Making a demnan style brush out of a regular brush

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I love my deman style brush but the one i have is the really small one and my hair is too long and thick for quick detangling.

a while ago while i was looking for a goody add shine brush which was supposedly superior to a denman. The only thing thats really important about these brushes it that they have no balls on the tips and the denman had a removable base and the goody has a cusion base. other than that they are regular brushes.

now i saw the same kind of brushes ranged from 1-3 dollars but they had those annoying balls on the tips. i bought them without knowing the balls were bad. i threw one out upon finding this out:wallbash: but couldnt i just cut off the balls and file them smooth? Its a bit of work but i dont want to throw out the other brushes because i cant use them. FYI i have 3 and threw away the 1 dollar one.

would you try filing them down or just buy a non tipped brush?

I thought about doing the same thing b/c I love this style brush. However, the Denman is a bit too stiff and pulls too much of my hair out so I took it right back to Sally's.

I would probably make sure the scissor is very sharp so I get a clean cut.

i cut off the ends of one of my brushes and used it on my manequin head. the brush glided through effortlessly!. to make sure this ould work i tried it also on kinky wist hair. i tangled up some and used the brsuh. it worked! ibefore i cut the tips off i tried and it was very hard. after it was alot easier. the only thing is i dont know what to do with the ends. i would file them but there are just too many. i dont want to get damage from the friction.

i cut off the ends of one of my brushes and used it on my manequin head. the brush glided through effortlessly!. to make sure this ould work i tried it also on kinky wist hair. i tangled up some and used the brsuh. it worked! ibefore i cut the tips off i tried and it was very hard. after it was alot easier. the only thing is i dont know what to do with the ends. i would file them but there are just too many. i dont want to get damage from the friction.
Okay on the above bolded, have you thought of using one of those rectangular nail files? I'm thinking with it being long it can speed the time it takes to file those bristles some. And maybe possibly using a buffer file/block over that to smooth them out some so it doesn't catch on the hair. I honestly don't know, it's just a thought that came to me upon reading this. It's similar to when you're doing your hair and your hair would catch on a split in your fingernail or something to that nature. So what to do? File the nail and then buff it some to smooth it out so it doesn't snag on your hair anymore. Does this make sense?

If the bristles are hard plastic, go to the hardware store and get medium to fine grade sandpaper and start sanding.
it's about 89 cents for a sheet, and you can rip up the paper into small pieces to get inbetween the bristles.

if that fails,use emory boards used for nails... same concept as the sandpaper, ecept the grit is coarse , you'd do better with a fine to medium grit...

Back