Major breakage!!! GRRRRRRR

Aubergold

I had a friend of mine who cornrows hair really well put some in the front half of my hair...What a mistake!!!!! Don't people understand that hair is NOT supposed to break. I stretched my hair out really well so she would have an easier time braiding it but she decided that she wanted to comb the whole hair from ROOT to ENDS. U can only guess how much hair was flying from my head!!! I say to her: dont comb my hair like that, it makes it break. She says: no this is dead hair it has to come out, it normal. I say: noooooo shedding is normal, u r breaking my hair. She says::mad: I went to hair school, I know what I'm talking about!!! And my man loves cornrows on ladies so he's sitting there like: just get through it, looks nice!! BUT I"M LOSING MY HAIR. By the time she done, she's done it so tight that my scalp is raised up:wallbash:. Can we say traction alopecia!!! WHY LORD WHY!! I knew better, I should've stopped her. But what was I gonna say: I read internet message boards and the girls tell me stuff!!! She just kept saying how she went to hair school. If u can't tell, I am so upset cause I have no one to blame but myself:mad: . This has set me back so much, I def will not be seeing the benefits of length for some time. And these joints still hurt even though she put them in yesterday! WHY LORD WHY!!!!

Last edited:
Girl, take them jokers out and give your hair some extra TLC. It's not a done deal yet.

Last edited:
RavenIvygurl said:
She says::mad: I went to hair school, I know what I'm talking about!!!

I must say (and I apologize in advance if this offends anyone) but this is one of the most frightening statements to me! Really bad experiences. I'm so sorry, about your hair, RavenIvygurl, as you seemed to have unfortunately found out why this simple statement can be terrifying! :( :( Sometimes you get a good stylist that went to hair school, but did not complete their certificate, and are wonderful, but I usually don't stick around to risk it. My beloved sister says it often, and I trust her with my life....but she barely touches my hair.

Please, be encouraged!!! Your hair will return better than ever. :)

Back