Lots of compliments over the holiday . . .

Glib Gurl

Just want to thank you ladies for all of the support you've given me in my hair journey. This past Thanksgiving holiday I was overwhelmed with compliments from my mom and my grandma about my hair - they noted that the texture seemed to be better and generally it was just "shiny." They kept asking me what "special" things I put on my hair -- I explained that I just changed my regimen to add deep conditioning and water-based as well as oil-sealing moisturizers.

It is the first time they've seen me and my hair in a while so I think the difference is definitely all of the trips and tricks I learned here at LHCF, so THANKS!!! :kiss:

What about you? Did anyone else get oohs and ahhs from family or friends over the Thanksgiving holiday?

Wow, that's great. There's nothing like positive feedback from the fam. :grin:

My mom said how long my hair was getting. In a separate instance, my sister, on the other hand, asked if it was all mine or if there were any pieces/extensions in. I said "No, it's all me." Then, she didn't say anything:rolleyes: I mentioned some of the things I was doing, but there was dead silence..............

aww that's great!

as for me, i didn't go home for the holiday, and my hair hadn't been washed in 2 weeks, lol. so no comments there:lol:

yes, I got alot of compliments too. One cousin said "dang, your hair wasnt THAT long last time I saw you!!" (August). My other cousin joked that "my tracks" were showing. Then she asked a bunch of questions about my regimen. She seemed open to everything...showed her the website and everything. We'll see. I did get one person who poo-pooed everything I said about co-washing, stretching, airdrying...everything! Oh well, you cant save everyone :nono:

I went shopping with my mother after Thanksgiving and she said she couldn't find me in the store because I was so tall (I was wearing 4inch platforms) and my hair was so long.:look:

Well, I wore my hair in a Hairzing (fabulous accessory for keeping your hair off your clothes, BTW) the night I got in town and the day we traveled. I wore my hair down on Thanksgiving and my mom was like, "your hair is getting long!" SCORE! :) 'Cause she always notices my hair, good or bad. She is loving the hair zing and is going to get one.

Back