Lye in a KIT instead of a jar

ashiah

Wow, this is like the third thread I started today.

Has anyone ever tried this?

I'm thinking of going back to lye; I know the no-lye kits are so easy for self relaxers, but thinking back on my hair history, my hair was healthier when I used lye. Now that CON has a lye relaxer in a kit, it seems very tempting to try. Any reviews? Thoughts? Do you think they changed the ingredients from the regular jars?

I've also seen a lye kit for a product called GROlaxer :lol: I think its by the same people who make those satin scarves with the magic "growing potion" on them. I would probably try one, it's much more convenient than buying everything separately. My hair is much softer and holds moisture better since I switched to lye.

My mom used to use the CON lye relaxer in the box. I did it for her. It turned out really well. The only thing I would suggest is maybe buying an extra bottle of neutralizing shampoo. Since it come in a kit, it only has one small bottle of neutralizing shampoo, but you can save the relaxer for more retouches, so you'll need more shampoo.

I've also seen a lye kit for a product called GROlaxer I think its by the same people who make those satin scarves with the magic "growing potion" on them.
Some black beauty products are so embarrassing. And what's with all the misspelled words, too? I came across a relaxer called "Bone Strait." Was the 'g' and 'h' too much effort for them?

My mom used to use the CON lye relaxer in the box. I did it for her. It turned out really well.
That's good to hear. Any other reviews?

When I was in the BSS picking up the Vitale Sensitive Scalp (it's a guanidine carbonate relaxer) I notice there are A LOT more lye relaxers and some, like Vitale Mo Body, are in kits.

I think women are finally catching on to the detriment calcium hydroxide can pose to the hair.

Chayil

chayil0427 said:
When I was in the BSS picking up the Vitale Sensitive Scalp (it's a guanidine carbonate relaxer) I notice there are A LOT more lye relaxers and some, like Vitale Mo Body, are in kits.

I think women are finally catching on to the detriment calcium hydroxide can pose to the hair.

Chayil

Isn't that the same active ingredient in the Phyto relaxer? I haven't done any research on Phyto, since I never plan on using it, but I think that it would be great if the Vitale is similar and cheaper.

chayil0427 said:

Chayil
I didn't know Vitale Mo Body was lye. The only Vitale relaxer I used was Vitale Life and Body Regular Lye. Man, it burned me UP. It's supposed to have aloe vera in it, but it's, like, one of the last ingredients. :confused: But their neutralizer and conditioner was nice.

Back