lye relaxer?

LeNghtyDreAms

Ive been reading on this site about how much lye relaxers are better than no-lye relaxers but i cant find any in stores. Can you only buy lye relaxers online?

thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

They are all over the place, Sally's, Asian Beauty Supply Stores. Lye relaxers don't need to be mixed with an activator so that's how you can tell if one is or isn't. Just keep reading labels. I'm sure someone is going to chime in on examples of Lye relaxers.

Thanx ladies. What lye relaxer gives you the best results? An is no base relaxer lye or no lye or sumthing different all together?

Last edited:
If all else fails and you can not tell which is which read the label. They also have no mix no-lye as well and you might end up buying the wrong thing. Lye has sodium hydroxide…..Just remember to look for sodium hydroxide when you are reading the label and you have lye.

When I switched from no-lye to lye relaxers, I use Elasta QP No Base Relaxer in Mild. This gave me excellent results. But in the event of burning, I still base my scalp and hairline with a petroleum based hair grease.

BC

My friend relaxes her hair herself and is trying to switch to a lye relaxer. She wants to buy the 4lb affirm relaxer, but how long does it last. I mean, can relaxer go bad? She just needs it for herself and touches up every 6 weeks.

My mom perms my hair and we never go to salon or anything so neither of us know much bout hair care. She thinks she does, but she really doesn't. She argued with me for a hour telling me that a relaxer needs to be put on the entire head of already relaxed hair.

Anyways, i also dye my hair so i was wondering is a lye relaxer okay to used on dyed hair?

Thanx in advance!

My mom perms my hair and we never go to salon or anything so neither of us know much bout hair care. She thinks she does, but she really doesn't. She argued with me for a hour telling me that a relaxer needs to be put on the entire head of already relaxed hair.

Anyways, i also dye my hair so i was wondering is a lye relaxer okay to used on dyed hair?

Thanx in advance!

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm switching to lye soon and read that I should apply it to the whole head so that there's no mismatch in texture....but I'm afraid my dyed hair will break off :burning:

Back