Making my LHCF Debut! Yall are so Lucky to Have Eachother! lol (Pic HEAVY!)

Your pics are WONDERFUL! I'm a newbie too...and I'm LOVING the tips you put up. I'm going to see if I can get to where you are eventually, thanks for the INSPIRATION!

Welcome to the board! I appreciate your versatility and pics! I have also been studying the same fotki tiny braiders/twisters that you listed. I did a set of medium small twists 2 weeks ago and I want to take it a step further; but need some reassurance of how to volumize the braid style!

Could you please post some pictures of your pixie braided hair from the front. I've had trouble finding anyone with pictures of the front of their hair in tiny braids. How do you style the front to hide the initial scalpy look and add volume? bump it? Flip to the side? The back/side looks good and full, that's for sure!

I actually still find it hard to believe that I can ever do a wash-n-go on this 4b hair- even in braids (for fear of crunchy dry hair plus breakage *yikes). But you (and the other micro-braiders) are making me want to take the risk...

By the way, I look forward to your youtube tutorials. Especially on twisting and flatironing. Do you use the comb chase method?

Welcome to the board!
Wow you hair is so gorgeous!!! :drool: :love:
I love the coils and culrs, the thickness, the length and the versatility! :D

Welcome to the board! I appreciate your versatility and pics! I have also been studying the same fotki tiny braiders/twisters that you listed. I did a set of medium small twists 2 weeks ago and I want to take it a step further; but need some reassurance of how to volumize the braid style!
Hey hun! Thanks. Well you said you did them medium sized, I think that's where you're running into the fullness issue, looking @ ur siggy and avie you clearly have very thick full long hair, you should take a look @ the size Nigerian-Queen and Hamira did their braids, thats the way to go, when you do them smaller the parts are less visible and when you co-wash them it'll fill in nicely with the slight shrinkage.

Next time I do this style I'm gonna make it my business to do them as small as Nigerian-Queen did them, maybe one day I'll try them as small as EbonyPrincessH did her nano's:yep: this style shows me thick long natural hair really can be carefree if you do the right style and care for it properly while its in.

Could you please post some pictures of your pixie braided hair from the front. I've had trouble finding anyone with pictures of the front of their hair in tiny braids. How do you style the front to hide the initial scalpy look and add volume? bump it? Flip to the side? The back/side looks good and full, that's for sure!
Okay I'll definitely post them as soon as I can get my internet connection up and running on this crazy network my campus has:ohwell: ever since I moved in yesterday I haven't been able to log on till just now *sobs*

I actually still find it hard to believe that I can ever do a wash-n-go on this 4b hair- even in braids (for fear of crunchy dry hair plus breakage *yikes). But you (and the other micro-braiders) are making me want to take the risk...
I did too till I gave it a try now I'm wondering what took me so long lol but hey, I didn't know. Yeap just keep it moisturized, I've come to find natural butters and oils are the way to go for moisture for me.

By the way, I look forward to your youtube tutorials. Especially on twisting and flatironing. Do you use the comb chase method?
Thanks!! I'm getting them up asap. Comb chase? Not sure I'm familliar, I press the roots quickly then flatiron the entire length of the hair with a fully ceramic flat iron yea, my tutorials on that will be up shortly:yep:

WOW ! your hair is awesome . so healthy and full . i love it :love: !
I love your hair color and curl definition sooooo pretty:infatuated:

Thanks!! I'm getting them up asap. Comb chase? Not sure I'm familliar, I press the roots quickly then flatiron the entire length of the hair with a fully ceramic flat iron yea, my tutorials on that will be up shortly:yep:

The comb chase method is where you chase a fine tooth comb with the flat iron. It is a method that helps 4b hair (and others) get their hair straight -especially the ends. Its the only way I can get a straight look w/o super crinkles and somewhat busted ends. Here is a great example on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpZmTFLv6g

I can't wait for the pics and videos!

/\
|
|​
OOh! Okay yes lol I do do that, except what I do is I run the comb thru the section of hair first then run the flat iron because I just find it to be tooo much bother to hold it while I'm flat ironing:giggle:

But yea my goal is to start posting them by the end of the week:yep:

Last edited:
I don't know if someone has asked you this one already...

How did you get the nice spirals in the left pic of your siggy?

TIA

PS- Great hair!

Last edited:
You have such beautiful hair. You're so versatile with your styles. I wish I had your creativity. I'm new to posting and your thread is what brought me out of hiding.

You and your hair absolutely lovely.

wowza!! absolutely beautiful hair!!

I love to see ladies with my hair type do so much with their hair!

Welcome, and Happy Hair Growing sis!! :)

I don't know is someone has asked you this on already...

How did you get the nice spirals in the left pic of your siggy?

TIA

PS- Great hair!
It's a straw set using actual straws :) I raided Micey D's, Dunkin Donuts, and the costco cafeteria for straws talkin bout I need em for a science project:giggle:, bought a large box of bobby pins @ the BSS and just got to rollin!! There is a technique you gotta have to roll them and make them stick but my tutorial will cover that when I post em:yep:

You have such beautiful hair. You're so versatile with your styles. I wish I had your creativity. I'm new to posting and your thread is what brought me out of hiding.

You and your hair absolutely lovely.
Wow. Thank you I'm honored!! I think all you need for style versatility is inspiration, you don't have to be a super creative person. I'd see a natural style I loved then just hunt for tutorials on how to do it :) I hope my tutorials will make it easy to understand how I did the look. I'll post my tutorials on LHCF and ask if any further clarificaton is needed....they're coming to a computer screen near you shortly!! ;)

did i seriously just read all 17 pages of this thread? :look: LOL!

thanks for sharing. I cant wait for the youtube vids!!!!!

Thank you so much for the tutorial link to the Pixie braiding... I started doing it on my daughters hair tonights since there is an upcoming 4 day weekend. Although I am doing small twisting instead of the braids because I think they will be easier to take down. With that said did you seal the ends with bees wax? That is what I am doing but I wanted to see if there was another kind because for some odd reason it isn't staying like I want it so I may do the shea butter then the bees wax.

Thank you so much for the tutorial link to the Pixie braiding... I started doing it on my daughters hair tonights since there is an upcoming 4 day weekend. Although I am doing small twisting instead of the braids because I think they will be easier to take down. With that said did you seal the ends with bees wax? That is what I am doing but I wanted to see if there was another kind because for some odd reason it isn't staying like I want it so I may do the shea butter then the bees wax.

Twists work beautifully with this style too:yep: my idol for micro twists is Nigerian Queen I definitely wanna try this in my hair as well one day.

I sealed my ends with an oil mixture I had on hand that was mostly olive oil, my hair is very kinky so once I braid my hair, especially in small braids....it just stays. I left out about an inch to an inch and a half of my own natural hair to allow the ends to curl up when I co-washed and allow for a nice finished look. I think beeswax may be a bit heavy though, shea butter is definitely a better option.

Next time I do micro's I'm gonna use a shea butter mix that also has moisture with a bit of glycerin in it that makes a huge difference in dry 4a hair.

Thank you so much Semo and Godsflowerrr:hiya2:you ladies have some GAWgeous hair

Last edited:
:love:

Your hair is beautiful! I've always wondered how to do that frohawk look.

Your afro is gorgeous too. I love it.

Whenever I try braiding that small the braid itself curls up on itself and not just the ends so how did you combat that? Also what did you moisturize your hair with when braiding? I'm just in aww over your hair heat portions and all. I can't wait until I take down my twists to try this.

Whenever I try braiding that small the braid itself curls up on itself and not just the ends so how did you combat that? Also what did you moisturize your hair with when braiding? I'm just in aww over your hair heat portions and all. I can't wait until I take down my twists to try this.
Well when your hair reaches the length I have, the weight of the braid will keep it straight, the hair at my temples that are shorter so the braids tend to curl up what I do is I just pin them down with a bobby pin untill they dry:yep:

To moisturize while braiding I used Jane Carter Hair Nourishng Cream but I think ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer could have done the trick just as well. I needed something that had a nice blend of butters moisture and oils. For Braid maintenence sometimes I'll spray some infusium and seal with shea butter or I'll put IC fantasia gel to help the curls on the ends pop right now I'm focusing on strength so I'm doing some protien/moisture DC's:)

great hair styles!

i had figured you had to be a NYer because you have great style. :)

welcome to the board!!!
Well thank you very much hun! :blowkiss: glad I'm representin for NYC:cool2:

Last edited:
Back