Mane Choice New Line (2017): Heavenly Halo At Target

You are not contemplating prepooing under target bags, are you?

:lol:

No, I just . . . When I went from wearing relaxed hair to wearing natural hair, I was just OUTDONE by how time-consuming and effort-consuming it was. ("This can't be my life right now. It's just haaaaaaaiiiiirrrr!")

So I went on a MISSION to get my natural hair care unproblematic for me. I could not be stopped! That resulted in me behaving in ways that are VERY unlike me: VERY FREQUENT purchasing, reading, researching, trialing . . . purchasing.

When I tell you that I probably used 3 products on my relaxed hair and thought about it NOT AT ALL . . . to then have (natural) hair that required so much thought just OFFENDED me. :lol: I was like, "No. NO! . . .

images

. . . I can solve this. I can make it as simple and effortless as was my relaxed hair."

I went in hard trying to "solve" the issue.

I was never going to find the solution by trialing a lot of products, but that's all I knew. The solution for my hair is stretching and ingredients: clay, Shea butter, protein, aloe Vera juice, ayurvedic ingredients to help me thicken my hair and stimulate its growth. That's it.

The only PRODUCTS I really needed to "worry" about were a moisture-infusing DC and a chelating cleanser. It was a long time figuring that out. :smile:

Last edited:

No, I just . . . When I went from wearing relaxed hair to wearing natural hair, I was just OUTDONE by how time-consuming and effort-consuming it was. ("This can't be my life right now. It's just haaaaaaaiiiiirrrr!")

So I went on a MISSION to get my natural hair care unproblematic for me. I could not be stopped! That resulted in me behaving in ways that are VERY unlike me: VERY FREQUENT purchasing, reading, researching, trialing . . . purchasing.

When I tell you that I probably used 3 products on my relaxed hair and thought about it NOT AT ALL . . . to then have (natural) hair that required so much thought just OFFENDED me. :lol: I was like, "No. NO! I can solve this. I can make it as simple and effortless as was my relaxed hair."

I was never going to find the solution by trialing a lot of products, but that's all I knew. The solution for my hair is stretching and ingredients: clay, Shea butter, protein, aloe Vera juice, ayurvedic ingredients to help me thicken my hair and stimulate its growth. That's it.

The only PRODUCTS I really needed to "worry" about were a moisture-infusing DC and a chelating cleanser. It was a long time figuring that out. :smile:

It's like that for almost all of us at the beginning. People think that we are obsessed but we are just unable to accept mediocre results lol And natural hair is really trial and error more than science. You are going to have to be very "prolific" if you really hope to trial ALL of these things and find what your hair truly likes in a reasonably short period of time.

It's like that for almost all of us at the beginning. People think that we are obsessed but we are just unable to accept mediocre results lol And natural hair is really trial and error more than science. You are going to have to be very "prolific" if you really hope to trial ALL of these things and find what your hair truly likes in a reasonably short period of time.

:kiss:

Thanks. That makes me feel tons better. It really does. :smile:

Last edited:
:eek:

:drunk:

:lachen:

Speechless! (And that is hard for me!)

When I tell you that I probably used 3 products on my relaxed hair and thought about it NOT AT ALL . . . to then have (natural) hair that required so much thought just OFFENDED me. :lol: I was like, "No. NO! . . .

images

. . . I can solve this. I can make it as simple and effortless as was my relaxed hair."

I think this happens when you become a DIYer and go on a hair journey period. I know I have purchased more products as a relaxed head vs natural.

When I went to the site, an ad for it popped up and the models looked like a couple of trans. I did a search and found the line, but it is only sold at Target, although the ingredients are there: https://themanechoice.com/search?q=heavenly
Check out the ingredient list for each product. She has some stuff in them that is either Ayuvedic, or I never heard of before.

I like the oil, cream moisturizer, and moisture spray in the original line. I tried the shampoo and my hair didn't care for it. I'm trying not to buy any new products right now...but even if I was interested, prepooing in the car with a target bag is a little much!

Btw my family did think that I am excessive, for real. They only stopped criticizing when they saw my hair growing.
You know that happens to all of us! Lol my mother called me obsessed back in the day. I don't feel I do a lot, but to some that don't do much of anything, it would seem excessive. I just wash, dc, detangle, dry, and style. I do take my time, get under the dryer, and work in sections. Oh and since I have fine hair, I wash and deep condition twice a week.

I'm not mad at Courtney at all...Get Money!

ETA: I'll have to research what umutanga oil and yashimadhu root are tomorrow.
I want her to do well too! Her hair is beautiful and she seems like she has a caring spirit. Just perfect what you have And be mindful of your consumer. You throw a new oil and scent in there and now folks feel this is going to be a game changer... no it isn't.

They have six collections:
Heavenly Halo
Ancient Egyptian
Pink Lemonade
Original Black and Purple
Kids
Give It to Me Straight (think it's being phased out?)

I'm surprised she just announced the new one. I've seen the line at my Target for a few weeks now. I thought I posted in RT about it. Anyhoo...

While I have no plans to try this new line, I am intrigued by the Ancient Egyptian leave in.
I got the AE serum and really like it. i planned on getting the rest of the line for my DD. Maybe I should just use water and grease on her hair? Lol it seems there were a ton of black girls that had thriving long hair due to that!

Back