Married Ladies, How Is Your Home Decorated?

:drool: :drool: OMG I would be in heaven if this was my home. I like a formal yet warm look. DH is very down to earth and likes things to look lived in. I'm trying to teach him to be more pretentious. :lol:

Yes, bought it about a month ago. Washed it immediately and once more since then, it's doing great.

Side note, my husband works with celebrities and the ultra rich, and he recognized quite a few Anthro pieces (beds and bedding) from their homes. I thought that was interesting, given the price points.

mstar I love the style in that photo! What style is that?

Want!!

I haven't set foot in Anthropologie in years. Their clothes were not my thing.

I had a dark purple velvet (or some other fabric) loveseat a few years ago. It didn't make a long distance move with me but it was cute. It was my first proper piece of furniture.

That room in the OP was terrible. Okay not terrible but not great lol. She looks too old for some of that stuff.

Yeah, that's a bit much for a home that a man lives in...IMO. Maybe 1/3 of those elements would be okay, but I feel all of it together is too feminine overall for a marital living room.

We compromise, although I would like things to be a little more feminine. DH is in a design field and does this stuff everyday, so I generally defer to his expertise and judgment. But I do have a purple velvet couch. :lol:

And I just got new bedding which is a little feminine, but surprisingly he liked it -- the Georgina bedding from Anthropologie in the lilac color (without the bedskirt):

093707_055_b

Mine is a mix. We have a traditional Tuscan theme throughout our home. We shop together (even for accessories), so there's never an issue. Whenever we're out and we see something that's 100% my personal, feminine style, I say things like "If I were single, this is what my place would look like." lol

Back