Maxiglide Burnt my hair. (kinda my fault)

BeautifulNameX

I was at my little cousins house and she owns a maxiglide the old one. It felt like christmas lol, I finally got the chance to try the maxiglide to see if its what its cracked up to be. She was finished with her hair or bang or what ever she uses it on like 8 i thing but i turned it down to 5. I DID NOTHING. Maybe because I took a cornrow out and straightened that. I used some serum she had i for got. So I turned it up to like 7 or 8 and I smelled a burning smell. But it still ant straighten. I did the dumb thing and went over it until it got straight. and it got like straidht but it was a burnt type i washed it and that little section is still straidht whill the rest of my hair kinky. Thankfully it was like a small section. And at least i know not to waste my money getting it. I didnt work for me.

I was at my little cousins house and she owns a maxiglide the old one. It felt like christmas lol, I finally got the chance to try the maxiglide to see if its what its cracked up to be. She was finished with her hair or bang or what ever she uses it on like 8 i thing but i turned it down to 5. I DID NOTHING. Maybe because I took a cornrow out and straightened that. I used some serum she had i for got. So I turned it up to like 7 or 8 and I smelled a burning smell. But it still ant straighten. I did the dumb thing and went over it until it got straight. and it got like straidht but it was a burnt type i washed it and that little section is still straidht whill the rest of my hair kinky. Thankfully it was like a small section. And at least i know not to waste my money getting it. I didnt work for me.

You need to wash your hair before using the Maxiglide or any straightening iron for that matter. The old gel or braids spray or even dirt that was already in your hair caused it to burn like that. The iron basically cooked whatever was in your hair. You shouldn't have to turn the iron up that high to get it straightened. My hair is 4b course and the highest I have ever gone to was 5 and that was on certain pieces and I only swiped it once. For the rest of my hair I am on a 3 or 4.
HTH

Did you detangle the section? That also helps to get it strait.I used the flat iron section when my hair was natural and it got real strait. I was also using it too high until I tried a lower setting. I know that it will get my hair strait easily on a lower setting.

Maxiglide is a great tool but it can be damaging (like all heat appliances) when not used properly. Hopefully the section that you straightened will curl again after a few washes.

I am 4a and have only used the Maxiglide at setting 1 and 2 with at most 2 passess on each section. I got great results (pics in fotki).

You cannot use flat irons on dirty hair for all the reasons stated above. If you decide to try it again, try it on freshly washed & conditioned hair with your heat protectant and serum added. HTH

I love my maxiglide and its a great tool if you use it properly. Apparently, you didn't take the right precautions preceding the use of this heat appliance, and you went over it more than once with no real protection and at a 8 or 9 temp too?....that is what caused your hair to burn my dear:yep:

Ouch...if you don't use the Maxiglide right, of course your hair will burn.
7 or 8 is way too high...wow, my hair would go up in a puff of smoke if I did it that high!

I hope the straightened piece gets curly again soon.

I agree with all the other ladies. The maxiglide is great if you use it right. I usually leave mine around 2 but never higher than 5. I hope your hair recovers well

Back