Loong time lurker... first post yay!

pinkpanther23

Hey!

So I've been a member of this board since I was 15 in 2007. I finally got a credit card and bought a subscription a couple months ago so I figured it's about time I make my first post.

A little about myself; I was relaxed at 6 years, I've been trying to grow my hair out since I was 14, found this board when I was 15. May 2010 was my last relaxer, I planned to transition for 2 years but I got fed up dealing with two textures so I did my BC after 19 months in November 2011. I was neck length after my BC.

I flat ironed regularly about once a month and experienced a little setback in June with some minor heat damage so I'm trying to get more serious with my regimen to recover my hair. I'm somewhere around shoulder length now I believe.

Any tips from anyone who has experienced heat damage and recovered from it would be great! I'll be back to post some pictures of my looong hair journey :)

Drop the heat completely until you get rid of the damage.
DC atleast weekly
protect those ends
Low manipulation
keep your hair moisturized
Regular trims

Last edited:
So these pictures are post BC November/ December except the last one. This was sometime about a year into my transition. As you can see my relaxed ends were very thin which was one of the main reasons I decided to go natural.

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 60
  • SDC12421.jpg
    SDC12421.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 61
The first two pictures are my wet hair before vs wet hair after heat damage. There are some straight ends and my curl pattern is looser and lays down a lot flatter on my head. And the last picture is a the length of my nape after trimming off some damage. Excuse the boobage :blush:

Attachments

• IMAG0821-1.jpg
    IMAG0821-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG1138.jpg
    IMAG1138.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG1195.jpg
    IMAG1195.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 35
aww thats too cute ... first credit card and you buy ur LHCF membership :)

Never had heat damage before but I agree with pinkshunshine77s suggestions ... adding protein and moisture to the suggestion to DC regularly

Back