Love/Hate with QP Mango Butter

I ordered the QP Mango Butter from the rave reviews and Im in love with it. :drunk: Also the smell is so good, and it last with me for ahwile, which I like.

However I used some last night and woke up this morning, my hair felt kind of dry. :perplexed Not brillo pad dry, but my hair was still moist but it felt kind of dry, I put it on my pony tail and bun it up.

Im thinking because its a protein moisturizer maybe. I try not to use it everyday and balance my hair with shea butter moisturizer.

Have any of you experience this? Is this normal?

Please tell me im not the only one, cause I love this stuff and don't want to depart from it.

I felt the same way about this product. It's good for slicking buns down and what not, but you have to constantly reapply. I upgraded to QB's Burdock Butter Creme and gave my little sis the Elasta QP. I think Elasta QP is good for folks who are first starting out with the moisturizing everyday thing since it's cheap and effective. However, IMO, there are better moisturizers out there.

YES!! I always used Elasta QP Mango Butter as a protein moisturizer. It was also good to put in my hair before braiding it in cornrows for a braidout. It does have silk protein in it, even though it's towards the bottom of the list:

Ingredients:
Aqua(purified water), squalane(olive oil derived), caprylic/capric triglyceride(coconut oil derived), peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium methosulfate, hexadecanol, cetearyl alcohol, ceterareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, mangifera indica (MANG0) seed butter, theobroma cacao (COCOA) seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance, fd&c yellow no.5 (CI 19140)

It could also be the cones drying out your hair. A really good alternative is using pure mango butter. Now that's some good stuff.

I've used it during my whole re-relaxed journey...and it has worked good as a moisturizer for me. That is until my hair started growing past shoulder length...it seems my hair is used to the product or that my hair has just changed...not sure...nevertheless I just purchased b and b oil moisturizer...I'll see how that goes, I also have the qhemet line, so I'll be trying both of these.

I went out and bought some Elasta QP mango butter because I heard some good reviews about it and one lady who used it had hair that was in beautiful condition, but my hair hated it. As soon as it touched my hair it immediately felt dry and stiff. I gave it the BOD and thought "maybe it's because I put it on while I had other products in my hair". I tried it again on freshly washed hair and just coated my hair with oil afterward. Still felt like ish. Finally I tried mixing it with a conditioner that my hair loves, still no go. I finally just decided that my hair just didn't like it and that I should stick to what I know. I also tried the Elasta QP DPR deep conditioner, and experienced the same result. Overall, I love the way Elasta QP products smell, but my hair doesn't like them :nono:.

I just bought some today before i had read the thread! May be able to get a refund....

Give it a try it might work for you, from this post you will know what to look for. The smell will "woo" you so be careful. This stuff smell so good.

Give it a try it might work for you, from this post you will know what to look for. The smell will "woo" you so be careful. This stuff smell so good.

I should'nt be so dismissive, so i gave it a go last night on a small section of my hair before i went to bed, I hear you the smell had me in heaven!

After got over my moment i was checking to see if my hair was going dry straight away and this morning i am glad to say it is still feeling moisturised.

So no refund for me!!!

Thanks Princess.

I should'nt be so dismissive, so i gave it a go last night on a small section of my hair before i went to bed, I hear you the smell had me in heaven!

After got over my moment i was checking to see if my hair was going dry straight away and this morning i am glad to say it is still feeling moisturised.

So no refund for me!!!

Thanks Princess.

Good, Im glad it work for you. You one of the lucky ones. :drunk:

My hair loves EQP Mango Butter Moisturizer. I guess its one of those things that works for some and doesn't work for others.

I think I tried to give this stuff a shot about 3 times. It gets so many rave reviews on the forum that I JUST KNEW I had probably used it wrong or something. Alas, it left me with hard dry hair that felt shellacked together.

No moisture at all for me. I think I ended up giving two of the last jars away.

This is still one of my staple products. I don't use it for moisture though; I use it to tame down my frizzies. I only apply it on soaking wet hair too, so maybe I wouldn't like it as much on dry hair.

Interesting. I'm one of the ones it didn't work well for - personally, it was the last straw in the 'let me see what my hair thinks of cones' campaign. It made my hair soft until it dried, then my hair was just dry, dry, dry......

I LOVE It! I've been using it as a moisturizer for a while and when I ran out recently, I ran all over town to find it and in conjunction with my coconut oil, my hair is always soft and never dry! But I am mad! So its really not a moisturizer?

Back