Looser Curl Pattern?

soslychic

I noticed that a few people said that msm seemed to loosen their curl pattern. I did a search, but many times the person hadn't mentioned what brand they had used. If you are one of those who has had your curl pattern loosened by msm, please list the brand. TIA!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
bdance.gif
trampoline.gif

GNC Liquid MSM 500 mg. 3 x day

OR

The Vitamin Shoppe 1500 mg powder once a day.

I am a 4A and took it for 2 months before seeing great results.

Would you guys be more specific about the results you achieved? How long you were taking it, how much... etc....? Also your hair types please
smile.gif

I also wonder about the looser curl pattern. I'm not taking my NOW brand of MSM everyday like I should and I'm wondering if the curl pattern will loosen for all of my new growth or just the newest hair coming out of the scalp.

I'm a 3C/4A hair type. Before MSM, my hair would frizz more easily, thus the curl pattern was not well defined. After my first month with MSM, the curl pattern not only has improved definition, but my hair is softer and when pulled back it has nice waves.

My eight year old niece looked at me today and oooh-ed over the wave pattern. She instantly ran her hand across my head and told me it looked nice. Children can be frighteningly honest sometimes, so it was a good feeling to have that reaction.

At first I wasn't really sold on the softer new growth, I just noticed it was growing but after approx. two months of taking it...It is alot looser.. I'm a 3c and I started out taking a brand from Walmart but when it ran out I went to sam's club and bought a brand from there and I take 1000mg 3x a day.

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
Do yall think liquid is better than powder?

[/ QUOTE ]
I switched from liquid to powder because you get more mg per serving with the powder.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I have softer more loose newgrowth. I am 4a. I use either Trimedica or Vitamin Shoppe. 4000mg's a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

dsd, which of these have you found to be superior? I'm likin' the vitamin shoppe price better
smile.gif

What is MSM exactly? I have been taking Biotin for @ 3 months. Is that along the same lines as the MSM?

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
I'm a 3C/4A hair type. Before MSM, my hair would frizz more easily, thus the curl pattern was not well defined. After my first month with MSM, the curl pattern not only has improved definition, but my hair is softer and when pulled back it has nice waves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I would have to brush my hair down (only in the front) real hard to get the naps to stay down.
whip.gif
and after about 4-6 hours they would start forming in the front again. now I lightly brush my hair it pull and back and I have more wave definition that stay down on it's own
smile.gif
so far I'm almost 4 weeks post and I'm loving it. before msm I would start looking in the mirror and think it's almost time to relax cause it was so hard for me to go past 6 weeks. now I know 8 weeks will be no problem. but I'm praying for at least 12 weeks, I don't know if msm will be that good to me. (but I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

Back