March 11 12 13 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

My routine for today:
Detangled and applied Komaza Pona Scalp Treatment
Washed with EO Shampoo
Did komaza protein strengthener and sat under the dryer with in for 15-20 mins ( do this at least once a month, if you need a discount code for this product you can use mine: T4ZJUSF2 )
Deep conditioning with Darcys Pumpkinseed condish for 20-30 mins right now
I will detangle with Darcys daily leave-in and twist my hurr up to wear in a loose bun/ ponytail all week long

Last edited:
It went great!

Positives:
1. She noted that my hair had obvious increased length and thickness as well as better moisture retention.

2.My hemline (or weightline is what I think she calls it) still looked pretty good since she gave me a cut at my first visit, so she only had to dust this time around.

Things to work on/change:
1. I still have some shorter broken pieces down my middle part (this is a chronic issue which we attribute to how I handle the hair in that area) but there are less noticeable. I just need to be more careful and deliberate about how I handle that area and ensure I have clean parts when cornrowing my hair under wigs to ensure less hair being captured between braids.

2. She recommended keeping the braids in for 4 weeks instead of 2 - cowashing/dc in braids at the two week mark, and doing the whole shebang including blowdry at the 4 week mark. This is all with the aim of reducing manipulation.

3. Remember to always approach my detangle process with intention. Be deliberate and gentle. This one I have to constantly remind myself of because I am someone who will just rush and rip out hair when I am tired.

Overall I will say that using wigs as a protective style as a part of this simplified hair regimen has really worked well with my work/residency schedule. Also I am seeing progress, so I am happy thus far.

If you asked me 5 yrs ago if I would ever wear a wig, the answer would be no. Now?!? Wig head representing! LOL.
Very helpful @bajandoc86. Thank you because somtimes I rush to detangle for the same reason as yours.

Last edited:
It went great!
Overall I will say that using wigs as a protective style as a part of this simplified hair regimen has really worked well with my work/residency schedule. Also I am seeing progress, so I am happy thus far.

If you asked me 5 yrs ago if I would ever wear a wig, the answer would be no. Now?!? Wig head representing! LOL.
@bajandoc86 your Brown Sugar wig was so cute that I was inspired to get on the wig train. I've been rocking one for the past month and loving it!!

Back