light and soft! It's worth the many tears she's shed over the years getting pressed with a hot comb.

Shatani, do you have pics?
nah, im gonna have a friend take pics for me before i wash it though....ive just been lazy about it :D

bludacious said:
You all are going to have me broke and on the streets but I will have my Maxiglide to keep me beautiful :lachen:
yup, you will be the most gorgeous homeless girl in park!!!

I've been leaning towards having one of my birthday gifts be an fhi...
but I keep hearing about this blasted Maxiglide...

Question...for owners....the plates are 4"...
can you get to your roots/new growth....without difficulty?:confused:

Thanks in Advance.

MonaLisa said:

Thanks in Advance.

Good question Mona. That's what I was wondering. I've been on the verge of ordering one for weeks now but it just looked so thick I was wondering how close to the roots can you get. Because I want it mainly to straighten my new growth so I can try to stretch my relaxers. I'm not so concerned about it straightening the length of my hair.

MonaLisa said:

Thanks in Advance.
i dont have a problem with my roots....cuz the iron doesnt get hot on the outside...i just put it right up against my scalp and run it through....its straight from root to tip!

I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!! Feel free to uh....donate...I just turned 21...if each one of yall donate a $1.......make checks payable to "PittGirl06" and make it snappy ;)

Thanks Shatini and PittGirl for the feedback.:)

I don't knowwwwwww yet...I don't know why them lil "teeth" are scaring me...:ohwell:

Yes, I'm a flat iron punk.

Blu, I've heard that Curlmaster from Sally's is a pretty good flat iron. It's $24.99. They have one that's similar to the Maxiglide since price is a concern:

255027.jpg

The maxiglide is most awesome- I had an expensive flat iron already and I still don't regret purchasing it at all. I think I'm still trying to figure out how to get my hair looking press-like but it already looks pretty good and has less burnt hair smell than other irons. I'm not getting my roots as well but it's probably because I'm a baby and don't like to put the iron next to my scalp. Also, the pins are no joke so (as a natural at least) you have to be dilegent with detangling. But this is precisely why it gets the hair straighter- it's like a hybrid pressing comb/flat iron.

I don't understand. How is this any different than a regular flat iron? I have a jibere flat iron. Is the maxiglide supposed to be superior than this?

there is another one called a Suda or something similar....that has also gotten raves...whats the diff and which one is better? Anyone try either of them? Sorry I dont recall the exact name but it has been mentioned on the boards before.

PittGirl06 said:
there is another one called a Suda or something similar....that has also gotten raves...whats the diff and which one is better? Anyone try either of them? Sorry I dont recall the exact name but it has been mentioned on the boards before.
i think its sedu....

If you are interested in getting the mini as welll...here is a site with both the maxi and mini together gor $139.

http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/cgi-bin...egory_Code=MAXI/

Hey Pittgirl!! How are ya!

A mini?? I've been looking for this! :yay: I even sent him a message asking if he'd create one! This is great! :woot: I too wanted to use it for touching up my roots.
...I think I'm still trying to figure out how to get my hair looking press-like but it already looks pretty good and has less burnt hair smell than other irons...

Yeah, one of my sisters had this problem. She found that if she gave herself a fresh comb pressing then use the glide for touching up using Coconut oil, her presses lasted longer and looked and felt silkier. The coconut oil made her hair feel real silky... For a good press, I think you out to try using ION Heat Protectant spray and Coconut oil to get a really good press. My daughter's hair pressed very well and lasted to :yep: I have to try the coconut oil myself...

~op~

onepraying said:

Hey Pittgirl!! How are ya!

A mini?? I've been looking for this! :yay: I even sent him a message asking if he'd create one! This is great! :woot: I too wanted to use it for touching up my roots.

Yeah, one of my sisters had this problem. She found that if she gave herself a fresh comb pressing then use the glide for touching up using Coconut oil, her presses lasted longer and looked and felt silkier. The coconut oil made her hair feel real silky... For a good press, I think you out to try using ION Heat Protectant spray and Coconut oil to get a really good press. My daughter's hair pressed very well and lasted to :yep: I have to try the coconut oil myself...

~op~

Onepraying, how did you use the Maxiglide on your daughter's hair? Was it after pressing as touch-ups (like your sister is using it) or did you pretty much 'press' her hair with it. I lightly ran a pressing comb through my 4yo daughter's hair last week and I love the styling versatility but don't think I want to actually press her hair completely straight in the future. I was committed to buying the Maxiglide before reading this post, but if it something I can use on both her and my hair, I will be buying it SOON!

What is up with those teeth on the iron though? Is this better than a ceramic flat iron. I could just see my hair getting caught up in those jaws of life.

Back