MAXIGLIDE: Burnt oder, high price is it worth it?

Is the Maxiglide worth the high price?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • No, there is better.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Never tried it.

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters
Pokahontas,

What do you use to clean the plates and how do you do it?

I don't have a maxiglide but I do have a croc. I think it is similar. Thanks in Advance.
Usually just some shampoo and a toothbrush. I hate cleaning that thing but the toothbrush helps to get the gunk out of the pins. I just rinse the soap off after I'm done.

Does maxiglide help to stop natural/new growth from reverting? I am stretching and I roller set to get straight hair but it reverts and puffs up after one day.

Mine had the burnt smell on first use out of the box, so it was very clean. I am not sure if it would make my hair smell like that, and just the ironing process smelled, but I did not care for it. I only did a small section of hair before getting my FHI out. I think the fact that I am used the other irons made it hard for me to love the Maxiglide.

It think it is worth the price if is works for you, though. Any decent iron is going to cost you. That particular one just does not work for me.

Almost my exact same experience to a T. Used mine with Redken heat glide right out of the box and it had a smell.

The only time my hair smelled burned was when I put it too high :perplexed

When it I use it on 5, it works great. My hair comes out smooth and shiny and soft.

I wouldn't say it has a burnt odor, but it does a smell. I think all flat irons have a smell to them when they are heated. And yes the smell that they make will be in your hair too, but not long.

My stylists uses a rusk flat iron which she used on the weekend to style my hair... and when i went to school, the students kept commenting that they smelled burnt hair....ofcourse they didn't stop sniffing until they came to me...lol~ i couldn't even smell it, so i was shocked that they could. rude, nosey a** 8th graders... ;-{

i do smell something faintly now, but it just smells like hair product, really. i'm like, oh gosh? is my hair burnt-up? it looks and feels fine,so...go figure. btw, i used sabino moisture block before she flat ironed...

I love my maxiglide.. No burnt odor, and it's definitely worth the price. I got mine for I think it was $70 at the time from HSN a good few years ago, and it's still going strong. And definitely gives great results.

I LOVE my Maxiglide. To me, no other flat iron compares to it. I have been using one for over 5 years (or whenever they came out). I recommend getting one from HSN. They often have them on sale, with products to go with. The Beyond Straight and The End products, truly ROCK You won't be disappointed!

This was my first flat iron purchase ever! It was good for about two years. Then it started giving off a burnt odor. I didn't use any product because I didnt know you had to. I thought the steam was good enough. I didnt put it on a high temperature because I was afraid my hair might burn. I actually put it on a low temp. It went downhill with the burnt smell, then it didnt get as hot. I purchased this from Linens & Things. May that store rest in peace. My hair was natural and everybody was asking if I got a perm. I gave the confused look and asked what a perm was. IMO, it was good while it lasted

I have a maxi glide and HATEEEEEEEEEEEE it! It leaves my hair smelling burnt and not as straight/smooth as my other cheapie ceramic iron i'm actually going to sell it

Back