Mango Butter Texturizer?

Irresistible

I dont know what it is.....But that Elasta QP Mango butter works like a texturizer or somethin on my hair, i swear (which is a good thing and kinda scarey all at once)....i mean this is no coincindence...it keeps happening. after a total botch job tryin to frenchbraid (for Anna (DeeplyRooted) and Femaluniqnes) i had so many tangles and mess after , that i just grabbed the mango butter , gobbed it on ..and put it up....and im like whoa , what is with this stuff? and I (we) thought Avacodo Butter was doin somethin....nah not even close compared to this stuff!!

anyway pics of the botched frenchbraid job (gimme some time to work on my skills lol) and the mango butter pics are on Fotki of course.

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/

I saw your pictures and the front of your hair looks like it was relaxed more than texturized. I saw no frizzies! I have to start using my mango butter again!

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I saw your pictures and the front of your hair looks like it was relaxed more than texturized. I saw no frizzies! I have to start using my mango butter again!

[/ QUOTE ] Girl that stuff is a trip!!!

In one of your pictures you said the mango butter made you hair hard? ... or was I misreading it??

[ QUOTE ]
LiLi said:
In one of your pictures you said the mango butter made you hair hard? ... or was I misreading it??

[/ QUOTE ] no you read right...its not the most softening/moisturizing product..well it isnt in my hair at least. its makes it hard compared to what im used to i should say...and when its all in there after being used on dry hair its hard to comb through..again at least it is on my hair

Your french braids are really cute, I wish when my hair was longer I could've made french braids that looked HALF that good!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Your french braids are really cute, I wish when my hair was longer I could've made french braids that looked HALF that good!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
gurrrl they were a mess and majorly tangled...i took em right back down
ohwell.gif
hair was getting stuck all around my fingers..it was a mess.. and it hurt
frown.gif

Your hair is gorgeous....Irresistible....Your daughter's hair is gorgeous as well...I really like the mango butter effect on your hair.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Irresistable, your hair is beautiful. Right now I am debating about what to do with my hair, but you really inspire me to stay natural. I'm weaved or braided 90% of the time, but I'm trying to get to where you are. That mango butter, I have used it before and it kinda worked like schellac (sp?) Does it still work when you mix it with oil? I love oil, but I have feeling it drip down my neck at work while I'm standing over a copier.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
Your hair is gorgeous....Irresistible....Your daughter's hair is gorgeous as well...I really like the mango butter effect on your hair.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you girl!!!

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
Irresistable, your hair is beautiful. Right now I am debating about what to do with my hair, but you really inspire me to stay natural. I'm weaved or braided 90% of the time, but I'm trying to get to where you are. That mango butter, I have used it before and it kinda worked like schellac (sp?) Does it still work when you mix it with oil? I love oil, but I have feeling it drip down my neck at work while I'm standing over a copier.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you!!!! wow , yeah thats a good way to describe it...i had said it made my hair look almost "glassy" , i guess i was trying to say the same thing. i wont even touch the stuff unless my hair is very well oiled..i dont mix it , i just put it on my hair after making sure its well oiled...it seems to be easier to work through with a comb if the hair is wet either with a watery type leave in or water,

how long have you been natural? you know i wore my hair in braids back to back for a few years ....so hang in there....the pay off is great
smile.gif

btw when using lots of oil (which i always do cause i love it) i always leave the house with a papertowel...and i dont care what people think at me wiping my neck anymore
laugh.gif

Re: Irresistable

I have been naural for about two years. I cut all my hair off, to bald almost. I had gotten some tied zillions, and the lady put glue all on the ends of the braids.
frown.gif
My hair is now about 3 inches below my shoulders when it is pressed out. But the shrinkage is ncredible. It shrinks up to my shoulders in the back, and higher than my chin in the front. I take vitamins, the modified Bargello thing. I too use a lot of oil. I have baby wipes in my desk, haha. When I do my hair, I wear those men's white T shirts, because you can get 5 for $10 at the Beauty Supply store. Then I can wash them with bleach and get all the grease out. I use white towels when I do my hair for that same reason.

So, if I saturate my hair with some oil first, then put the Mango Butter over it, it won't make my hair turn into brown paste? That is good to know. I love the shine I get from it, and it really does work like glue, to hold the hair in place. I have frizz issues. But washing it out is a workout.
frown.gif
But it looks so glossy and shiny, like platinum blingin' off of 50 Cent's neck. LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
I have been naural for about two years. I cut all my hair off, to bald almost. I had gotten some tied zillions, and the lady put glue all on the ends of the braids.
frown.gif
My hair is now about 3 inches below my shoulders when it is pressed out. But the shrinkage is ncredible. It shrinks up to my shoulders in the back, and higher than my chin in the front. I take vitamins, the modified Bargello thing. I too use a lot of oil. I have baby wipes in my desk, haha. When I do my hair, I wear those men's white T shirts, because you can get 5 for $10 at the Beauty Supply store. Then I can wash them with bleach and get all the grease out. I use white towels when I do my hair for that same reason.

So, if I saturate my hair with some oil first, then put the Mango Butter over it, it won't make my hair turn into brown paste? That is good to know. I love the shine I get from it, and it really does work like glue, to hold the hair in place. I have frizz issues. But washing it out is a workout.
frown.gif
But it looks so glossy and shiny, like platinum blingin' off of 50 Cent's neck. LOL!

[/ QUOTE ] oh ok, so its just a matter of time for you!! never be fooled that after two years thats its even close to where its gonna be/get...thats what i thought too...each year it just kept growing. its just about patience, which i know is hard. lol i have hair towels too and im'a borrow the t'shirt idea....cause i have some here that i just bought on sale , just figured i might sleep in them, but i like your idea

smile.gif

yeah thats what i do, just have plently oil in my hair first....it doesnt turn into a paste....but used on dry (not wet) hair its kinda gooky and hard..but no paste lol. these types of products kinda scare me though...i wonder about the long term effects with something that changes the hair like this....but i love how it blings like you said and lays the hair...so im not so quick to give up on it on what ifs...i posted here asking about any long term users and nobody said anything negative....so that was my green light....i had chilled on it for a minute , but was blown away by it again this morning.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Man, I wish that stuff worked for me that well. I'm tempted to give it another try.
perplexed.gif

[/ QUOTE ] did you only use a little? cause girl i piled it on my hair....to give you an idea of how much....about half the jar, i dont think just a little bit would do the same thing

This stuff does work like a texturizer!...but after my hair drys my hair looks like its been in a strawset. Everbody asks me "where did you get your strawset done at?" I would say that the mango butter did it but then they wouldnt understand
laugh.gif

Plus I spray something else on top of it after I apply the mango butter so then it feels like velvet
love.gif

I'm glad to hear that, because right now I am getting so discouraged and I'm starting to want a perm or a texturizer. I want to be natural for as long as possible. I'm not anti-perm or anti-relaxer. I just wanted to see wht my natural hair could do. I just want it to get longer. I'm battling with split ends, I had some inches cut off in January and I really wanted to cry. It's frustrating to deal with my hair because it's not yet long enough to do the daily ponytails, buns...but it is too long to just shake and go (and still have it look professional). I just don't kow what to do with my hair.

You and hairlove are my favorite albums because it goes into so much detail about what you do with your hair, and the different styling options. I think my hair is a cross between Hairlove's, NYCGurl4Eva's and yours. I look to NYCGurl for weave styles and just to see her makeup stuff, you for just general styles and "It will be okay one day" inspiration, and hailove for a step by step breakdown of what to do. Plus she is so dedicated to caring for her hair. Her and Don'tSpekDefeat realy break it down and I appreciate that.

I just want this **it to grow more. Right now it seems like it's not growing. When I go to get it braided, they see it, they say it's growing, but I don't. I just wish the hair fairy would come tap me on the scalp with her growth wand. Seeing my hair hard pressed is the only time I get inspired. And that is only about once every 4 months or so.

I am really frustrated. Especially with it being summer. I thought I would have 12 inches more since I joined this board last year. Sometimes I get discouraged and just say ***k it and rake through my hair, go to sleep with it out....
frown.gif
I'll be okay though. I just gotta hold off until I get it braided next week, then I will feel better because I won't have to look at it.

I suddenly had problems with getting little knots when I started using this product last year, but I dunno. Maybe it was the Profectiv phase oil giving me grief. Besides that, it did nothing for my hair or my mom's but the smell was tangy, I loved it.

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
I'm glad to hear that, because right now I am getting so discouraged and I'm starting to want a perm or a texturizer. I want to be natural for as long as possible. I'm not anti-perm or anti-relaxer. I just wanted to see wht my natural hair could do. I just want it to get longer. I'm battling with split ends, I had some inches cut off in January and I really wanted to cry. It's frustrating to deal with my hair because it's not yet long enough to do the daily ponytails, buns...but it is too long to just shake and go (and still have it look professional). I just don't kow what to do with my hair.

You and hairlove are my favorite albums because it goes into so much detail about what you do with your hair, and the different styling options. I think my hair is a cross between Hairlove's, NYCGurl4Eva's and yours. I look to NYCGurl for weave styles and just to see her makeup stuff, you for just general styles and "It will be okay one day" inspiration, and hailove for a step by step breakdown of what to do. Plus she is so dedicated to caring for her hair. Her and Don'tSpekDefeat realy break it down and I appreciate that.

I just want this **it to grow more. Right now it seems like it's not growing. When I go to get it braided, they see it, they say it's growing, but I don't. I just wish the hair fairy would come tap me on the scalp with her growth wand. Seeing my hair hard pressed is the only time I get inspired. And that is only about once every 4 months or so.

I am really frustrated. Especially with it being summer. I thought I would have 12 inches more since I joined this board last year. Sometimes I get discouraged and just say ***k it and rake through my hair, go to sleep with it out....
frown.gif
I'll be okay though. I just gotta hold off until I get it braided next week, then I will feel better because I won't have to look at it.

[/ QUOTE ] I had tons of splits at first too...i guess it was still some relaxed hair in there...but that stopped. im so glad to hear my (and others) albums inspire someone...i mean sometimes it feel silly takin so many hair pics...and i dont do that many styles so they usually all look the same and for me im not really growing much anymore..so its not even like im documenting progress. i plan on stopping taking pics soon...cause im like there isnt very many different types of pics i can take , unless i do something different lol.

and yes, braids always made me feel better and took my mind off my hair , they were a Godsend i swear...cause sometimes i would start chopping and totally mess my hair up just at the frustration....do you take a good vitamin regimen? its amazing how much good nutrition can jump start things....otherwise you just gotta hang in there girl. braids will help you get through it and before you know it you will have the ease of the pony tail and bun
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
This stuff does work like a texturizer!...but after my hair drys my hair looks like its been in a strawset. Everbody asks me "where did you get your strawset done at?" I would say that the mango butter did it but then they wouldnt understand
laugh.gif

Plus I spray something else on top of it after I apply the mango butter so then it feels like velvet
love.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yeah it looks beautiful on your hair...so you dont feel the hardness/dryness sometimes? what spray do you use????? huh???? huh???? do tell!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I suddenly had problems with getting little knots when I started using this product last year, but I dunno. Maybe it was the Profectiv phase oil giving me grief. Besides that, it did nothing for my hair or my mom's but the smell was tangy, I loved it.

[/ QUOTE ]actually it might have been this stuff...its seems to not be very moisturizing. it definitely smells good
lick.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
laugh.gif

love.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yeah it looks beautiful on your hair...so you dont feel the hardness/dryness sometimes? what spray do you use????? huh???? huh???? do tell!!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The spray I use is the Dark N lovely Citrus Braid Spray. I have not felt the dryness or hardness of it after I started using the Braid spray
smile.gif
I know what you're talking about though. I experienced the dryness/hardness when I was using the Mango Butter alone. Like after I co washed and put in on damp hair it felt nice for a short while but at the end of the day my hair was dry and crunchy feeling. I think Its the Glycerine in the spray that helps it. I only spray about 2-3x all over and thats it. One time I used too much and it was not a pretty picture
nono.gif
those have been the only two prodcts that I have been using on my hair and nuthing else, Im getting fab results with the combo
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
laugh.gif

love.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The spray I use is the Dark N lovely Citrus Braid Spray. I have not felt the dryness or hardness of it after I started using the Braid spray
smile.gif
I know what you're talking about though. I experienced the dryness/hardness when I was using the Mango Butter alone. Like after I co washed and put in on damp hair it felt nice for a short while but at the end of the day my hair was dry and crunchy feeling. I think Its the Glycerine in the spray that helps it. I only spray about 2-3x all over and thats it. One time I used too much and it was not a pretty picture
nono.gif
those have been the only two prodcts that I have been using on my hair and nuthing else, Im getting fab results with the combo
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] oh ok, thank you , im kinda scurred of glycerine these days after what i saw it do to my daughter's hair , but its not high in the ingredient list and used occasionaly im sure it would be fine...another thing that helps with the hardness instantly is Elasta QP recovery...so i willl check out your spray and keep them both on hand and ready to use
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:

frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - Thank you for all of the compliments! I'm glad my hair album is helpful to you.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
I dont know what it is.....But that Elasta QP Mango butter works like a texturizer or somethin on my hair, i swear (which is a good thing and kinda scarey all at once)....i mean this is no coincindence...it keeps happening. after a total botch job tryin to frenchbraid (for Anna (DeeplyRooted) and Femaluniqnes) i had so many tangles and mess after , that i just grabbed the mango butter , gobbed it on ..and put it up....and im like whoa , what is with this stuff? and I (we) thought Avacodo Butter was doin somethin....nah not even close compared to this stuff!!

anyway pics of the botched frenchbraid job (gimme some time to work on my skills lol) and the mango butter pics are on Fotki of course.

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I go outta town for the weekend, and looka you!
shocked.gif
Them braids look good, Irrisistablbtch! You're lookin' JUST like Jamie Foster from Sista 2 Sista.
grin.gif
Brava, girl, brava!
clap.gif

Back