Lye Alternative : Sensitive scalp

delp

I finally did the texturizer correct. I put in Vitale L&B (Blue and white ). Left it in rougly 12minutes. Most of my Hair came out looking like ringlets, very nice. I have to go over a few areas again and learn how to touch up without over processing.

HERE'S the QUESTION:

Is there a Vitale Alternative that is just as gentle and Lye?

I love the blue and white jar, someone said the bronze/tan jar burns.

Can anyone give me any suggestions. Affirm burned my scalp. Fiberguard caused alot of shedding. etc.... I can list them all. But, I would like suggestions, If any.

Find something to base your scalp with.I know optimum sells one at sally's for relaxers. If not try a light grease with some kind of tea tree oil in it.hth

delp said:
I finally did the texturizer correct. I put in Vitale L&B (Blue and white ). Left it in rougly 12minutes. Most of my Hair came out looking like ringlets, very nice. I have to go over a few areas again and learn how to touch up without over processing.

HERE'S the QUESTION:

Is there a Vitale Alternative that is just as gentle and Lye?

I love the blue and white jar, someone said the bronze/tan jar burns.

Can anyone give me any suggestions. Affirm burned my scalp. Fiberguard caused alot of shedding. etc.... I can list them all. But, I would like suggestions, If any.

Vitale makes a Life and Body relaxer in mild formula. The actual name is Life and Body Ideal. It's in the tan and brown jar with green writing. I had a hard time finding it because most places just carry the Regular and the Concorde versions.

The only time I've noticed one relaxer burning more than another is when I didn't base well or had been scratching.

Back