Mane Choice New Line (2017): Heavenly Halo At Target

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Looks like The Mane Choice is coming out with a new line that will be available at Target.

https://www.target.com/p/-/A-52890763

I like the Mane Choice products, they work really good in me and my daughter's hair. I'm guessing she introduced another line simply because everyone's hair responds differently to certain ingredients. Speaking of ingredients I hate that they're not listed for the new collection on the Target website.....

Last edited:
I got the email about this today. I'm new to their products (only have Manetabolism and the split end serum), but I might check this out.

Ok! They need to stop with this. After this line, that's it. There can only be so many pre poos, moisturizers, hair milks, oils, twisting and curling creams out there.

I feel you. In reality, there's no END to the number of companies, brands, lines . . . This can just continue forever.

Putting ingredients first has curbed down my "appetite" for products TREMENDOUSLY. As long as I'm putting the stuff on my scalp, hair, edges, and ends that is associated with super healthy and long hair . . . I just don't feel moved anymore to jump all around.

Maybe this will change. :lachen: But for now, I really can't imagine that anything that comes out will do my hair better than an ayurvedic detox prepoo, organic rice water rinse, aloe Vera juice, an ayurvedic shea butter, an ayurvedic growth oil, and an ayurvedic edge growth oil. I'm just not moved to jump around anymore, products-wise.

They should work on technique and cater to unique hair concerns of differing naturals. There is a huge vacuum for addressing the hair care needs of naturals with kinky coarser hair strands. A lot of natural products and natural hair marketing caters to women who have well defined hair/silkier hair textures even black owned hair companies have become notorious for that.

We need to move towards helping BW who have hair that breaks a lot due the kinky texture of their hair and stop just focusing on naturals with the perfect spiral curls or coils. Or else what makes a black hair company different from a mainstream one.

@YvetteWithJoy, @Sharpened, @shortdub78, @larry3344, I agree with all of you.

Here's the icing on the cake. They released two products last week.

1. Ancient Egyptian Leave In
2. Pink Lemonade Mask

I didn't think too much of them since those lines were already out. But when I saw the new release yesterday I just shook my head.

TMC_AE_Leave-In_large.jpg

image_3ae49213-2e7b-4ebe-bbac-15594ae50bc5_large.jpg

Wow!

Lots of products.

Maybe it feels overwhelming to me but the folks who love particular lines are grateful for the additions.

Wow!

Lots of products.

Maybe it feels overwhelming to me but the folks who love particular lines are grateful for the additions.

That's what I'm thinking too. They are certainly grateful. Someone drove straight to Target to get all the items and then used the pre poo in the car and covered with the Target bag. :abducted:

I guess they figure if other companies can have multiple lines/products, then they could as well.

Wow!

Lots of products.

You know if they wanna create lines, you have stengthening line
Color/chemical, natural, straightening, moisturizing, volumizing, dry itchy scalp, and that's it! But all of the same stuff? That's what gets me. This has Shea Moisture's pattern written all over it

That's what I'm thinking too. They are certainly grateful. Someone drove straight to Target to get all the items and then used the pre poo in the car and covered with the Target bag. :abducted:

I guess they figure if other companies can have multiple lines/products, then they could as well.

Girl, no!!!

Wowwwwwww.

Okay, okay. :look:

Mm! :lol:

ETA: :abducted: indeed!

EATA (edited again to add): "With the Target bag." Just ohhhhhhh! :giggle: :lachen:

You know if they wanna create lines, you have stengthening line
Color/chemical, natural, straightening, moisturizing, volumizing, dry itchy scalp, and that's it! But all of the same stuff? That's what gets me. This has Shea Moisture's pattern written all over it
You are right. There has to be a meaningful logical difference between these lines. Can't be just the scent now.

They have six collections:
Heavenly Halo
Ancient Egyptian
Pink Lemonade
Original Black and Purple
Kids
Give It to Me Straight (think it's being phased out?)

I'm surprised she just announced the new one. I've seen the line at my Target for a few weeks now. I thought I posted in RT about it. Anyhoo...

While I have no plans to try this new line, I am intrigued by the Ancient Egyptian leave in.

Back