Match.com

Have any of you ever used Match.com or know someone who has? I would like to hear about your experience.

One of my favorite words is free so I avoided Match.com. I signed up for a bunch of free sites including OkCupid.com where I met my soulmate. I say start looking at free dating sites first.

OK.. guess that wouldn't hurt. I've never heard of okcupid.

It was suggest once that the pay sites weed out the fakers and serial internet daters.

Hummmm

One of my favorite words is free so I avoided Match.com. I signed up for a bunch of free sites including OkCupid.com where I met my soulmate. I say start looking at free dating sites first.

One friend met her baby daddy on match.com, she discovered later he was gay, and going to the match.com alternative sight, my other friend met a great guy,married him and now has two children with them...so I've heard both good and bad...eharmony is better IMO

I met some really nice guys on Match.com. I had a 3-month membership back in 2004. It worked out well. It was kinda exciting. There are all kinds of people on that site. You can weed out the bad ones pretty quick. You can tell a lot about someone from their e-mails. I had a couple of phone conversations with 3 people from Match.com. It never materlized into dates though. Although I was asked. I kinda got scared and back away from it.

I also signed up with e-harmony at that time. (that was kinda freaky - me no likey).

One friend met her baby daddy on match.com, she discovered later he was gay, and going to the match.com alternative sight, my other friend met a great guy,married him and now has two children with them...so I've heard both good and bad...eharmony is better IMO

Eharmony informed me that i was undateable:look:. Just confirming what I had already dealt with

i am sort of on match now.. i refuse to put up a decent pic or pay for it. i just aint going there. I have seen a few cuties and welll none of them appealed to me

EHarmony participant right now..loads of men as my matches but no one I really want except one so far who matches me so well but he's not biting:wallbash:!!!!!!!!!!!! Match.com gave me repeat after repeat and even an out front GIGOLO...sigh....I like EHarmony..it's more than just the outside appearance which IRL I always fell for some no good, good looking sucker. Patience is the key for any of these dating sites..take your time and kindly reject the "NO GOs"; take a chance..the picture does not always display the real man. I pray you find your Man.:yep:

Chile these ladies have told many ah stories about online dating sites. Do a search you'll find loads of old and new information.

match.com....:ohwell: let me give you the rundown:

Moe was a toe sucking freak who didn't know me but decided that he wanted to bed me down from a pic. He would get mad (jealous) if he saw that I had logged onto the site.

Charles had never met me but tried to control everything I did.

Kenji was an african who wanted $$$. :nono: I ain't boo boo the fool.

Just a few...I will probably think of more.

Eharmony....:nono: Not my cup ah tea...It's like pulling teeth to get someone in a decent conversation BUT I have a close friend who married someone she met on there this past June.

Surprisingly, I've actually met better guys on myspace. I still think that internet dating is a good way to meet people though...it's just the weeding out process is tedious.

Yes, I met about 6 guys on Match. Some of them turned into committed relationships that didnt' work out, and the current one...idk...we'll see. I'm still really great friends with the ones that didnt' work out though, so I don't regret it.

I used Match a long time ago. I didn't care for the format or the way most of the men in my area looked.:ohwell:

However, out of all of the dating sites I have tried I think Match has the most volume. With that many men, you're bound to meet someone eventually.

Surprisingly, I've actually met better guys on myspace. I still think that internet dating is a good way to meet people though...it's just the weeding out process is tedious.

Just like real life. At least with the internet you don't have to waste time meeting them though. You can just cut them off after they say something stupid.

I guess my profile is bama too. LOL... 'cause I ain't got nathan except a few dough boys.

I've tired a couple of dating sites back in the late 90s...mainly BP (UGGH) and Yahoo. So I thought I would go with a paysite this time to get a better resposne.

can anyone help me improve my profile?

Yeah I've posted a few of the stories but I wanted to know specifically about this one. Thought it would be better because it's a paysite.

Chile these ladies have told many ah stories about online dating sites. Do a search you'll find loads of old and new information.

I have been doing this match.com thing for almost a year now, on and off. I get a few winks now and again but no one that I am interested in

Soror, you and I are living parallel lives because first it was the "do you love your SO" thread and now match.com!

So my match.com experience is now 4+ years old so I can't cosign for the atmosphere today but it was through Match that I met my current BF of 4 years (and soon to be fiance so he tells me ;) My cousin had gone on Match a year before and met her now husband and persuaded me to join. I went on about 7 dates before I met the BF. All of the guys wer accomplished, good resumes but we lacked that chemistry. I had just ended a relationship the year before and I wanted to get back into the dating scene. I used it to meet new people because after a while in NYC, you run in the same circles consistently...:ohwell:

Oh and best believe that I didn't pay..LOL I waited until I had alot of winks and unread emails and did ther free trial and sent out one email to them with my external email address (one I created just for match by the way) so we could take it off line :) I would say give it and other free websites a try, you never know who you could meet :lick:

Last edited:
Whew lawd, I signed up yesterday prior to posting this thread. I should have waited and scouted more profiles. There are far too many cousin skeeter types. OMG. I have 29 more days to cancel if it's a bust by the end of the month.

I used Match a long time ago. I didn't care for the format or the way most of the men in my area looked.:ohwell:

However, out of all of the dating sites I have tried I think Match has the most volume. With that many men, you're bound to meet someone eventually.

Me either.. They are all oogly

match.com....:ohwell: let me give you the rundown:

Moe was a toe sucking freak who didn't know me but decided that he wanted to bed me down from a pic. He would get mad (jealous) if he saw that I had logged onto the site.

Charles had never met me but tried to control everything I did.

Kenji was an african who wanted $$$. :nono: I ain't boo boo the fool.

Just a few...I will probably think of more.

Eharmony....:nono: Not my cup ah tea...It's like pulling teeth to get someone in a decent conversation BUT I have a close friend who married someone she met on there this past June.

How did u find out he was a toe sucker...

The last winner i met on the internet was 43 and living at home with his mamma...

I think it depends on your location. I’m in Houston and I got mostly emails and winks from Latino or white, not too many black men. The black guys I came across that I was interested in, were looking for everything EXCEPT black. :nono: Needless to say, I cancelled my account after the 30-day free trial ended….

Soror, you and I are living parallel lives because first it was the "do you love your SO" thread and now match.com!

So my match.com experience is now 4+ years old so I can't cosign for the atmosphere today but it was through Match that I met my current BF of 4 years (and soon to be fiance so he tells me ;) My cousin had gone on Match a year before and met her now husband and persuaded me to join. I went on about 7 dates before I met the BF. All of the guys wer accomplished, good resumes but we lacked that chemistry. I had just ended a relationship the year before and I wanted to get back into the dating scene. I used it to meet new people because after a while in NYC, you run in the same circles consistently...:ohwell:

Oh and best believe that I didn't pay..LOL I waited until I had alot of winks and unread emails and did ther free trial and sent out one email to them with my external email address (one I created just for match by the way) so we could take it off line :) I would say give it and other free websites a try, you never know who you could meet :lick:

LOOOOOOOOOL! I like your style Soror!!!

Hey Sorors :hiya2: 20Pearls Girl, MsMontoute & MilitantIvy_1908

I signed up for match back in 2004, I didn't know what I was doing I was just searching the dating sites to see what's all the hoopla was about :yep:.
I saw this one guy and sent him a wink, he looked cute and lived in the same city so I said what heck. We exchanged emails and communicated back and forth for about two weeks. We finally met in a mutual place and when I met him I was like now what the h*** is he doing on match.com. All he kept talking about is we have this P N G connection, I was like whatever dude :ohwell:..Fast forward 4 months.. He was just out there bad w/o a care in the world. He is super shallow I was like you know what we can be friends from a distance see ya... We communicate via email every now and then and I run into him every now in then at parties and guess what he is still on the prowl and on match.com :nono:. He say ahh you are still gorgeous blah blah blah.. I be like ni**** keep it movin...:wallbash:

Have any of you ever used Match.com or know someone who has? I would like to hear about your experience.

I think it depends on your location. I’m in Houston and I got mostly emails and winks from Latino or white, not too many black men. The black guys I came across that I was interested in, were looking for everything EXCEPT black. :nono: Needless to say, I cancelled my account after the 30-day free trial ended….

Wow..that's pretty interesting. I've only gotten emails from black guys in the Houston area. I was hoping to get some from yt mails too, but that never happened.

Back