March 28,29,30 What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Washing my freshly (3 weeks now) big chopped hair. Trying to figure out this dryness....not sure if it's dry or just crunchy.

Either way I've stopped shampooing until I can figure it out and just co-washing, I might have to move co-washes up from every 5 days to every three. Black castor and coconut oil seem to be great in my hair.

Co-washing with organix (ogx) argan oil and shea butter, also trying out the macademia conditioner today too. I think I'll try 3 strand twists for the first time too. Do any of your ladies know a good way to learn your hair type and porosity?

I did my triple threat deep condition today.

Prepoo with strinillah with hairveda and moisture pro light protein concentrated on the ends

Wash with KK Come Clean shampoo

Light condition with moisture 24/7 and elasta qp breakage serum to vulnerable areas. ends,hairline, ponytail securing site.

Rinsed and applied more moisture 24/7 to the vulnerable areas that were protein treated.

Oil rinse hairline only with Jardin oil.

Applied Kinky Curly Knot Today to length of hair.

Ecostyler Brown gel to smooth hair and air dry in ponytail.

I usually don't do this much to my hair,but my ends felt like they needed fortification and my hairline is dry. So I had to get hardcore!

Last edited:
Steamed in Nutrifix, rinsed, steamed in bask whiskey soak topped with grapeseed oil. Will finish up today by steaming bask yam, honey, grapeseed oil mix.

prepoo with philip kingsley elasticizer
shampoo with macadamia nut oil rejuvenating shampoo
DC with macadamia oil deep repair masque
Leave in: silk dreams wgbc
Seal with a bit of grapeseed oil
Chunky Twist with thenaturalme whipped shea butter
Air dry
Rock a curly fro to work all week

Didn't make it around to deep conditioning the other day so I spent some time today giving my hair some much needed TLC. I trimmed my ends and now I am deep conditioning with SM restorative conditioner sealed with castor oil. I focused the castor oil on my ends, seems like I can never get them moisturized completely. They stay dry and I never use heat or small tooth combs.

Thorough shampoo with It's a 10 Shampoo
Apply It's a 10 DC and Vatika Frosting to length
Detangle
Steam
Rinse
Perm rod set with It's a 10 leave in and serum
Pibbs to dry
Moisturize with Entwine Butter Cream and Seal with BASK Sevenfold
3 bantu knots to stretch hair further

Hot oil treatment on my scalp last night
Clay wash & dc with AO GPB today :)
I'll also be making a shea mix today.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Did an overnight prepoo with softee herbal gro over my oil mix. Mud wash this morning and am now about to rinse out my DC. Then I will detangle, put in about 12 twists, and band overnight to dry.

PREPOO:
Olive
Grapeseed
Avocado
Jojoba
Wheat germ
Almond
Castor
Coconut
Peppermint
Lavender
Tea tree

+
image-71964625.jpg
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Wheat Germ Oil, Safflower Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamins A, E, Paraffin, Indian Hemp, Jaborandi, Nettle, Rosemary, Birch, Burdock, Rosehips, Irishmoss, Coltsfoot, Dandelion, Yellow Dock, Elder Flowers, Brewers Yeast, Shave Grass, Enchinacea, Wild Cherry Bark, Nepeta Cataria, BHT, Fragrance, Yellow 11, Green 5.

MUD WASH
image-1627300421.jpg
image-2938762916.jpg

DEEP CONDITIONER
image-2888652766.jpg
image-2449623757.jpg

DETANGLER
image-3949506213.jpg

image-3787066403.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Wash and then do a quick protein treatment with JOICO K-PAK recontruct, followed by DC under the dryer with JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm. Then in to a bun it goes.

*sigh* I had no intention of doing my hair this weekend but SM gel souffle left hair felling so gross.
-shampoo with Bobeam cheris bar
-dc using Silk dreams vanilla silk cream moisture dream
-moisturize and seal

Pre-pooing with KV Fenugreek Oil on my scalp, and EVCO on the length overnight.

The rest will bleed into tomorrow:
-Clarify out cones with Joico K-Pak Clarifying Poo
-Henna treatment
-DC with Bee Mine Bee u ti ful
-I'm on the fence about what I'll LCO with, before putting my hair in three-four Ms. Celie braids, for my signature braid out.

E-Sistahs please :pray: for me that my curls comeback!

^^Lord please:pray: bring my e-sista's curls back bouncier and shinier than ever. Amen.
MileHighDiva, why aren't you doing a protein treatment?

ronie, do you think I should put off my henna treatment and do a protein treatment instead? That would be easier, regarding time.

ETA: I wonder if I can do both with out causing a problem?

MileHighDiva

I don't think I'd do both. How does your hair react to henna? Does it strengthen your strands? I'd do one or the other, whichever you think will reinforce your curl pattern the best.

Lots of luck!

MileHighDiva
I would do a protein treatment to restore the keratin of the strands. You are clarifying as well, so it's the best time to get that protein in. Then you can do the henna next week. Either way, good luck. I know you know what you're doing.

MileHighDiva

I don't think I'd do both. How does your hair react to henna? Does it strengthen your strands? I'd do one or the other, whichever you think will reinforce your curl pattern the best.

Lots of luck!

toaster, henna strengthens my strands, but it's not a protein treatment.

ronie, I'm shifting gears due to both you and Ms.Toaster's advice. I'll test out the Komaza Care Protein Strengthener in lieu of doing a henna treatment.

I just deep conditioned, moisturized/sealed, and twisted my hair. Lil' Miss is now wrapped in her satin bonnet for the night. (I thought about hennaing my hair. but too much trouble goes into it. So I'm over it.)

Regimen Remix(What Really Happened):

- Pre-pooed overnight with EVCO on the length and KV Fenugreek on my Scalp.
-DC on dry hair for two hours with New Era Moisturizer. Third ingredient is hydrolyzed animal protein.
-Cleansed with Joico Clarifying Poo.
-Medium protein treatment with SSI Oprah Winfrey for 45 minutes, under heat cap.
-Currently, under heat cap with Claudie's Revitalizer Avocado Intense Conditioner.
- I still haven't decided what I'll LCO with.

* I'm going to wait till next wash day to do my henna treatment.

BTW, my curls came back from the March 20th flat ironing session! :happydance:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Back