Massage ... yes this is related to hair...

*fabulosity*

So I was feeling like I needed a massage yesterday. So I booked an appointment same day at the spa at the gym. (Bad choice I know; but I couldn't get anything for my regular spa on the same day) So yeah I shower, cowash, and prepare for my massage. It was a dude; which I don't mind... but not the good massage dude... if you know what I mean. I had a massage with this character before and he TALKED through the whole thing. :nono:

So when I see him come from back there.. I'm like I really just want to relax...it would be great if I could fall asleep. In other words.. MF don't talk to me.:spinning: I tell him I want a mixture of swedish/deep tissue.. like don't hurt me (some of that deep tissue crap is painful)..but where I'm really tense at.. knead it more. He's like cool cool.

I get undressed and under the sheet.. he comes back and starts. I'm like wtf bc something feels like sandpaper on my back... he feels me jerking and is like yeah I cut my finger earlier :blush::blush::blush: and that's the band aid. First GROSS... 2 why didn't they tell me that... maybe I would've changed my mind. I think it is pretty important for all the fingers to be at 100%!! :lachen:

So he goes and wraps another smoother band aid around it. Better but I'm still laying there pissed off because that's how extra Fab is. So he finishes my back and shoulders... and to my horror.. I feel him tugging at my bun :blush::blush:... I'm like what are you doing? He's like I want to give your head a massage .. I'm like you know it's wet.. he's like I don't mind. I'm like Jesus H. Christ.. I was like that's okay.. he's like no.. it's more relaxing.. I'm just beat down....and I don't want to spend my time on the table arguing with this fool. He massages my head for what seems like forever and all I could think about was gross and that nasty band aid in my head!!!! But then I'm like what if I had a sew in?! Or braids or anything... does he go around accosting folks by the head????? I know the right Diva would've been like oh hell no.:lachen::lachen:

Then he goes your hair is beautiful...probably some canned ethnic friendly response; he was taught to say. Also this fool massaged me with his hairy forearm... I was literally disgusted. But like the good buppie I am, I left and tipped 20%. :wallbash: I have gotten massaged by men before but this was the worst. I think I prefer women masseuses..(no homo).. they kind of know not to *** with hair or have hairy forearms.. for the most part. I had one chick at Nordstrom's try to pull that after a fresh flat iron and I'm like no.. I don't want that massage oil all up in my hair...like DUH! I really like getting massages but I'm not happy with these folks touching my hair. I had to come home and wash with poo... for any type of nasty disease that bandaid was carrying and the massage oil...blech!

Vent over! Has this happened to anyone else? Sorry it's so long..:lachen:

Sorry fab.. Geez bandaid and hairy arms. I would have gotten up. You are better than me. Next time, spa girl spa.

Sorry fab.. Geez bandaid and hairy arms. I would have gotten up. You are better than me. Next time, spa girl spa.

I know Tam Tam.. but it's like I am almost bucked naked :lachen::lachen::lachen: I laid there and thought about saying okay I quit..get out of here so I can put my clothes on!!! But I felt it would be too difficult. And he was overweight... so yeah.

The other good massage guy wanted to go home earlier.. he also teaches yoga and pilates.. he's good. I thought I was getting him. Plus he looks :lick: and I don't mind that at all.

Wow, what a nightmare...

I have a massage scheduled tomorrow...(a woman):yep: I'm also funny about my hair being fondled, add to that, sometimes my face...

You are good, cause there is no way I could of stood all that...:nono:

And, you tipped...

(Beyond the hair/band aid fiasco, are you at least feeling better?)

I don't do massages. :nono:

Infact I avoid most personal services that involve strangers touching me in some way. :look:

I love massage. I would just encourage you to take control, if someone is talking too much, tell them you really need to relax and want to be quiet now, at the beginning of the session if there's someplace you want them to avoid, be clear, like I need a lot of time spent on my back & neck but I have somewhere to go later, so stay out of my hair. It's your massage, it should cater to you. When you schedule, find out who has the most experience too, just because someone is certified doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

He sounded rather inexperienced, he probably did think your hair was gorgeous and wanted to play in it, and that's wrong on so many levels. It should be about honoring what you want, not what he thinks you need or what he wants to do. Don't hesitant getting off the table if you're just going to lie there and wish you could. I've done & believe me, I felt a whole lot better.

Hey Diva Fabulous!:hiya: I love getting massages!:love2: Girl, I know what you mean. You always want them to go right. ($60.00 per hour:perplexed) And I've had them from both.

I ask starting out specifically that they do not talk.

It's not personal....but I am just there strictly to relax and it costs to much $ for "idle" chit/chat, and miscellaneous chatter.

I only allow them concentrate on the front of my head. Sinsuses, temples, forehead, etc...and sometimes my Nape. Never throughout my hair (even though they've ask).

I've had them ask if I want a Scalp Massage and I always decline.:nono:

Fab sorry this happened to you. Girl he would have seen me in all my glory because i sure would have got up and left.

Wow, what a nightmare...

I have a massage scheduled tomorrow...(a woman):yep: I'm also funny about my hair being fondled, add to that, sometimes my face...

You are good, cause there is no way I could of stood all that...:nono:

And, you tipped...

(Beyond the hair/band aid fiasco, are you at least feeling better?)
No.. not feeling better..which is why I posted. My IRL friends are tired of hearing about it... :lachen:

I should've went tomorrow... because that joker is off on Sundays. I don't know why they always want to give a woman a man... I don't care who it is..as long as it's good! But he... over the top. I have had plenty massages and this whole touching the hair thing is NEW(er) to me. If I were them I wouldn't want to be touching all in somebody's head... especially if it is wet.. how do I know it's all water??? I had moisturized and sealed real good.

Yes I tipped because they recognize me in there and we all know how that goes.. if I have to come back for something else.. I didn't want to get bad service. It was $84 :wallbash: and this joker had the nerve to be like if I book one every two weeks it's 50.. I'm like oh really... (LIKE ARE YOU NUTS FOOL.. IF I SEE YOU AGAIN IN HERE I'M GOING THE OTHER WAY).. I want to kind of call and complain. Like the spa at the gym is nice..it's clean.. I mean the rooms are right across from the basketball court which I think is crazy..but they're pretty sound proof.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Hysterical!!!!!

I don't know how I come across online...but I do try to be subtle IRL. Like I'm not the angry black woman (which I am) :lachen::lachen:

Sorry about that, did your hair get tangled after that?

Of course!! He was all in it! 4 months of NG and all. You know I clarified and then washed again...when I had just clarified last week! With my Aussie Moist its not that bad to detangle.. but I was having girls night at my house and already had a trillion things to do... rewashing my hair was not in the time budget.

I don't do massages. :nono:

Infact I avoid most personal services that involve strangers touching me in some way. :look:

You sound like Mama Fab. She's like it's freaky.. I don't want some stranger touching all over me. Usually I don't mind.. I think its the same with an esthetician doing a facial or wax. But with him it was kind of freaky because it was full body.. so he took the sheet and rolled and tucked it all the way into my cheekies :blush:.. Then when it was time to do the leg... did the same thing and tucked it under the bottom... :blush: Damn reliving it made me feel like I was abused...:lachen::lachen: Now betcha if it had've been the other one I wouldn't have minded.

I love massage. I would just encourage you to take control, if someone is talking too much, tell them you really need to relax and want to be quiet now, at the beginning of the session if there's someplace you want them to avoid, be clear, like I need a lot of time spent on my back & neck but I have somewhere to go later, so stay out of my hair. It's your massage, it should cater to you. When you schedule, find out who has the most experience too, just because someone is certified doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

He sounded rather inexperienced, he probably did think your hair was gorgeous and wanted to play in it, and that's wrong on so many levels. It should be about honoring what you want, not what he thinks you need or what he wants to do. Don't hesitant getting off the table if you're just going to lie there and wish you could. I've done & believe me, I felt a whole lot better.
You are so right. I try to be upfront.. but I'm like shoot I thought this was part of the training? That's why we listening to the beat of soft waves instead of Lil Wayne :lachen: I guess that they are trying to drum up business by being chatty..or he is because other dude is all-lways booked which is why I was surpised they even said he had an opening...

I am not going back period! And if I do I will call and MAKE sure that the other one will be there (from the parking lot). He had the nerve to tell me he's been a masseuse for 12 years and working at Lifetime for 7.....:nono:

Hey Diva Fabulous!:hiya: I love getting massages!:love2: Girl, I know what you mean. You always want them to go right. ($60.00 per hour:perplexed) And I've had them from both.

I ask starting out specifically that they do not talk.

It's not personal....but I am just there strictly to relax and it costs to much $ for "idle" chit/chat, and miscellaneous chatter.

I only allow them concentrate on the front of my head. Sinsuses, temples, forehead, etc...and sometimes my Nape. Never throughout my hair (even though they've ask).

I've had them ask if I want a Scalp Massage and I always decline.:nono:

YES!!!! I am going to speak up for sure next time. I'm telling this hair thing is new..but they need to stop it.

See my skin is too sensitive for them to be on my face... I bring my own little face cover thing from the Massage warehouse.:lachen::lachen: I don't like using the towels at the gym anyway...recycling those towels being improperly cleaned is ew... plus when I first joined years ago.. I broke out with one of those nasty two headed pimples like twice before I finally decided it was the towels as the culprit.

Fab sorry this happened to you. Girl he would have seen me in all my glory because i sure would have got up and left.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: The colochas would have been all over the place eh??? LMAO..

YES!!!! I am going to speak up for sure next time. I'm telling this hair thing is new..but they need to stop it.

See my skin is too sensitive for them to be on my face... I bring my own little face cover thing from the Massage warehouse.:lachen::lachen: I don't like using the towels at the gym anyway...recycling those towels being improperly cleaned is ew... plus when I first joined years ago.. I broke out with one of those nasty two headed pimples like twice before I finally decided it was the towels as the culprit

Girl, I know what you mean. They always ask: "so what do you do for a living?" And that always sends my blood pressure up, because that's why I am there to decompress from Work. So, I ain't tryna' talk about that. So, that's why I go in now, asking now, to keep talking to a minimum.:sad:

And on that Deep Tissue......the time I had this one particular guy, I thought for sure he was trying to start my monthly friend.:perplexed I almost jumped off the table he was pressing so hard. OUCH! So, you are right, that deep tissue stuff ain't no joke either.

But Yeah, I'd ask them to skip the Scalp Massage altogether. Ain't Tryna' to leave up outta there Looking Like Don King:spinning:

I did enjoy the facial massage, because it helped relieve my Sinuses and was very relaxing.:look:

It is sad when you rightly assume that someone should know what they're doing, but ethics is one of the hardest things to teach someone, you either have it, or you don't.

Him being there for 7 years is not impressive at all, most of those spa setting take at least 50% off the top, a good therapist usually works into a better setting where they're taking bookings themselves.

The bandaid thing is just nasty... there are, I don't know what else to call them, finger condoms, he could use. Or he could have just not used that finger. If it was really bad, he should not have been doing any work.

You should talk to the manager/owner about your experience. At best, they should comp you another massage. You're probably more stressed now than you were before the massage!

They always ask: "so what do you do for a living?" And that always sends my blood pressure up, because that's why I am there to decompress from Work. :

ITA!!!! I hate that, it's none of their business what I do. It's such an American rude question, right up there with "how much did you pay for your house?"

Girl, I know what you mean. They always ask: "so what do you do for a living?" And that always sends my blood pressure up, because that's why I am there to decompress from Work. So, I ain't tryna' talk about that. So, that's why I go in now, asking now, to keep talking to a minimum.:sad:

And on that Deep Tissue......the time I had this one particular guy, I thought for sure he was trying to start my monthly friend.:perplexed I almost jumped off the table he was pressing so hard. OUCH! So, you are right, that deep tissue stuff ain't no joke either.

But Yeah, I'd ask them to skip the Scalp Massage altogether. Ain't Tryna' to leave up outta there Looking Like Don King:spinning:

I did enjoy the facial massage, because it helped relieve my Sinuses and was very relaxing.:look:

Yes massages are good for you.. they keep your circulatory system in order and help expel toxins...lord knows I gotta lot of toxins! :lachen:They also help with promoting weight loss and muscle repair.. After hitting the gym for 7 days straight..gotta recharge. That's my recharge.

I had a little 4 foot eastern european woman give me a deep tissue so hard one time I had tears coming from eyes... I wanted to call the police (or at least security on her little a$$)... :lachen::lachen:

Umm and yes I looked like my name was Jurnee ('member her... when she was a kid..her hair was a mess) and I didn't have a brush!

It is sad when you rightly assume that someone should know what they're doing, but ethics is one of the hardest things to teach someone, you either have it, or you don't.

Him being there for 7 years is not impressive at all, most of those spa setting take at least 50% off the top, a good therapist usually works into a better setting where they're taking bookings themselves.

The bandaid thing is just nasty... there are, I don't know what else to call them, finger condoms, he could use. Or he could have just not used that finger. If it was really bad, he should not have been doing any work.

You should talk to the manager/owner about your experience. At best, they should comp you another massage. You're probably more stressed now than you were before the massage!
:yep::yep::yep:

Hey Dak are you a masseuse...? You know your stuff lady!!

Hey Dak are you a masseuse...? You know your stuff lady!!

Yep, I've done massage for over 20 years, I teach yoga mainly now though. I've had friends that own massage schools, we've talked about how hard it is to teach ethics, unfortunately, massage attracts a lot of airy/fairy nut jobs.

Gawd! I guess I'll thank my lucky stars I've always had men that were very good @ their job!

The first guy I ever went to was in Atlanta @ Spa Sydell (the one in Buckhead if I remember correctly). Lemme tell you somethin, Geoffrey turned my azs out! He massaged my scalp AND kept my hair tangle free after he kept creepin up the nape to do a stealth weave check :laugh:

I won't let a woman touch me, Geoffrey messed it up for everybody! Dang Fab, you gotta speak up! That massage wouldve been ova as soon as the scraggly band aid touched my skin lol!!!

Agreed. Take control. I actually prefer females and I'm hetero (like you were saying). I also prefer female gynecologists. Because they have what I have they know what I'm going through. It's about getting what you want. I once tried a guy masseuse and he actually tried to massage my buns (and I'm not talking hair:blush:) plus he kept telling me how beautiful I was and my body. Now this is in a straight up massage parlor where I'd come before and had women massage me with no problems. I felt really uncomfortable and I know my boyfriend would've wanted to kick his you know. But now I know that some people like want every part of them massaged, but I KNOW I never had women reaching up in my towel and I had to be like "no!" after feeling my buns being massaged. They never did that. And the hair. I did have them trying that, but I just tell them no. Like you I think all masseuses sometimes try that whether they are male or female. And either way, I don't want massage oil up in my hair either!

Also the BAND AID? NO WAY. That's when you stop them just like I stopped bun guy ( and I'm talking butt buns). I just got up and left there. I don't care about embarassing anyone when I'm feeling uncomfortable! And then you DON'T pay and you contact management and tell them how you feel.

*fabulosity*;8196090 I don't know how I come across online...but I do try to be subtle IRL. Like I'm not the angry black woman (which I am) :lachen::lachen: .[/quote said:
:rofl:

That was pretty bad. I actually loooooooooove getting my scalp massaged though. :look: I'd just go right before it was time for a wash. :lick:

Last edited:
Back