Lush Caca Noir Henna...Recently?

Ms_CoCo37

I just purchased a bar of the Lush Caca Noir Henna, and I'm seriously contemplating on using it this weekend. I was curious to see if anyone has tried it recently? I did a search and the most recent thread I found was in January 2009.

If you've tried it, I'd love to know your overall opinions of it.:grin:

I bought it and returned it. I was nervous that it wasn't all natural body quality henna because it was in a bar form. I'd love to hear reviews too.

I have used it a few time (b/c I had to use up the bar)...and I didn't see a dramatic difference, color wise, but my hair felt stronger afterwards... It was messy with rinsing out and my hair felt hard, so my advice is rinse, slather with conditioner, then shampoo, then condition again... I won't be buying it again...the process was too long and too messy for no real color effect. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have used it a few time (b/c I had to use up the bar)...and I didn't see a dramatic difference, color wise, but my hair felt stronger afterwards... It was messy with rinsing out and my hair felt hard, so my advice is rinse, slather with conditioner, then shampoo, then condition again... I won't be buying it again...the process was too long and too messy for no real color effect. Hope this helps.

That actually does help quite a bit! Do you think it would help if I added a little Amla oil to the mix?

I actually love it. Its a lot less work than doing a two-step henna then indigo. I usually add some salt (supposedly helps the indigo stick better) and leave it on overnight so I can get it as dark as possible. You're supposed to let it air dry and get hard before covering if you want a dark blue/black color. I don't remember how dark my hair got the first time I used it, but overtime my hair got pretty dark and shiny, looks great. Its the only henna I plan to use, too lazy for the 2-step stuff lol

WOW!!!!!!!!!! that ends any possible interest.....

LOL well this is why they call it "caca" if it helps at all....

"We admit it; caca is French for 'poo'. Why did we name our beautiful henna hair colours 'poo'? We wanted to make the point that there are no nasty chemicals in them; they are 100% natural, lovely, safe ingredients so you can use them on your pretty heads as often as you like, building up a bright, shiny colour, without absolutely no risk at all"

It's the only henna that I've tried and use. I like it. It dyed most of my gray hair a bronze-red color. My hair also feels stronger when I use it. Just be careful when you grate the henna block. A little seems to go a long way. My hair is shoulder length.

LOL well this is why they call it "caca" if it helps at all....

"We admit it; caca is French for 'poo'. Why did we name our beautiful henna hair colours 'poo'? We wanted to make the point that there are no nasty chemicals in them; they are 100% natural, lovely, safe ingredients so you can use them on your pretty heads as often as you like, building up a bright, shiny colour, without absolutely no risk at all"

I am sooooooo glad you broke that down! I was beginning to get a little worried for a minute there! LOL!!!

**UPDATED PICS** Re: Lush Caca Noir Henna...Recently?

Okay, so I did it and I LOVE the results!!! :love: Everything was simple! No huge mess, washing it out wasn't too bad. At first it felt a little hard, but I washed and conditioned with Taliah Wajiid's Black Shampoo and Conditioner. I followed up by added a bit of Infusion 21 and Silk Infusion by CHI and my hair turned out sooo soft and silky!:gorgeous:

I'm soooo happy with the results! I will definitely use the Lush henna again!

I'm sorry that my pics aren't that great (I used my phone). I'll try to post better ones tonight!

Attachments

• Length Check - (12-14-09) 3.jpg
    Length Check - (12-14-09) 3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Length Check - (12-14-09) 1.jpg
    Length Check - (12-14-09) 1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Length Check - (12-14-09) 2.jpg
    Length Check - (12-14-09) 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 101
Wowow! Great results! How funny, I never saw this thread but I've been looking at this product for a few weeks now! I'm glad you had great results.

I have used it and I really like it. I still mix mine with oils and stuff. The only thing I don't enjoy about it is rinsing out the little pieces in the end, but otherwise I like it!

Wow, your results look great, OP! I've never used Caca Noir, but I use Caca Rouge every month, and it's great.

I've got Caca Noir in my hair right now. It's been in since 7:00pm and will rinse out at 1:00am. That will be 6 hours. I didn't cover my hair with plastic wrap since the instructions say to leave it out if you want darker hair and that's what I want. I hope it will be a success. I love the scent of it much better than the powdered products. It smells really good to me.

Wish me luck ladies! This is the first time using LUSH Henna and I've been doing henna and indigo since February 2007. :yep:

I just want to see how this product compares to my other henna/indigo experiences.

january noir, WOW! I haven't seen this thread in ages! I would love to know how you like the lush henna. I actually have a stash that I'm dying to use, but I'm trying to hold out until the middle of next month (special occasion).

One thing that I found helpful when washing out the henna is to use the Shikakai shampoo soap bar as a cleanser. For some reason, it made the process of getting rid of that "gritty" feeling a lot easier.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to your review. :-)

january noir, WOW! I haven't seen this thread in ages! I would love to know how you like the lush henna. I actually have a stash that I'm dying to use, but I'm trying to hold out until the middle of next month (special occasion).

One thing that I found helpful when washing out the henna is to use the Shikakai shampoo soap bar as a cleanser. For some reason, it made the process of getting rid of that "gritty" feeling a lot easier.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to your review. :-)

I will be back with a review Ms_CoCo37! I read your reviews when I was considering my purchase and your reviews helped me take the plunge.

So far, I can say it's less hassle to mix. I used 2 1/2 blocks and used a cheese grater to grate it. I used hot, but not boiling water in a double boiler and it melted easily and I LOVE the scent! Nothing like the smell of my henna and indigo powders. I'm a purist when it comes to my henna mixes and only use warm tap water and a splash of Amla oil, so this LUSH henna is a pleasant surprise so far. It was easy to apply and now I'm just sitting here surfing the net.

I'm debating on covering my head and going to bed, but nah, I'ma hang tight until at least 1:00 (maybe :look:).

january noir, it's funny that you mentioned it, but I also like to add a few drops of amla oil to my mixture. And you're right, the smell is really nice (much, much better than the powder...peeeewwwww). One other thing that I like to do, is brew a little black tea and mix it with the henna instead of regular tap water.

Shoot! You're making me want to pull out my supplies and get started.:grin: I hope the lush works well for you.:yep:

january noir, it's funny that you mentioned it, but I also like to add a few drops of amla oil to my mixture. And you're right, the smell is really nice (much, much better than the powder...peeeewwwww). One other thing that I like to do, is brew a little black tea and mix it with the henna instead of regular tap water.

Shoot! You're making me want to pull out my supplies and get started.:grin: I hope the lush works well for you.:yep:

Me too! The last time I did a color, I decided to do a henna/indigo gloss. My mistake was that I had done a pre-conditioner with a heavily oil-based product so my hair was resistant and my grays came out a blondish red. It was still better than the gray, but I won't do that (use an oil-based deep conditioner before the treatment) again.

I used to work at LUSH and used this in my own hair for a store demo. It definitely darkened my natural color and left it feeling nice but had it not been for the employee discount, there's no way I would pay full price for it. I think because it is mixed with cocoa butter, it's not as strong or something, because the color only lasted like 2 weeks at the most. And that's a lot of trouble with trying to melt it and everything for only 2 weeks.

No.... they know what it means. It's supposed to be a joke.
It's a UK-based company so the humor is sort of lost in translation between there and here. I remember living overseas and the humor being really dry to me.
Anyway, that's why the signs say "No S**T hair color."
I doubt they'll change the name anytime soon.

No.... they know what it means. It's supposed to be a joke.
It's a UK-based company so the humor is sort of lost in translation between there and here. I remember living overseas and the humor being really dry to me.
Anyway, that's why the signs say "No S**T hair color."
I doubt they'll change the name anytime soon.

I know it's a UK-based company... but they have another face wash, I think it is, called Caca Marron. I'm into lots of British humor but that is just :nono: imo. I thought it was a honest mistake but it's been years, lol, so I guess not.

I know it's a UK-based company... but they have another face wash, I think it is, called Caca Marron. I'm into lots of British humor but that is just :nono: imo. I thought it was a honest mistake but it's been years, lol, so I guess not.

I don't know of any cacas that aren't hennas. Caca Marron is a henna.
But the hennas are like the founders' son's babies, so he is really proud of them and probably has no intention of changing anything about them anytime soon, if ever. It didn't really bother me, but I did notice that in the store I worked (which was a culture shop, so we got a lot of tourists), no one really outwardly laughed except the people from Europe.
Who knows?

Back