Lunch Date Conversation....NEED HELP!

MRJ1972

Hey Ladies,

I have a lunch date with a friend ( well actually a crush :look:)...

What is considered proper conversation???

I have not been on the dating scene in over a decade...Dont want to say anything dumb :perplexed

Need a little more detail.

Is this the first time you have seen him in a while or did you see him over the holidays?

You can start off by asking how was your holiday season.

Just talk to him like you would any other casual friend and go from there. That first meeting you may want to do more listening than talking just so you get a real feel for this person. People love to talk about themselves and will tell you things without realizing they are telling you.

It is more nerves than anything the first time. You will be okay.

Need a little more detail.

Is this the first time you have seen him in a while or did you see him over the holidays?

You can start off by asking how was your holiday season.

Just talk to him like you would any other casual friend and go from there. That first meeting you may want to do more listening than talking just so you get a real feel for this person. People love to talk about themselves and will tell you things without realizing they are telling you.

It is more nerves than anything the first time. You will be okay.

Sorry...I saw him over the holidays and since then we have texted each other a few days out of the week (small talk) but then he asked me out to lunch...

You are right! I am nervous....

Okay after this date, if it is progressing as you would like, start calling and speaking with one another over the phone.

You are just feeling uncertain right now and you want to make a good impression. Trust your instincts.

I would just say as far as conversing, keep it light, keep it fun, keep your ears open!

I am a fan of unusual questions for first dates, especially ones he may not have been asked before so they'll be unique to me!

Back