Married Ladies, How Is Your Home Decorated?

FemmeFatale

Is it very feminine? A mix of masculine and feminine? Is it neutral?

I follow quite a few interior decorators on Youtube and IG and I'm always a bit shocked when I see their marital homes, it's like barbie land minus the pink :lol: And don't get me wrong, I like the tufted glamour trend that's out heavy now but I would want my husband to feel at home too :lol: One

Here's what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqRi4rkWfgY

It's less feminine than I would like.

I watch real housewives of Beverly hills and Lisa's home is all pinks and glam which I love but there's no way that would fly here.

I sneak in little touches here and there and mix feminine and masculine. I think we have a good compromise going.

It's less feminine than I would like. I watch real housewives of Beverly hills and Lisa's home is all pinks and glam which I love but there's no way that would fly here. I sneak in little touches here and there and mix feminine and masculine. I think we have a good compromise going.

Yeah Lisa's home is too much, even for me, lol.

Yeah like that pink bed. :lol: But I love the mirrored furniture and all the pink rose arrangements. Eileen's house is way too masculine for me. I think Yolanda's house is a perfect mix. Lemme see if I can find some pics...

I love Yolanda's and Kyles home. Kyles home is the most realistic out of everyone's.

I think my decor sense is very gender neutral. I like a lot of open space, cool neutrals (grey), and minimal decor.

ETA whoops sorry to participate im not married but if I was this is how it would still be lol

I think my decor sense is very gender neutral. I like a lot of open space, cool neutrals (grey), and minimal decor. ETA whoops sorry to participate im not married but if I was this is how it would still be lol
You can participate but I was curious how some wives were living..lol. I have a feeling I'll have to get rid of some stuff myself, lol.

It just depends on the guy. Some don't care, mine used to be really opinionated but he's ok with pinks in certain places. We've morphed to the pint that we like the same stuff now. Think Kate Spades house.

Yeah, that's a bit much for a home that a man lives in...IMO. Maybe 1/3 of those elements would be okay, but I feel all of it together is too feminine overall for a marital living room.

We compromise, although I would like things to be a little more feminine. DH is in a design field and does this stuff everyday, so I generally defer to his expertise and judgment. But I do have a purple velvet couch. :lol:

And I just got new bedding which is a little feminine, but surprisingly he liked it -- the Georgina bedding from Anthropologie in the lilac color (without the bedskirt):

093707_055_b

It's decorated the way I want it to be. :lol: dh doesn't care what I do.
DH is working on a project right now for this lady who's ultra feminine. They're doing fuchsia glass tile in her shower, fuchsia and hot pink in the bedroom. He says her husband doesn't care at all what she does. I was a little salty over that. :lol:

Yeah, that's a bit much for a home that a man lives in...IMO. Maybe 1/3 of those elements would be okay, but I feel all of it together is too feminine overall for a marital living room. We compromise, although I would like things to be a little more feminine. DH is in a design field and does this stuff everyday, so I generally defer to his expertise and judgment. But I do have a purple velvet couch. :lol: And I just got new bedding which is a little feminine, but surprisingly he liked it -- the Georgina bedding from Anthropologie in the lilac color (without the bedskirt):

I'm always eyeing anthro's bedding. I have seen it in person and wonders if it stands up as well as their glassware which isn't at all.

Have you used it yet? It may be too early but have you washed it yet?

Yeah, that's a bit much for a home that a man lives in...IMO. Maybe 1/3 of those elements would be okay, but I feel all of it together is too feminine overall for a marital living room. We compromise, although I would like things to be a little more feminine. DH is in a design field and does this stuff everyday, so I generally defer to his expertise and judgment. But I do have a purple velvet couch. :lol: And I just got new bedding which is a little feminine, but surprisingly he liked it -- the Georgina bedding from Anthropologie in the lilac color (without the bedskirt):

Yeah it's cute but men like to lounge and spread their legs on stuff. Her place has an untouchable feel to it. Like women can manage that alone but with men and kids?! It's over, lol.

I want and hope to have all boys, I'm sure my home will be very neutral, something like Eileen's and I'll have my own boudoir :lol:

I like the anthro bedding but I would prob get a neutral shade, reminds me of some bedding I see on Joss and Main.

DH is working on a project right now for this lady who's ultra feminine. They're doing fuchsia glass tile in her shower, fuchsia and hot pink in the bedroom. He says her husband doesn't care at all what she does. I was a little salty over that. :lol:

Right? That would make my life a lot easier.

On the flip side, a friend of mine doesn't care about decor so whatever her dh says goes. Everything is dark brown leather.

Our home is not ultra feminine at all. I'd say more of a "country living magazine" style in my head.

DH doesn't weigh in very much so I try and consider his tastes when selecting pieces. We've just moved and are pretty much starting from scratch.

Think Kate Spades house.
Kate%20Spade%20home_zpscd0r1uv4.jpg

:drool: :drool: OMG I would be in heaven if this was my home. I like a formal yet warm look. DH is very down to earth and likes things to look lived in. I'm trying to teach him to be more pretentious. :lol:

I'm always eyeing anthro's bedding. I have seen it in person and wonders if it stands up as well as their glassware which isn't at all.

Have you used it yet? It may be too early but have you washed it yet?
Yes, bought it about a month ago. Washed it immediately and once more since then, it's doing great.

Side note, my husband works with celebrities and the ultra rich, and he recognized quite a few Anthro pieces (beds and bedding) from their homes. I thought that was interesting, given the price points.

I don't like pink and feminine designs myself, so my house is not like that at all. I love neutral colors like gray-beige-brown-offwhite... We more or less have the same idea about what looks good in our home.

Kate%20Spade%20home_zpscd0r1uv4.jpg
:drool: :drool: OMG I would be in heaven if this was my home. I like a formal yet warm look. DH is very down to earth and likes things to look lived in. I'm trying to teach him to be more pretentious. :lol: Yes, bought it about a month ago. Washed it immediately and once more since then, it's doing great. Side note, my husband works with celebrities and the ultra rich, and he recognized quite a few Anthro pieces (beds and bedding) from their homes. I thought that was interesting, given the price points.
Gorgeous :drunk: I love the window treatments...

Last edited:
I think Restoration Hardware has the perfect mix of feminine and masculine pieces. I was just in there today..

Attachments

• image-1126771863.jpg
    image-1126771863.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 175
Everything is done in shades of white, tan, cream and gold with a few pops or color for accents. It's pretty gender neutral but you can tell a woman lives here. Crate and Barrel and HomeGoods are my favorite stores. i

It's neutral but you know a woman leaves here.

I'm trying to move to a bigger home there I would have a more formal but comfortable feel in most areas of the house just one super indoor/outdoor lounging seating for hanging out.

Yes I've seen pieces here and there. Large pieces for a large home too.But yeah I can't ever get 100% into that store.
I let my husband talk me out of getting nursery furniture from there with our first. I still regret it.

Besides that I like their light fixtures a lot.

Back